Opposition to Kemper Plant Grows: Lawmakers File Bills To Repeal Mississippi Power Bond Law

Full story: PressReleasePoint
As the movement against the Kemper County coal plant continues to grow, Mississippi State Representative Jeff Guice and Senator Albert Butler have introduced bills to repeal last year's legislation authorizing Mississippi Power Company to issue bonds and force customers to pay for them. Full Story
jen pletcher

United States

#1 Jan 29, 2014
Good Morning!! Nice to hear that people are beginning to "WAKE UP" and realize the negative implications of this plant for the citizens of Mississippi.
Gulf

Pascagoula, MS

#2 Jan 29, 2014
They won't do anything till their power bill starts shooting up.

They should indict the crooks who f**ked this up & make southern company eat every nickel of the over-runs.
To Tell the Truth

Ocean Springs, MS

#3 Jan 30, 2014
Thank you Rep.Guice for taking some action on what maybe the biggest scam the hard working people of Mississippi have ever experienced. We all need to stand and be heard. While I normally disagree with the Sierra Club on most issues they champion they have been spot on with this boondoggle experiment. In my opinion we will see total costs to exceed 6 billion dollars and have many operational problems once this plant is made operational in 2020.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mississippi State Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man beaten at Mississippi restaurant told 'it w... Sep 23 neveratfault 17
Looking for John Carter Shivers Sep 10 Angie D 1
Review: Plexus Slim by Sue Hollis (Oct '11) Sep 1 Mse60 423
Plexus Slim and Accelerator has helped me lost ... (Oct '11) Aug 31 Brittany Ard 53
Witness: Beaten man told eatery 'not safe for w... Aug '14 mentul_autocrat 6
chief brinkley or bingham Aug '14 me 1
MGCCC, Mississippi State partner in 'historic m... Aug '14 gulf 1

Mississippi State Jobs

Mississippi State People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mississippi State News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mississippi State

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]