Aaron's rumored to have bedbugs

Aaron's rumored to have bedbugs

Posted in the Moberly Forum

I noticed

Mexico, MO

#1 Mar 16, 2013
I heard a rumor that Aaron's rent to own store in Moberly has bedbugs & gave them to one of their customers. Anyone else heard this rumor?

Since: Mar 13

United States

#2 Mar 16, 2013
I noticed wrote:
I heard a rumor that Aaron's rent to own store in Moberly has bedbugs & gave them to one of their customers. Anyone else heard this rumor?
We had a customer report to our store on March 8, 2013 that the pre-leased living group originally leased back in October 2012 had bed bugs. Two different pest control companies confirmed this, along with seeing signs of bugs in other areas of the house. Although it was not determined where the bed bugs originated, we paid to have the customer's house treated professionally with extreme heat which kills all the bugs. In addition, we had our store inspected and NO signs of bed bugs were found! This was the first issue in the Moberly area of bed bugs, we handled it promptly and professionally to satisfy the customer.
Thanks,
John Cleek, Jr.
Vice President
Cleek's Inc./Aaron's
Monk

Garden City, MI

#3 Mar 16, 2013
Yall sure it wasnt trisha may cuz her and jerry got em bad they greet you coming out da car sheesh
I noticed

Mexico, MO

#4 Mar 18, 2013
Well thank you for your response. In this town like any other town you can't believe rumors. Of course your company could'nt accept the furniture back if they defaulted on the lease.

That was very nice of Aaron's to pay to have their house professionally treated. Everything I've read about bedbugs states once a place gets bedbugs they are very difficult to get rid of. It's scary to think where the bugs came from.

These days anything is possible. I read in the news last week a Greyhound bus was infested with roaches. It was so bad the had to stop the bus unload passengers & luggage then wait for another bus to continue the route. Gross!
John Cleek Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
We had a customer report to our store on March 8, 2013 that the pre-leased living group originally leased back in October 2012 had bed bugs. Two different pest control companies confirmed this, along with seeing signs of bugs in other areas of the house. Although it was not determined where the bed bugs originated, we paid to have the customer's house treated professionally with extreme heat which kills all the bugs. In addition, we had our store inspected and NO signs of bed bugs were found! This was the first issue in the Moberly area of bed bugs, we handled it promptly and professionally to satisfy the customer.
Thanks,
John Cleek, Jr.
Vice President
Cleek's Inc./Aaron's
andy

United States

#5 Mar 18, 2013
Whatcha get for selling to moberly people
big guy

United States

#6 Mar 28, 2013
I would get anything from Aaron's they don't have any idea how to respect there employees or customers.
Tell me about it

Mooresville, NC

#7 Apr 10, 2013
Yea they might pay you pretty good, but they fail to mention in your interview that your suppose to basically give up your hole life for them. If you have kids or a signaficant other you should not work for Aaron's because you will never have time for them and you are suppose to run around and market for them when your out doing things with family, friends, etc. They have no respect for their employees at all. As far as the bed bug thing goes it is possible because when they get mattresses back they are suppose to clean it with a steam cleaner. Kinda hard to do when they don't have one they use a rug doctor half the time and others if it looks good they don't clean it at all! Not to mention how many computers, tvs, and other electronics they get back with roaches. I would never get anything from there save your money and buy it from somewhere else for a third of what you will pay at Aaron's
Shirley Batiste

Houston, TX

#9 Jan 16, 2016
I RENTED SOME FURNITURE FROM AARON S AND I M FROM HOUSTON TEXAS I WENT. STORE OFF OF SPENCER IN PASADENA.I GOT THE FURNITURE IN JULY IN THE LADT OF SEPTEMBER IN TO OCTOBER I STARTING SEE BED BUGS I CALL MRVLES BROWN AND TOLD HIM ABOUT HE NEVER CAM OUT SO I TOOK PICTURE.SO I WHEN OUT AND BUY BED BUGS CHEMICALS FOR THEM NOT ONE TIME DID THEY OFFER TO PAY FOR THE ITEM. SO THEY WERE NO MORE BED BUGS AFTER I HAD THE APARTMENT TREATED SO I GOT A CALL FROM VALAIRE THAT SHE HAD A BED SO I GOT THE BED NOT K.OW HERE COME THE BED BUGS AGAIN SO I CALL MR LES BROWN AGAIN BECAUSE I TOLD HIM AT THAT TIME HE CAN COME GET THE FURNITURE OR WAS HE GOING TO HIM ME THIS TO HAVE THE APARTMENT TREATED I GOT RESPOND FROM HIM IT WAS A WEEK BEFORE I HARD FRO MR LES BROWN THATS WHEN I TOLD HIM TOCOME AND GET THE FURNITURE BECAUSE I HAD MADE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS TO GET. SOME FURNITURE SOMEWHERE ELSE. ON DECEMBER I HAD SOME FURNITURE TO BE DELIVER BUT THERE STUFF WAS STILL HERE SO I HAD TO LEAVE MY HOUSE TO GET TREATED BEFORE THEY CAN BRING MY NEW FURNITURE. BUT THEY TOOK THERE TIME ABOUT SO FINALLY THEY DID AND I GOTVMY NEW FURNITURE HAVING SEEN A BED BUGS AND THAT MY STORY ON AARON'S FURNITURE. STORE.
gjjh6951

United States

#10 Mar 27, 2016
Okay im a employee of arrons and.i have seeing the most neglected act of this company regarding there protocols yes if a customer complains abt bedbugs yes they got it from aarons reason why because i have.seen them crwaling in day.light the managment dnt care but.this ruins ppls life and home.idont.know what to do i have even got bit during at wrk but im afraid to say anything

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moberly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Randolph County man makes threats in incriminat... 5 hr Cctx78618 2nd 24
Mara Goff 23 hr Concerns660 1
Leslie Wemhoff Fri Manly man 26
The Minks Twins (Mar '13) Fri nopityhere 32
hannahs closet family life fellowship (Jul '12) Thu God Bless 50
Huntsville Elementary School (Mar '15) Wed Itsagame 9
City of Huntsville Wed Hell In a hand ba... 6

Moberly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance