Montanans and the California Hate.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
406 Montana 406

East Helena, MT

#24 Aug 18, 2012
Kathryn wrote:
Texans are very much into all things Texas, so I wonder if it's the same kind of thing. I've lived longer in CA than anywhere else [due to the military and being a military brat, that's all of about 5 1/2 years accumulatively] and I am interested in learning more about MT in view of living somewhere I can truly afford but still have mountains and some decent greenery.
I read these forums to get a sense of what kind of people live there and what I will encounter if I move there, since I am looking at a range of places beyond just the Missoula area, I don't have time to live in each place for several months. But places that sound good, and where the posts do not get overwhelmed quickly by racist/sexist/other hatred are definitely more attractive than other places where they do.
I do realize there will always be trolls, but I look at the overwhelming attitudes of forum posts by residents.
I'm not sure what town will show up for me, since I'm new to Topix, but I'm writing from Arkansas right now and have yet to see Montana with my own eyes.
I can tell you don't listen to these idiots, I'm a born and raised Montanan and you would not regret coming here! No big cities just towns and lots of open land to have fun and explore! Just don't act like you are better than us we won't be rude to you.....
406 Montana 406

East Helena, MT

#26 Aug 18, 2012
Montana is the last place to get away from the big cities and such of the other states! The reason we don't like you is because you think you are better than us.... If you dont think or act like you are well then we have no problem
Greg

Missoula, MT

#27 Aug 20, 2012
Bought my first house in 82 for 55k. Two years later my wifes Aunt and Uncle sold thier house in a San Fran suburb for 255k and moved to Missoula and built a house. For that kind of money then a person could build one heck of a house. This was going on where ever the Calis moved to and was driving up land and house prices so locals were getting priced out. Any wonder no one here cares for Cali transplants.
enclosed_garden

Tempe, AZ

#28 Aug 29, 2012
@ WOW - usually the worst of the locale are posting on Topix and the good ones are working or in school. So, don't judge a place by Topix... go and visit and see what you think!
cupcake

Missoula, MT

#29 Sep 3, 2012
Dear Californian, Hello. I was born and bred in california, but have spent half my life here in montana. I'm what you could call a cross between montanian and californian. And let me tell you something generlizing all "montanians" as hicks who are too stupid to understand their own laws is just like saying california got ruined by arnold and not all the drug lords and gangs. And dont tell me idk what im talking about because i lived down the street from the mexican mafia leader. Listen up, not all of montana blames california, and not all of californians get ridiculed for it. Yes, Montana is a tight knit society, but its because they care about their community. I know how california can be, and i know its a hard concept for us californians to understand, but in reality all they want is for our beautiful montana to not end up like california. so before you judge montanians for our piece of the country maybe you should look back at california and remember why you moved here.. because montana is nothing like california so that california attitude only makes you look like the uneducated hick in the scenario.

Sincerely, Cupcake
California Bred, Montana Raised
MT Htr

Missoula, MT

#30 Aug 25, 2013
Y'all crazy. MT IS a dump, and most of the natives are, let's just say, not the most sophisticated of people.

Locals think they work hard, the reality is the wouldn't know a hard days work if it was labeled "hard work". Honestly some of the laziest losers I've ever encountered... they'd of course tell you differently. Which is ironic, its so frigging easy/simple here, that is exactly WHY all the out-of-towners move here. Because if you have half a brain you can make money remotely and live the high-live here in MT. The Universities and hospitals are amongst the worst in the country, but the locals, being too ignorant to know any better, think they're top-notch. They really are some of the simplest people - as in IQ of 85.

They're all pissed that they're poor white trash, and when out-of-towners are around this becomes even more apparent to such 'simple' people. This frustrates the hell out of them and they lash out. They blame everyone else for their plight. God forbid they take responsibility for the choices they've made. Like going to a loser school like MSU and studying English. Wow, shocker you can't get a job.

They are an extremely closed off people. They'll be nice to your face, but if you're an out-of-towner expect to be treated like an African American in the 1960s. That is about the era this place is stuck in, so it is pretty accurate.

It's NOT just a California thing. It's anyone who has potential. They hate these people. They stand for everything anti-Montana.
syko

Missoula, MT

#31 Aug 27, 2013
Hey, all you, apparently brain dead, people NOT from Montana!

The reason we don't want ANY of you moving here is because you ALWAYS want to be just like what you left behind (what did you leave for?). We do not want Montana to be California, Texas or any other of the pitiful places you come from.

The other thing is that, especially Washington & Texas, people come in here demanding our respect. You want respect? You have to show us that you deserve it. Something too few visitors are willing to do.

This is/was a beautiful, peaceful place. With beatiful friendly towns and people. What's changed? You greedy, self-righteous, conceited crying/whiny little babies moved here and COULD NOT adapt. You had to change it. Fuck You all that have/are doing that. Take your city ways and leave now!

Oh, and to all of you that think we are a bunch of stupid hicks... please, keep thinking that, pass it around freely.
Then maybe we can get our state back.

Another thing you need to understand. All you 'big money' jerkwads that want to buy up our land to retire on and covet as your own. We don't need you (Turner, et al)! You are not liked/appreciated or respected. You are tolerated!

Has this sunk in yet? We, that have always lived in the Rocky Mtns., are not like the rest of you. We respect the land, the water, the sky, the animals and a hard working person. We have not trashed our state like most of you that come here have.

Having stated all that..., if you are willing to work hard, play hard, help your friends/neighbor for free! and be respectful of your "environment", we will welcome you. But don't come here thinking your "king of the world". We REALLY REALLY don't like dictators here.
syko

Missoula, MT

#32 Aug 27, 2013
MT Htr wrote:
Y'all crazy. MT IS a dump, and most of the natives are, let's just say, not the most sophisticated of people.
Locals think they work hard, the reality is the wouldn't know a hard days work if it was labeled "hard work". Honestly some of the laziest losers I've ever encountered... they'd of course tell you differently. Which is ironic, its so frigging easy/simple here, that is exactly WHY all the out-of-towners move here. Because if you have half a brain you can make money remotely and live the high-live here in MT. The Universities and hospitals are amongst the worst in the country, but the locals, being too ignorant to know any better, think they're top-notch. They really are some of the simplest people - as in IQ of 85.
They're all pissed that they're poor white trash, and when out-of-towners are around this becomes even more apparent to such 'simple' people. This frustrates the hell out of them and they lash out. They blame everyone else for their plight. God forbid they take responsibility for the choices they've made. Like going to a loser school like MSU and studying English. Wow, shocker you can't get a job.
They are an extremely closed off people. They'll be nice to your face, but if you're an out-of-towner expect to be treated like an African American in the 1960s. That is about the era this place is stuck in, so it is pretty accurate.
It's NOT just a California thing. It's anyone who has potential. They hate these people. They stand for everything anti-Montana.
Really? You are the most arrogant SOB to post yet. With your super high IQ, I'm sure you know that you have just proven why you were treated like you were. You are an ACTUAL piece of shit. You didn't & don't deserve to even visit this state. We should have shot & buried you! The whole world would be better off! Is your name, Teddy Turner?
SLACK

Ludington, MI

#33 Sep 5, 2013
I moved to Missoula when I was 19 in the early eighties, it was a great time in my life.

Jerry Johnson's, logging roads everywhere, the eagles at Coeur d'Alene, Glacier, a wilderness paradise!

Lunch at the U cafeteria, or Double Front for chicken.

Good times. I lived up Rattlesnake.
Community Disorganizer

Newtown, CT

#34 Sep 10, 2013
Just be happy the New York City liberals haven't found their way to Montana.
Skar-skar

South San Francisco, CA

#35 Jul 30, 2014
I'm from California, and I'm Mexican. I'm literally moving to montana in 3 days... Or at least I'll be there in 2. But by reading all of these I'm scared to go there. I'm just a teenager and honestly with this... I rather just be homeschooled than having to deal with the children of Californian hating rude people! I understand that not all people are the same but idk what to say with all that I've read.
saying

West Liberty, KY

#36 Aug 6, 2014
I would love to be able to move to Montana! Not because I think the housing is cheap.(Rather pricey in some places) nor because I want to look down my nose at the locals! But because I think it is a beautiful place. From what I've read about the lifestyle there, people seem genuine and that is a desirable quality to have. Not too many genuine people here in eastern Ky. Drug dealers every other house, and we live way out in the country! Just saying! I think it would be a good place to live.
saying

West Liberty, KY

#37 Aug 6, 2014
cupcake wrote:
Dear Californian, Hello. I was born and bred in california, but have spent half my life here in montana. I'm what you could call a cross between montanian and californian. And let me tell you something generlizing all "montanians" as hicks who are too stupid to understand their own laws is just like saying california got ruined by arnold and not all the drug lords and gangs. And dont tell me idk what im talking about because i lived down the street from the mexican mafia leader. Listen up, not all of montana blames california, and not all of californians get ridiculed for it. Yes, Montana is a tight knit society, but its because they care about their community. I know how california can be, and i know its a hard concept for us californians to understand, but in reality all they want is for our beautiful montana to not end up like california. so before you judge montanians for our piece of the country maybe you should look back at california and remember why you moved here.. because montana is nothing like california so that california attitude only makes you look like the uneducated hick in the scenario.
Sincerely, Cupcake
California Bred, Montana Raised
Montana is a beautiful place. And the fact that they are very close knit is what makes me want to move there. I may never get the opportunity to live there but I love the state of Montana and truly admire the culture and the people from there.
Winston

Santa Cruz, CA

#38 Jan 12, 2015
Matt wrote:
Hey, I have to say I am from California, but I am not anything like the stereotypical Californian. I don't have long hair, I don't have any money, I don't want to buy land, I don't smoke anything, and I am very polite and nice to everyone. I want to become a Montanan, because the lifestyle here is much better than the "I am better than everyone else" attitude in California. Everything about Cali sucks and thats one of the reasons I moved here.(The gun laws here are MUCH better)
I feel the same way. I'm definitely not a Californian, but unfortunately I was born there; I consider myself a New Yorker but after going back to California for high school I'm ready to get the hell out and move to Montana. I hope I don't get branded as a Californian because the stereotypes are so often true and the state is full of hippies that want to sit around getting high while people who work for a living take care of them.
Mr Completely

United States

#39 Jan 13, 2015
wow wrote:
Kinda shocking how ignorant people can be...theres a lot of nice people in CA and theres a lot of annoying people. Guess what? It's the SAME in Montana and everywhere else you go to. I think this whole we hate californians thing is really imature and middle school like. Montana is a beautiful state with some really nice people. The hiking and scenery is amazing!! I like living here for college but I don't like the consistent rude remarks about me being from CA. I am a person. I don't represent the whole state. Please get to know people individually, don't stereotype. I have tried to be open and I wish more people would do the same. I came here to vent and now I'm done lol
As I have seen the influx of people to MT to get away from it all and relax is all well and good until they bring it all with cause it was so nice back home !!!! Including their CA attitudes or any other "money" center afflictions, such as wanna be gangsters, cause their targets moved here. It was that we never had to lock anything up and social circles were a lot larger and very helpful. The hicks saw em coming and raised the cost of everything, at which they never even blinked lol (the transplants), to be more comfortable themselves. It's not the paradise they (transplants) thought it would be cause of changes that became needed to handle the growth that is inevitable. We can't say no but we do not have to be inviting and receptive !!! Wrong post to reply to but I made my point. Have a good one.
Mr Completely

United States

#40 Jan 13, 2015
syko wrote:
Hey, all you, apparently brain dead, people NOT from Montana!
The reason we don't want ANY of you moving here is because you ALWAYS want to be just like what you left behind (what did you leave for?). We do not want Montana to be California, Texas or any other of the pitiful places you come from.
The other thing is that, especially Washington & Texas, people come in here demanding our respect. You want respect? You have to show us that you deserve it. Something too few visitors are willing to do.
This is/was a beautiful, peaceful place. With beatiful friendly towns and people. What's changed? You greedy, self-righteous, conceited crying/whiny little babies moved here and COULD NOT adapt. You had to change it. Fuck You all that have/are doing that. Take your city ways and leave now!
Oh, and to all of you that think we are a bunch of stupid hicks... please, keep thinking that, pass it around freely.
Then maybe we can get our state back.
Another thing you need to understand. All you 'big money' jerkwads that want to buy up our land to retire on and covet as your own. We don't need you (Turner, et al)! You are not liked/appreciated or respected. You are tolerated!
Has this sunk in yet? We, that have always lived in the Rocky Mtns., are not like the rest of you. We respect the land, the water, the sky, the animals and a hard working person. We have not trashed our state like most of you that come here have.
Having stated all that..., if you are willing to work hard, play hard, help your friends/neighbor for free! and be respectful of your "environment", we will welcome you. But don't come here thinking your "king of the world". We REALLY REALLY don't like dictators here.
Dick taters LOL hell yah!!!!!
David

United States

#41 Jul 9, 2016
WOW wrote:
I was actually seriously thinking about moving to Montana this year, but now I think I'll look else were. I thought people were supposed to be nice. Now I feel like if I move I'll be ridiculed because I'm Mexican and a Californian. I don't want to raise my son in that kind of environment. Wow. People are seriously mean.
Dude Montanans don't care of what race you are just as long as you guys don't have a demeaning douchebag attitude and the only reason that Montanans don't have an ok attitude about Californians because few years back Californians wanted to move here because of the outdoors but they brought laws with them and franchises and everything opposite ruining Montana, they kept complaining about everything so they changed laws and now some areas in Montana are ruined. What im trying to say is if you come to Montana don't be an asshole and don't complain, we don't care where you come from if you don't like the laws and things in Montana , then leave because you guys are not certainly changing it. People in Montana aren't all Cowboys or rednecks or hicks were nice people and we are nice to nice people. Treat everyone like how you want to be treated.
PLUG-MORE

Costa Mesa, CA

#43 Saturday Aug 27
Mr Completely wrote:
<quoted text>Dick taters LOL hell yah!!!!!
AS ALWAYS , more Big dicks up more MT KKLUCX azz, GET OVER TO MORE ON MT METH CAPITOL , and dongs em swift.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Missoula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bronies in hs 9 hr ugh 3
gay Sat hot rod 1
Old Kkuck, Toothless Fool, Smelly Old Codger Aug 27 PLUG-MORE 3
Review: hogan property solutions Jul '16 yiriamos25 1
News "Celebrate Islam Week" to educate on Islam culture Jul '16 Old Pom 12
the truth about the jews and israel Jul '16 BUDD PRESCOTT 1
News Missoula fireworks company explains why it aban... Jun '16 Rose Villa 2

Missoula Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance