Cops badly burn sleeping 12-year-old girl with stun grenade in SWAT raid

Oct 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Raw Story

Police using a stun grenade to subdue the occupants of a Billings, Montana house in a drug raid burned a 12-year-old girl with the device.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Tryder

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Shouldn't these "officers" be under arrest for assault?
They weren't raiding a suspected meth lab. Meth labs are flammable. Flash bangs are incendiary and would blow a meth lab up. So, these police knew it wasn't a meth lab and this is a story to cover collateral damage, or they knew it was a meth lab and are incompetent dangerous gun thugs who better be lucky they didn't blow that family and their own fool selves to kingdom come.
rby18

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

Ok so someone got injured in a raid accidents happen all the time. Why should swat be punished for just trying to uphold the peace?
Tryder

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

Because if an institution is to be trusted with the monopoly on the initiation of force, then they should be held to a higher standard by the people. One must look at results not intentions. It could be said this is another reason to stop the drug war. In the least maybe a refresher on procedure may be in order.
rby18

Billings, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

well if that's what you think then maybe we should execute all the solders that have taken civilians life's. How many hundreds of thousands have died in this pointless war with the middle east but none of them are being tried and executed because most are accidents, and accidents happen all the time and you should not be punished if you make one since there what people learn from. you learn from your mistakes and correct it so it doesn't happen again.
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Hopefully the family will sue and get millions! Pigs don't have immunity in civil court. These ultra violent para military raids need to stop. Too many innocent people have been murdered by dea and other law enforcement thugs! And, yes, if soldiers have committed war crimes against they should be punished under the Nuremberg laws!
Tryder

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

rby18 wrote:
well if that's what you think then maybe we should execute all the solders that have taken civilians life's. How many hundreds of thousands have died in this pointless war with the middle east but none of them are being tried and executed because most are accidents, and accidents happen all the time and you should not be punished if you make one since there what people learn from. you learn from your mistakes and correct it so it doesn't happen again.
if a mistake is learned from, your correct, it's no longer a mistake. I don't think the soldiers should be prosecuted, but we have no business being over there to begin with. I agree also these wars are pointless, err, for profit.
GeeTardMan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

rby18 wrote:
Sorry ma'am, I couldn't tell if that was a grenade or a baby bottle your 2yo was carrying. It was an 'accident' when I blew her head off. But you'll be glad to know, we supply free spoons and plastic baggies to pick the pieces up with.
Jay

Billings, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Tryder wrote:
Shouldn't these "officers" be under arrest for assault?
They weren't raiding a suspected meth lab. Meth labs are flammable. Flash bangs are incendiary and would blow a meth lab up. So, these police knew it wasn't a meth lab and this is a story to cover collateral damage, or they knew it was a meth lab and are incompetent dangerous gun thugs who better be lucky they didn't blow that family and their own fool selves to kingdom come.
I couldn't find anything about meth. All I could find was drug or narcotics house

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Missoula Discussions

Search the Missoula Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: The Jones Tax Relief Lawyes Jun 29 Anonymous 2
Missoula man dead after early morning shooting (Aug '07) Jun 24 Davo 62
Fred Schroeder Jun '14 Looking 1
US Magazine Services, Lolo, MT (Nov '09) Jun '14 ajm 6
Missoula Music Thread (Jan '14) Jun '14 Musikologist 2
Do u know her May '14 Help 1
Iraq veteran accuses VA of downgrading injuries May '14 The Mad Man 2
•••
•••