Tell Me About Mississippi
citizen witness

United States

#1 Nov 14, 2009
I am considering a move to your fine state and I would greatly like to know more about it, such as employment opportunities [lumber is my field],quality of life, economic and most important schools. Any input would be most appreciated. Thank You

Sanford, ME

#2 Dec 28, 2009
The lumber industry is down right now. However, if you have a particuliar asset to bring due to low lumber prices and housing slump, but if you bring sonmething the table, I'm sure you will find work. I recently moved here and find MS a great place to live.

Meridian, ID

#3 Dec 29, 2009
Don't know much about the lumber industry but if you don't have a job up front, then don't come. There isn't much work and there isn't much to do. I hear Texas is where all the jobs are going these days. That and Atlanta.

If the rural lifestyle is your thing though -- then it should be paradise to you
State to move to

Glasgow, KY

#4 Feb 16, 2010
Don't move to Mississippi they are losers!!!!! Move to Kentucky!! The wild cat state!! You will be welcome here and we will not throw water bottles at ya. LOL...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mississippi State Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our Opinion: Chaney makes a timely health care ... 2 hr Monopoly 2
News Man jailed for shooting wife 5 times Oct 20 Black culture 5
News NMHS, United Health to share research Oct 14 Just for the Inured 11
News Our Opinion: Msu's Access program helps normali... Oct 14 Noadvancementofco... 1
News Jimmy John's Sandwiches to open location in Tupelo Oct 7 Johnny Jims 5
News Starkville startup aimed at healthy eating blos... Oct 7 Justice 5
News Pigskins in the Park returns Oct. 22 Sep '16 Swimming In It 6

Mississippi State Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mississippi State Mortgages