Billy Ray Vaughan Jr. 1981-2008

Jan 29, 2008 | Posted by: A liberal dose | Full story: A liberal dose

“He wanted to make it big, he really did. He could have played guitar for any band around, but he wanted to do his own songs.”

His name was eerily similar to a Texas music icon. And many people wondered if Billy Ray Vaughan Jr. was related to the legendary Stevie Ray Vaughan.

'He could play like Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan,' his father, Billy Ray Vaughan Sr., said. 'Everybody asks if we're related and we're not, but it was a good icebreaker.'

Billy Ray Vaughan Jr., 26, died Thursday at his Godley home, apparently from natural causes.

'He was home by himself,' his father said. 'We're still waiting on an official ruling, but all signs pointed to a heart attack.' Read more

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 21, 2012
Vaughanagain

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Just wanted to say to the family if they should happen to read this, God bless you and your family in this sad and untimely passing of Billy. I don't know of your son and his life other than what I read here today, but I feel the need to express my sorrow at his passing. I am a great fan of Stevie Ray Vaughan, another wonderful spirit who's passing was untimely. In my experience, it can only mean that God needs him as bad as we did and I hope that his memory is a blessing that all will cherish in the days and years to come. God bless Billy Ray and Stevie Ray and John (RIP).
blues123

Shanghai, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

i am sorry to say but this website didnt help me at all.. i am tryin to find out about blues artists and their biographies and their living and life and all that.. not what time he died at and who he seemed related to.
GaryClarkJrFan

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I was looking for more information about Billy Ray Vaughn. Not enough information for me; but it was a start after several searches.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Mission Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mission People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••