American student detained in China do...

American student detained in China doing OK, senator's spokeswoman says

There are 4 comments on the CBS News story from Jul 20, 2017, titled American student detained in China doing OK, senator's spokeswoman says. In it, CBS News reports that:

A spokeswoman for U.S. Sen. Jon Tester, Marnee Banks, said the U.S. Embassy in Beijing provided details Thursday on the status of Guthrie McLean after the University of Montana student was visited by a consular official. McLean was arrested in the city of Zhengzhou Sunday and accused of intentionally injuring the taxi driver, according to family friend Tom Mitchell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

He Named Me Black Annie

Cibolo, TX

#1 Jul 20, 2017
Let the justice system work. They'll send him back in a coma in a few months and then "Guthrie" can finally be with Jesus.
Fundiementally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jul 20, 2017
Wait, was the cab driver "hacking" in any of three senses or did the US student have a sharp implement he used on the cab driver?
He Named Me Black Annie

Cibolo, TX

#3 Jul 20, 2017
Fundiementally ill wrote:
Wait, was the cab driver "hacking" in any of three senses or did the US student have a sharp implement he used on the cab driver?
His Mom tried the old "Can you break a $1,000" trick on the cab driver and he got mad. "Guthrie" then attacked the man, causing major injuries. The ugly American is alive and well throughout the world. China don't play that.
made in china

Cabot, AR

#4 Jul 20, 2017
China first, America last!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Missoula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lee Jordan's Basketcase Finally Dies Oct 11 Dianne Gergen 3
Food Farm Tiffany Oct 9 LordOfAcid 3
Stylist needed Sat Sept 22 Oct 6 Foxy Blown 2
Lolo Music Thread (Jul '17) Sep 22 Musikologist 2
News Pearl Jam's White House poster criticised Aug '18 davy 27
News Republicans blast Pearl Jam poster of burning W... Aug '18 iHotInstagramGirl 1
Barry Conner Hendersonville NC~No good, lying, ... Jun '18 SSW9 1

Missoula Jobs

Personal Finance

Missoula Mortgages