Powell, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Judged:

Ever since I was little, people here have been blaming everything from overcrowding to local laws on "Californians".

I'm pretty sure it's jealousy. People here are so stubborn and ignorant, they can't think for themselves and are following some retarded trend that their parents passed along to them.

"Oh shit! There's a guy with long hair! Must be from California!"

"Dey took ur jobs!!"

etc..

Why don't you people get over your stupidity and accept the fact that YOU are the reason your pitiful laws get passed. Oh no! I can't text while driving my ugly pickup truck anymore! What if it's a business text!

No. You are an idiot and I hope some black dude from California knocks up your daughter and you lose your job to a Mexican who can do it better than you without bitching.

Enjoy your day! I'm from California and you can bitch about me all you want. I'm buying up all your land because you are unskilled and make crap wages and will always be that way. You don't DESERVE jack squat by being born in Montana. Just ridicule if you are the stubborn typical "Montanian".

Ha Ha Ha!
Hick

Stevensville, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2009

Californians move up to the northwest because they like the lifestyle and the cheap housing, and there is always some truth in a stereotype. I have lived all over the northwest and I can guarantee you that every time there is an influx of Californians there is also an influx in housing costs, and prices of goods. People donít like the Californian Lifestyle up here and Californians are too big douche bags to realize that they need to assimilate into the culture. In the northwest only a douche would imply that their neighbors are hicks. Donít take it too personal because the influx of Mormans from UT make things crappie too.
WOW

Porterville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2009

I was actually seriously thinking about moving to Montana this year, but now I think I'll look else were. I thought people were supposed to be nice. Now I feel like if I move I'll be ridiculed because I'm Mexican and a Californian. I don't want to raise my son in that kind of environment. Wow. People are seriously mean.
haBADRAPha

Missoula, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

WOW wrote:
I was actually seriously thinking about moving to Montana this year, but now I think I'll look else were. I thought people were supposed to be nice. Now I feel like if I move I'll be ridiculed because I'm Mexican and a Californian. I don't want to raise my son in that kind of environment. Wow. People are seriously mean.
Your really not gonna move because a post on some message board? REALLY? That's even more douchebagy! If you think everyone here is gonna hate you and treat your kids like shit just cause your from outa state, you got more to worry about. Do your research, there are good people and bad people everywhere. Theres just less bad people here, maybe its cause we do tease outa staters...see if they can hang...most of you can't hang, and BE REAL! so, stay in CA. see if i can :)
Halftime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Down in Oklahoma LMAO.
Kathryn

Bossier City, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Texans are very much into all things Texas, so I wonder if it's the same kind of thing. I've lived longer in CA than anywhere else [due to the military and being a military brat, that's all of about 5 1/2 years accumulatively] and I am interested in learning more about MT in view of living somewhere I can truly afford but still have mountains and some decent greenery.
I read these forums to get a sense of what kind of people live there and what I will encounter if I move there, since I am looking at a range of places beyond just the Missoula area, I don't have time to live in each place for several months. But places that sound good, and where the posts do not get overwhelmed quickly by racist/sexist/other hatred are definitely more attractive than other places where they do.
I do realize there will always be trolls, but I look at the overwhelming attitudes of forum posts by residents.
I'm not sure what town will show up for me, since I'm new to Topix, but I'm writing from Arkansas right now and have yet to see Montana with my own eyes.
jacjamm

Ashland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Bob wrote:
Ever since I was little, people here have been blaming everything from overcrowding to local laws on "Californians".
I'm pretty sure it's jealousy. People here are so stubborn and ignorant, they can't think for themselves and are following some retarded trend that their parents passed along to them.
"Dey took ur jobs!!"
etc..
Why don't you people get over your stupidity and accept the fact that YOU are the reason your pitiful laws get passed. Oh no! I can't text while driving my ugly pickup truck anymore! What if it's a business text!
My, My, My,---sounds like a seething bundle of frustration.If you think the folks in Montana are such idiots what the hell are you doing there.You gotta be the King of Self Flagelation.
Dude---get over yourself !!!
No. You are an idiot and I hope some black dude from California knocks up your daughter and you lose your job to a Mexican who can do it better than you without bitching.
Enjoy your day! I'm from California and you can bitch about me all you want. I'm buying up all your land because you are unskilled and make crap wages and will always be that way. You don't DESERVE jack squat by being born in Montana. Just ridicule if you are the stubborn typical "Montanian".
Ha Ha Ha!
My,My.My,If you think the folks in Montana are such idiots what are you doing there?You sound like a seething bundle of self loathing frustration.You gotta be the King of Self Flagelation.
Dude get over yourself !!!
After your hateful rant it's no wonder people dont like Cali's.
CHOSEN 1

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

MONTANA IS A JOKE ,NOW THERE IS A POT STORE ON EVERY CONER, I PHUCKED A FAT CHICK, I NEED A MED CARD, WHAT A BUNCH OF LOSERS
jacjamm

Ashland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

CHOSEN 1 wrote:
MONTANA IS A JOKE ,NOW THERE IS A POT STORE ON EVERY CONER, I PHUCKED A FAT CHICK, I NEED A MED CARD, WHAT A BUNCH OF LOSERS
Hey chosen one---hook up with Bob.
You guys sound angry hateful and super frustrated.
Dont like weed ??? dont smoke it ! Gee---that was complicated now wasnt it ?
no1special

Windom, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Interesting topic....so, what are Montanans thoughts on people from other states like say...Kansas moving to their state?
I am wanting to relocate closer to Idaho and Missoula is a nice location but being from Kansas and having children attending school and my wife and I working in Montana I would hate to feel unwelcome.

Is it just a California thing or other states as well?
13thwarrior

Missoula, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Just a California thing. Everyone else is welcomed with open arms but not invited ;)
Ned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Californians can't make it in California anymore because of the weed smoking and lack of achievement.
So the young ones head this way and think they are going to spend a lot less money on housing so they have more for their mental illness weed to spare. They are lazy and complain at work so they get fired a lot and they like to look at the same sex for a future partner.
no1special

Windom, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

13thwarrior wrote:
Just a California thing. Everyone else is welcomed with open arms but not invited ;)
I get the drift...sounds reasonable to me.
Matt

Missoula, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

Hey, I have to say I am from California, but I am not anything like the stereotypical Californian. I don't have long hair, I don't have any money, I don't want to buy land, I don't smoke anything, and I am very polite and nice to everyone. I want to become a Montanan, because the lifestyle here is much better than the "I am better than everyone else" attitude in California. Everything about Cali sucks and thats one of the reasons I moved here.(The gun laws here are MUCH better)
wow

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Kinda shocking how ignorant people can be...theres a lot of nice people in CA and theres a lot of annoying people. Guess what? It's the SAME in Montana and everywhere else you go to. I think this whole we hate californians thing is really imature and middle school like. Montana is a beautiful state with some really nice people. The hiking and scenery is amazing!! I like living here for college but I don't like the consistent rude remarks about me being from CA. I am a person. I don't represent the whole state. Please get to know people individually, don't stereotype. I have tried to be open and I wish more people would do the same. I came here to vent and now I'm done lol
wow

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Matt wrote:
Hey, I have to say I am from California, but I am not anything like the stereotypical Californian. I don't have long hair, I don't have any money, I don't want to buy land, I don't smoke anything, and I am very polite and nice to everyone. I want to become a Montanan, because the lifestyle here is much better than the "I am better than everyone else" attitude in California. Everything about Cali sucks and thats one of the reasons I moved here.(The gun laws here are MUCH better)
Really? Everything about Cali sucks? SO you know eeeeverything about an entire state? Way to be open minded. Gosh..if we could all have your wisdom
wow

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2012

Bob wrote:
"Dey took ur jobs!!"
etc..
Ha Ha Ha!
Wow-I'm from Cali and you just made Californian's look terrible...way to represent
Disappointed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Ive from the south east and have been here several times over the past year each time hoping it will change my mind as I have to come for family reasons,,,I have to say there's beautiful scenery and no sales tax ,,,but I've never felt welcomed. You have rudeness and no manners everywhere across the Country but here especially in the stores and restaurants they do not care if youre satisfied or treated well. I'd say 9 times out of 10 the people waiting on me are rude, coming from the South East we at least try to make you feel welcome whether we want you there or not,,LOL,,I was expecting the Dan Seals Song "Meet Me in Montana",,lifestyle but Ive yet to see it.
And even though Im not from here I hear daily how they hate CA people, but price their land in hopes that CA people will come and buy it!
Pam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

Why are most of the people in Montana Ugly?
406 Montana 406

Townsend, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Matt wrote:

Someone who knows what their talking about

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Missoula Discussions

Search the Missoula Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Avery's Artworx Apr 14 Disappointed 1
Feds, State Police Raid Office of Montana Docto... Apr 10 Sterkfontein Swartkrans 1
yard sell Apr 7 M asters 1
Sheds: Gardeners, Wood Choppers, Landscapers -... Mar 30 Adams 1
Debate: Marijuana - Missoula, MT (Aug '10) Mar '14 The Rover 16
Do you approve of Betsy Hands as State Represen... Feb '14 darrel armstrong 1
Temperatures Plunge to Record Lows Across Montana Feb '14 Sneaky Pete 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Missoula Jobs

•••
•••