Religious campaign seeks immigration ...

Religious campaign seeks immigration stories

There are 17 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Mar 4, 2009, titled Religious campaign seeks immigration stories. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

Religious and community leaders are asking for the testimonies of U.S. citizens and legal residents who have been separated from family members by deportation or detention.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

Tired

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Mar 5, 2009
I'd sure like to tell these people about I & my family, who are all legal citizens of the U.S., have been affected by illegal immigration!

Having my car totalled & then having my insurance premiums go up because the other driver, an illegal alien, had no license, insurance or registration! Being told that I couldn't shop in a particular store because it wasn't for my kind [American apparently]. Being told that I should learn Mexican when I couldn't understand the woman behind the counter at a restaurant.

If these people hadn't come to our country illegally in the first place, then the consequences of THEIR actions wouldn't be splitting families up in the second place!

It's time to STOP allowing people to get away with crap & to START making people face the natural consequences of their actions! IT'S NO ONE'S FAULT BUT THEIR OWN!!!! No one made them come here.

“Watch out now!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Burque NM

#2 Mar 5, 2009
How do you know they are all illegal? What if they are US citizens that speak Spanish or that were naturalized? I had an incident just like you where they had no insurance, no license and my premiums went up too and it was a pain in the rear to go through but it was a white couple that hit me. I’ve never been told that I could not shop in a certain place/store but than again I treat everyone with respect and don’t think that I am better than the next person because they look like a Mexican or speak another language.
Tired wrote:
I'd sure like to tell these people about I & my family, who are all legal citizens of the U.S., have been affected by illegal immigration!
Having my car totalled & then having my insurance premiums go up because the other driver, an illegal alien, had no license, insurance or registration! Being told that I couldn't shop in a particular store because it wasn't for my kind [American apparently]. Being told that I should learn Mexican when I couldn't understand the woman behind the counter at a restaurant.
If these people hadn't come to our country illegally in the first place, then the consequences of THEIR actions wouldn't be splitting families up in the second place!
It's time to STOP allowing people to get away with crap & to START making people face the natural consequences of their actions! IT'S NO ONE'S FAULT BUT THEIR OWN!!!! No one made them come here.
WorkingStiff

Carlsbad, CA

#3 Mar 5, 2009
Hey Tired. I also have a story. I had my car stolen by an illegal alien. APD did not do a damm thing to this idiot. I just cannot believe it.

Another story, one time we had to go to ER at about 9pm as my wife was having stomach and chest pains. There were about 25 folks in front of us. I speak good Spanish so I can hear what they are saying. Most were illegals and all of them are getting free healthcare. We finally were seen by a nurse who took vitals after about three hours and were told to wait to see the doc. We decided to just leave at 3am and go to the urgent care center when they opened.

Those are my illegal immigration stories.

Note: I am of Mexican - Spanish decent but I have not a bleeding heart for anyone that is here illegally.

Another note: My wife migrated here legally and we did things correctly and we jumped through all the legal hoops to get her hear from South America. She is a legal resident.
Send them back

Huntsville, AL

#4 Mar 5, 2009
Got hierd at a company in California , becouse their entire crew got deported at $14 a hour (going rate). Lost my job to the same illegal after he made it back across the border . he was willing to do the job for $5 a hour . You cant compeat with that and pay insurance , rent, food and bills .How do they do it ? On our dime , send them home .
Tired of PC

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#5 Mar 5, 2009
JGR75 wrote:
How do you know they are all illegal?
<quoted text>
Because I worked on the Border Fence project 4 years ago & had to go through the colonias in New Mexico & west Texas.

“The Travelling Grandpa!”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6 Mar 5, 2009
Yet we as a nation continue to ignore illegals (thus encouraging them) & we subsidize a nation who will not take care of its own poor.
Smarter

Las Vegas, NM

#7 Mar 5, 2009
Send them back wrote:
Got hierd at a company in California , becouse their entire crew got deported at $14 a hour (going rate). Lost my job to the same illegal after he made it back across the border . he was willing to do the job for $5 a hour . You cant compeat with that and pay insurance , rent, food and bills .How do they do it ? On our dime , send them home .
On your dime or on their backs? Just wondering how you can say it's your dime when he's doing a BETTER job than you at less than HALF the wage ...
Smarter

Las Vegas, NM

#8 Mar 5, 2009
Tired wrote:
Do you realize that a majority of the economy of Mexico is controlled by U.S. interests? Did you also know that the low-paying labor problem has been created by U.S. businesses moving their factories across the border to secure cheaper labor? Did you know the social and political policies of Mexico are driven by U.S. policies? No one made them come here? I beg to differ ...
FBHO

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Mar 5, 2009
WorkingStiff

Carlsbad, CA

#10 Mar 5, 2009
Smarter wrote:
<quoted text>
On your dime or on their backs? Just wondering how you can say it's your dime when he's doing a BETTER job than you at less than HALF the wage ...
Perhaps maybe because they get free healthcare (ie, dont have to pay insurance premioums), foodstamps, and maybe they are not paying taxes with a fake SS#. Just perhaps....
EatingDaisys

Huntsville, AL

#11 Mar 5, 2009
Smarter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that a majority of the economy of Mexico is controlled by U.S. interests? Did you also know that the low-paying labor problem has been created by U.S. businesses moving their factories across the border to secure cheaper labor? Did you know the social and political policies of Mexico are driven by U.S. policies? No one made them come here? I beg to differ ...
Do you have anything to support your therory ?
To me it seems kind of over the top .
Smarter

Las Vegas, NM

#12 Mar 6, 2009
EatingDaisys wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have anything to support your therory ?
To me it seems kind of over the top .
Have you ever heard of the maquiladora industry? Why don't you do some research to see who owns the rights to a majority of the oil reserves in Mexico. What about the drug issue, do you think it is in no way caused by the U.S.? As far as politics goes, do you think the U.S. has no influence over it, supposing bribery and corruption are rampant (who has the most money to bribe)? Do you think Mexico's pollution problems are of their own doing or do you think the U.S. had a hand in it?(The world's largest hole in th ozone sits directly above El Paso/Juárez. Coincidence that it's the closest to the U.S. of any Mexican city?) These are just questions, find the answers for yourself!
EatingDaisys

Huntsville, AL

#13 Mar 6, 2009
Smarter wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of the maquiladora industry? Why don't you do some research to see who owns the rights to a majority of the oil reserves in Mexico. What about the drug issue, do you think it is in no way caused by the U.S.? As far as politics goes, do you think the U.S. has no influence over it, supposing bribery and corruption are rampant (who has the most money to bribe)? Do you think Mexico's pollution problems are of their own doing or do you think the U.S. had a hand in it?(The world's largest hole in th ozone sits directly above El Paso/Juárez. Coincidence that it's the closest to the U.S. of any Mexican city?) These are just questions, find the answers for yourself!
So you cant provide a single article or statistic . That would imply your just ranting with out substance.

I go to both Juarez and Mexicali often , the only problem I see is related to supply and demand . If they are not getting paid enough or being protected from damages then it is their responsibility , to organize and demand better pay and treatment . When Americans were in the same boat we formed labor unions .

The problem I see Is Mexicans have little pride in their own country . I know that sounds harsh , but if they had any pride the would do what ever was necessary to fix the problems , much like we Americans did during our revolutions and virus growing pains . They don't, instead they chose to break U.S. law and immigrate illegally . I think that is kind of cowardly myself and feel those people should not get any aid from the U.S. or Mexico and should be deported to what ever country would want them . It goes against everything law abiding citizens stand for to reword those people for breaking our laws ( how good of a American would the ever be if the start out by breaking the law) by providing them with access to education and health care that not even all US citizens have or can afford .

Yes Mexico has problems , and i do agree the U.S aggravates them , but the bottom line is it is up to Mexico and their citizens to stand up and take responsibility for the mess that they have allowed by their lack of action .
EatingDaisys

Huntsville, AL

#14 Mar 6, 2009
good or bad , Chavez managed to get his country out from under the US's thumb . Mexico could do the same if they chose too . it just takes curage
Smarter

Las Vegas, NM

#15 Mar 6, 2009
I agree with you on some points, although some people would argue as to HOW they intend to improve their situation. The drug smuggling business shows that Mexicans do have courage and are willing to do SOMETHING to change their situation. You may not agree with the endeavors, but that's the heart of the problem. Legal means of change have proven to be virtually pointless and futile in the past. I do agree that Mexicans need to fix their country themselves, but pointing fingers and calling them cowards is a gross misstatement of reality. Those who choose to try getting to the U.S. at the possible risk of losing their very lives are far more courageous than you or I, bet on it! Never underestimate hunger ...
EatingDaisys

Huntsville, AL

#16 Mar 6, 2009
Smarter wrote:
I agree with you on some points, although some people would argue as to HOW they intend to improve their situation. The drug smuggling business shows that Mexicans do have courage and are willing to do SOMETHING to change their situation. You may not agree with the endeavors, but that's the heart of the problem. Legal means of change have proven to be virtually pointless and futile in the past. I do agree that Mexicans need to fix their country themselves, but pointing fingers and calling them cowards is a gross misstatement of reality. Those who choose to try getting to the U.S. at the possible risk of losing their very lives are far more courageous than you or I, bet on it! Never underestimate hunger ...
Im sorry those that choose to break the law should get no sympathy , there is a proccess in place , it is not the best , but it is the law . I dont want to see anyone go hungry and I support any sort of humanitaren aid . No one wants to see a Mexican cival war , but it it must come to that for change to occer in the country , then so be it . A strong country you can be proud of takes blood sweat and tears . I support any effert they make to better their country for them selves , but I will opose them simply fleeing for "greener pastures"

“The Travelling Grandpa!”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#17 Mar 6, 2009
EatingDaisys wrote:
<quoted text>Im sorry those that choose to break the law should get no sympathy , there is a proccess in place , it is not the best , but it is the law . I dont want to see anyone go hungry and I support any sort of humanitaren aid . No one wants to see a Mexican cival war , but it it must come to that for change to occer in the country , then so be it . A strong country you can be proud of takes blood sweat and tears . I support any effert they make to better their country for them selves , but I will opose them simply fleeing for "greener pastures"
Very well said, I agree with you 100%.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr FGT 983
grass connect 8 hr heyday 1
mothers day!!!! 17 hr rebecca 1
News U.S. patients choosing Mexican hospitals for pr... (Aug '07) Mon Eagle 0204 46
News Rape Trees, Dead Migrants and the Consequences ... Apr 25 tomin cali 1
Jerry wight (Nov '12) Apr 21 Justus 2
Paulino Bernal & Sons (Jun '10) Apr 11 EX MEMBER 28
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mission Mortgages