salvation army thift store moberly mo

salvation army thift store moberly mo

Posted in the Moberly Forum

moberly shopper

United States

#1 Sep 2, 2012
Hello I am a customer of moberly mo salvation army and I've been in there a lot in I have noticed prices have changed again to 285 or priced as marked and they do weekly sales and sale clothes for 50 cents and they also have summer and winter out at the same time so every one please give them a chance and go shop at there store the workers are very sweet and they are greeting customers and I love how the manager has the store set up way to go salvation army and I also have noticed when I check out there's a reward on the wall for there service they do I don't see any at good well I believe moberly salvation army is a good store to shop at so every one go shop at the store and check out what they have

Since: May 12

Forsyth, IL

#2 Sep 2, 2012
Can you find a period on your keyboard?

Since: May 12

Fulton, MO

#3 Sep 2, 2012
Studs Turkel..no one is prefect........is that enough periods..if you dont have nothing better to say then leave it be..why does everyone in this world have to be so rude.
sarah

United States

#4 Sep 3, 2012
I love moberly mo salvation army store. They are way better then the ones in columbia mo. I would rather drive to moberly in shop. I agree the prices are very low and the store is set up very nice you can find items much better then you can in columbia
deb

United States

#5 Sep 9, 2012
Hello I enjoy shopping at moberly mo salvation army. The store is so set up you can find you're size way better then you can at the store in kirksville. I love the very low prices they have and I noticed they have started putting out summer and winter clothes at the same time. I truly believe salvation army is a great store to shop at.
wow

Fulton, MO

#6 Sep 11, 2012
stinks in there
deb

United States

#7 Sep 11, 2012
It does not stink in there you low life bitch
rhonda

United States

#8 Sep 14, 2012
Hello I am on here to tell people not to donate to salvation army. I have donated to them and I've seen them throwing peoples donations away. Last week I called them in asked if I could bring up a donation and I told them the items got wet. Well the worker told me if its wet they won't accept it because it will stink up there store. I am upset about it don't they wash there clothes any ways. I will never donate to them again because my really wet clothes where turned away.
alex

United States

#9 Sep 16, 2012
I do not agree with any of you. Salvation army is a very nice store to shop at. When my families house burnt down, salvation army gave them clothing vouchers. Yes I have seen them throwing items away. But its things that can't be sold in the store. I really love how the manager got the store set up. Over the last few years I have noticed they have changed a lot. The prices are way cheaper then goodwill. So people please give moberly salvation army a chance and shop there.
old shopper

United States

#10 Sep 16, 2012
I will not shop at salvation army at all. The prices on some items have gotten little pricey. The workers never greet you or any thing when you come into the store. All they do is stay in the back in work. I do not like the worker that has long hair and that's skinny. She is always rude to the her workers. Only worker that I love is Marsha she is a sweet heart and always has a smile. The other girl who has blond hair is okay. The guy who works there is a nice guy he always coming running to the check out when we need him. There are reasons why I won't shop there. Well one is when me and my mother was shopping for kids clothes we seen one of the workers kissing her boyfriend or who ever he is. Me and my mother thanks that worker is in the wrong. We thank she should not be kissing all over her boyfriend where customers can see it and that she should represent her company. The second reason we stopped shopping there is because of the kids who run around the store showing there underwear. The third reason is the store aisles are to close together. My mother who is in a wheel chair can't go down the aisles in shop. I am not saying salvation army is a bad place to shop at but they need to take care of some things and get better parking. The dam library and other business take up all the spots and we have to park over by the church. I want to also say thank you to the manager. She has really changed that store over the past few years. I am not saying your store is a bad place. I just can't stand what we see going on.
Careforithers

United States

#11 Sep 18, 2012
rhonda wrote:
Hello I am on here to tell people not to donate to salvation army. I have donated to them and I've seen them throwing peoples donations away. Last week I called them in asked if I could bring up a donation and I told them the items got wet. Well the worker told me if its wet they won't accept it because it will stink up there store. I am upset about it don't they wash there clothes any ways. I will never donate to them again because my really wet clothes where turned away.
the reason your clothes were refused, is because they will mold. They do not wash the clothing before it goes on the racks! Mold causes ilness! The salvation army is a great thing for people in need. Not everything can be kept ! Appreciate the fact she was honest, allowing you to find someone else that needs them!
manager

Moberly, MO

#12 Sep 19, 2012
rhonda wrote:
I'm sorry you feel the way you do,and I'm sorry that you are upset. We do not have a washer and dryer at the store. It would take a lot of time and money for us to wash everything that comes in. Wet clothes are something that we do not accept and any clothing that is left outside and gets rained on we have to through away. We get a lot of donations of clothing that has mildw and mold on them, and we have to discard them. It is something that does not wash out.
store worker

United States

#13 Sep 19, 2012
I am very upset how people talk about our store. You don't know what we do for the community. Our company helps people who are fire victims, help pay bills when you need help. We also do a back to school thing for moberly area kids. We are a non profit store our money goes into the community. I am so sad that people say our store sucks. I don't agree we have very low prices and our workers always are nice to the customers. We work our butts off to keep the store going and your donations help a lot. I love all of the customers who shop at our store thank you guys for your business and please stop by all the time and shop
Sal-Army Friend

Kansas City, MO

#14 Sep 19, 2012
You realize that they have community service workers that are up there for months at a time right? All the times I have been in the store, all the workers were very professional and trying their hardest to get items out for people to purchase. I have seen the kids with the underwear showing. But I have seen the staff members tell them to pull their pants up. With them being so busy and only 4 or 5 actual workers at the store with only a few working at a time, I understand that it is hard for them to keep an eye on everything and everyone at the same time. But they try. The store looks amazing, it has changed so much in the past 10 years. As for the store stinking, I have never smelled anything bad in there. I did find a dryer sheet in a pair of pants I bought there one time and that was comical. Before you put their store down, why dont you volunteer there one day to see what they go through.
old shopper wrote:
I will not shop at salvation army at all. The prices on some items have gotten little pricey. The workers never greet you or any thing when you come into the store. All they do is stay in the back in work. I do not like the worker that has long hair and that's skinny. She is always rude to the her workers. Only worker that I love is Marsha she is a sweet heart and always has a smile. The other girl who has blond hair is okay. The guy who works there is a nice guy he always coming running to the check out when we need him. There are reasons why I won't shop there. Well one is when me and my mother was shopping for kids clothes we seen one of the workers kissing her boyfriend or who ever he is. Me and my mother thanks that worker is in the wrong. We thank she should not be kissing all over her boyfriend where customers can see it and that she should represent her company. The second reason we stopped shopping there is because of the kids who run around the store showing there underwear. The third reason is the store aisles are to close together. My mother who is in a wheel chair can't go down the aisles in shop. I am not saying salvation army is a bad place to shop at but they need to take care of some things and get better parking. The dam library and other business take up all the spots and we have to park over by the church. I want to also say thank you to the manager. She has really changed that store over the past few years. I am not saying your store is a bad place. I just can't stand what we see going on.
siwelone

Mexico, MO

#15 Sep 19, 2012
rhonda wrote:
you know rhonda, you should go up there and do some volunteer work for about a week or two, that way you can actually see what goes on. i have worked up there before. if your cloths were wet why couldn't you throw them in your dryer before you take them up there? as for throwing donations away, let me ask you this, would you buy cloths that were molded and mildewed i opened up a sack of books and they were covered with mold, what would you do with them? as for your comment about washing things, why can't people bring clean cloths up there? for real you should see some of the cloths that some people bring up there. we had some white t-shirts come in that had the underarm sweat stains, would you buy them or expect someone else to buy them? you really should get the truth before you go passing judgement.
billy

Moberly, MO

#16 Sep 20, 2012
Sal-Army Friend wrote:
You realize that they have community service workers that are up there for months at a time right? All the times I have been in the store, all the workers were very professional and trying their hardest to get items out for people to purchase. I have seen the kids with the underwear showing. But I have seen the staff members tell them to pull their pants up. With them being so busy and only 4 or 5 actual workers at the store with only a few working at a time, I understand that it is hard for them to keep an eye on everything and everyone at the same time. But they try. The store looks amazing, it has changed so much in the past 10 years. As for the store stinking, I have never smelled anything bad in there. I did find a dryer sheet in a pair of pants I bought there one time and that was comical. Before you put their store down, why dont you volunteer there one day to see what they go through. <quoted text>
Thank you a lot we do try our best to help out the community. Thank you for shopping at our store
siwelone

Mexico, MO

#17 Sep 22, 2012
old shopper wrote:
your name pretty mush says it all OLD SHOPPER really what do you want anyway? sounds like you want a store like Walmart with rummage sale prices, if the parking and the building don't hold to your standards why don't you donate enough money to build them a bigger store with a parking lot. you people who bitch about this store just irritate me, where were you when they was doing the back to school give away?? in all honestly,after reading all the post on here, that place could be the biggest building and have the biggest parking lot in town and just give everything away and people would still find something to bitch about!
jake

United States

#18 Sep 22, 2012
I love moberly mo salvation army thift store. That store really helped out my family when our burnt down. I want to send out a big thank you to ruth sumpter and the manager at the store. If it wasn't for you guys my family would have nothing.
sexygreeneyes

United States

#19 Oct 12, 2012
I give moberly salvation army a thumbs up. They have totally changed over the past years. I love how the store is set up. And for all of you who bitch about there prices I have no problem with them. The prices are very low and way better then good will. I do agree that they do need a bigger store so they can put out more items for us to buy. So manager of salvation army if you read this keep up the good work hun and try to get a bigger store with more room. And also I would rather donate to you guys then good will. I have seen good will throw all kinds of things away. Salvation army is a good store you guys help out the community a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moberly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tara Belcher (May '15) Sat Reality Check 28
News Randolph County man makes threats in incriminat... Sat Nope 87
denicia lampkin aka necy Mar 24 NOTsurprised 29
Randolph/Moberly YMCA (May '13) Mar 24 Anonymous 42
Good bar recommendations? Mar 24 Wow 10
Everlast employee Mar 23 Wife 7
Miranda Williams Mar 22 Yup 8

Moberly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance