Tortilla Flats restaurant changes nam...

Tortilla Flats restaurant changes name after owners learn of ga...

There are 81 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Sep 8, 2009, titled Tortilla Flats restaurant changes name after owners learn of ga.... In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

One of the giants of American literature is no match for the reputation of a Torrance-area gang, it seems.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

LB mom

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Sep 9, 2009
IM from LONG BEACH!!.. NO NEED to drive to torrance for mEXICAN FOOD!.. if you are ever in my neighborhood .. try eduardos on long beach blvd!.....
Torrance Realist

Los Angeles, CA

#30 Sep 9, 2009
Bob wrote:
The gangs are not from Old Torrance. It is the Harbor Gateway area called the Tortilla Flats. It borders Torrance, but has a Torrance PO. It is the area that people say that LAPD is to scared to go into at night. <quoted text>
This is still Torrance. Common sense would tell you that when this gang harass, intimidate and commit crimes they don't think ...oh we are in Torrance now, let's cross the street and go back.

People in Torrance think this city is perfect.....well guess what, it is not. There are gangs in every city and Torrance is one of them.

And for all you snooty people who will respond.....have fun, because this just proves my point of you all thinking you are perfect and in the safest city of the South Bay. My response to you ahead of time is get your heads out of your ash
mee

Buena Park, CA

#32 Sep 9, 2009
Kungfuzhun wrote:
<quoted text>
Over priced bomb.
over priced??? i think it's pretty cheap! good food at a cheap price, that's why people go!
911AAA

Whittier, CA

#34 Sep 9, 2009
Glad to hear someone is thinking of opening another restaurant in Torrance, especially to the downtown area. I'm sure the planning commission will have no problem approving this. Can't wait to try the food.
Hah

Los Angeles, CA

#35 Sep 9, 2009
I first heard of Tortilla Flats back in the 1980's. My friend, who lived in East Torrance, came out to his cherry 70's vintage Dodge Challenger and found someone had spray painted TF on the hood. The little sneaky cowards came through in the night and marked his car, just like a dog.
Never Cease to be Amazed

Long Beach, CA

#40 Sep 9, 2009
Hah wrote:
I first heard of Tortilla Flats back in the 1980's. My friend, who lived in East Torrance, came out to his cherry 70's vintage Dodge Challenger and found someone had spray painted TF on the hood. The little sneaky cowards came through in the night and marked his car, just like a dog.
You mean those guys with TF printed on their shirts?

Are you kidding me? I'm from New York and, believe me, I know gangs. That's no gang ... that's a bowling team without balls.
whatever

Los Angeles, CA

#43 Sep 9, 2009
R U Serious wrote:
Is there a gang named Taco Bell?
No, but there is the Harbor City Del Tacos.
u dumb foo

Hacienda Heights, CA

#45 Sep 9, 2009
Bob wrote:
The gangs are not from Old Torrance. It is the Harbor Gateway area called the Tortilla Flats. It borders Torrance, but has a Torrance PO. It is the area that people say that LAPD is to scared to go into at night. <quoted text>
your an idiot....the LAPD is not scared to go into that area at night they patrol worse areas then that....so get yo s.h.i.t. straight!!
Localvore

West Hollywood, CA

#46 Sep 9, 2009
Yeah cause we really need ANOTHER flipplin Mexican restaurant in DT Torrance.
Bob

El Segundo, CA

#49 Sep 9, 2009
I wish it was Torrance. The LAPD is not doing a good job of partroling it. It is a big differece when you cross Western. On the west side of Western, which is Torrance, the TPD will show up in minutes when called. If your on the east side of Western, good luck if the LAPD shows up in an hour. You are fooling yourself if you don't think gangbangs don't know what city they are in when they commit crimes. I take it you are one of those who live on the east side of Western, which has a Torrance PO, that is the LA city limits and wishes you could cross over from your ghetto appartment.
Torrance Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
This is still Torrance. Common sense would tell you that when this gang harass, intimidate and commit crimes they don't think ...oh we are in Torrance now, let's cross the street and go back.
People in Torrance think this city is perfect.....well guess what, it is not. There are gangs in every city and Torrance is one of them.
And for all you snooty people who will respond.....have fun, because this just proves my point of you all thinking you are perfect and in the safest city of the South Bay. My response to you ahead of time is get your heads out of your ash
Keldog

United States

#52 Sep 9, 2009
it's funny. the gangs that claim torrance aren't even in torrance! east side torrance and 204th st. are actually in the city of los angeles.
t-flats is in unincorporated l.a. county and patrolled by the carson sheriffs. what a drag for torrance...
pv rich kid

San Pedro, CA

#55 Sep 9, 2009
tortilla flats hahah bunch of weak sauce wanna bes
MLD- Wilmington

Los Angeles, CA

#57 Sep 9, 2009
TrashMan wrote:
Apparently they haven't heard of the gang Tortilla Cantina 13
Lol... that was good!
MLD- Wilmington

Los Angeles, CA

#58 Sep 9, 2009
Beverly Hills wrote:
Good luck competing with LaCapilla down the street...that place is bomb
Seriously, that food sucks, the tables are dirty and the fresh out of the can or freezer food is extremely over-priced!
A taco truck on any corner sells better Mexican food!
Paco

Los Angeles, CA

#60 Sep 9, 2009
R U Serious wrote:
Is there a gang named Taco Bell?
No, that is not a gang. It is the Phone company!!!
Shari - Rancho PV

La Mirada, CA

#61 Sep 9, 2009
Isn't it a shame they even have to consider this sort of thing. I have lived here since 1956 and this whole area has gone to hell. What a very sad shame. If the police and government had gotten on top of this gang nonesense right away and put a stop to it, we wouldn't have the problems we have today! I have been here long enough to see the gang warfare evolve...every decent neighborhood I have ever lived in has slowly been destroyed by them. How very sad.
Bob

El Segundo, CA

#63 Sep 9, 2009
You just answered my question. You live on the east side of Western. By your language and anger you must fell pretty low about yourself. It is to bad that you are not able to comprehend where city boundries lie.
Torrance Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeat, since you don't comprehend very well - GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASH, because you are full of $h^t
SAM

Los Angeles, CA

#64 Sep 9, 2009
Bob wrote:
I wish it was Torrance. The LAPD is not doing a good job of partroling it. It is a big differece when you cross Western. On the west side of Western, which is Torrance, the TPD will show up in minutes when called. If your on the east side of Western, good luck if the LAPD shows up in an hour. You are fooling yourself if you don't think gangbangs don't know what city they are in when they commit crimes. I take it you are one of those who live on the east side of Western, which has a Torrance PO, that is the LA city limits and wishes you could cross over from your ghetto appartment.<quoted text>
L.A.P.D. isn't doing their job because it's the sheriff's who partol that are. Get your facts straight.
Sam Anella

Winnetka, CA

#65 Sep 9, 2009
There goes my idea for Crips Suzette Cafe.
THE DOG CATCHER

United States

#66 Sep 9, 2009
great wrote:
<quoted text>
overpriced bomb with weak salsa and chips. try alfredos in lomita
Try MAYA Restaurant in Wilmington family owned business since the 70's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Viejo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Huge Toad Cuddles Up In Boyland, Munches Up Tha... May 21 Smyring Man 1
White KIA Licence Pl Holder I Love My Car Roose... May 20 Dana Point Pedes... 1
Aliso Viejo Music Emporium (Oct '12) May 18 Musikologist 11
Why Do Locals Hate Foreigners? May 18 Keep It American 3
News Braving the family McDonald's May 15 GBP Ghostbuster 5
Strange Ugly Boy Wishes Himself into Cornfield May 14 Halum Leonard 1
Review: Mark's Collectible Beer Steins And Mugs May 13 Breweriana 1
More from around the web

Mission Viejo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE