Montrose church prepares for same-sex...

Montrose church prepares for same-sex ceremonies

There are 132 comments on the Houston Chronicle story from Apr 26, 2012, titled Montrose church prepares for same-sex ceremonies. In it, Houston Chronicle reports that:

Following the Episcopal Church's likely approval of a liturgy blessing same-sex relationships at its summer convention, a Montrose congregation will be among the first to offer gay and lesbian couples this rite, the Rt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Houston Chronicle.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#122 May 3, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one verse in her Bible and she doesn't even know that Jesus was quoting from the OT when he said it. She has cut all the parts concerning repentance and sin out so she can feel good about her sinful lifestyle.
You're wearing blended fabric again, aren't you.

You probably don't check to see if the produce you eat has been planted in rotated fields.

Hypocrite.

LOL..........

The Mountain Empire

#123 May 3, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Partially true. My thoughts about God have evolved through real life bible discussion, classes, thoughts from other believers, and a firm conviction that the Commandments of Jesusn are the rules for life.
My realtionship with God doesn't depend on the bible at all, but on communication between us.
I'm sure you believe there is a right and a wrong way that applies to everyone. But I know you are wrong, and I know that my way works best for me.
So throw out your nasty comments, they are meaningless.
Amen, my dear sister.

Let them keep their god of ink and paper, we'll continue to have a relationship with the Living God!

Bless you~~

The Mountain Empire

#124 May 3, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure your way works for YOU, but your way isn't God's way as outlined in the Bible that you have also rejected.
Psssssssssssssst, what day did God create man?

After you answer that you can explain: who was at the tomb:

MAT 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

MAR 16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.

LUK 24:4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:

JOH 20:12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#125 May 3, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, my dear sister.
Let them keep their god of ink and paper, we'll continue to have a relationship with the Living God!
Bless you~~
I'll second that notion.
Think Again

Coats, NC

#126 May 3, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
. Jesus made it very very simple, for a reason.
Humans have been trying to complicate it ever since.
Yes He did make it very simple. Marriage is one man and one woman forever. Why are people trying to complicate what God defined and Jesus affirmed.

I am glad we agree.

Matthew 19:4-6

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied,“that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said,‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
Think Again

Coats, NC

#127 May 3, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>You're wearing blended fabric again, aren't you.
You probably don't check to see if the produce you eat has been planted in rotated fields.
Hypocrite.
LOL..........
Now you know Christians are still obliged to follow the moral law. It even says so in your BCP.
Think Again

Coats, NC

#128 May 3, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, my dear sister.
Bless you~~
You mean a god of your own design.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#129 May 3, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Psssssssssssssst ...
Do you have a leak, or are you venting hot air?

The Mountain Empire

#130 May 4, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>You're wearing blended fabric again, aren't you.
Hypocrite.
LOL..........
Answer the question..........

The Mountain Empire

#131 May 4, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean a god of your own design.
No silly, I'm made in the image of God.

You're the image of ink and paper.

You're a dead man walking and you don't even know it.....

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#132 May 5, 2012
Listen to the Word wrote:
Typical TEC logic. They are waiting for the church body (not the Bible) to approve marriage in a convention. The bishop (Doyle) picks what church will be the first to perform gay marriages (if it is biblical, why not all at the same time?). The local rector individually decides if it will be done in his or her church. Yet the local priest's defense to her church is that it is "the action of God."
It is by record and in fact a manmade decision -- the convention, the bishop, the individual priest are making the decion. But to make it sound right they call it "the action of God." I suppose on Judgment Day, they will say, "It wasn't us, Lord. It was your action."
The same hocus-pocus comes in the pat-on-the-back that gay marriage is part "of the church's work at offering outward and visible signs of God's grace among us." At one time, even in TEC, the outward and visible signs of God's grace among us were the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion. Where is there one clear and direct scriptural warrant that gay marriage is an "outward and visible sign of God's grace among us"?
The biggest sign of the working of God and his Word in TEC is the mass exodus of Bible-believing members over the past several decades. It shows the lay people have more scriptual savvy than does the hierarchy AND the lay people want to hear it and follow it.
Oh, what a blatherous blast of bloviated Baloney!

Here:

It is generally recognized that Jesus made ordained priests out of his many disciples. That is the basis for the ordination of priests, as far as apostolic succession goes. But, remember, and Saul is the first example, Jesus can and does collect his Ministers, His pastors, by other means including bringing them into His work through a Blessing and Initiation right through the Spirit - no succession necessary.

After Saul's experience on the Road to Damascus (a place where others were brought into spiritual awakening as recorded in the Book of the Acts of the Apostles), he was brought by other disciples, who had also received instruction through the Spirit, to be formally baptised and further instructed and to spend time adjusting to the changes. Not the least of which was, by his own account, to receive the restoration of his sight after being blinded by the Light.

It is also recorded that - in some ways, if not most and possibly all - there will come a time when every disciple is to be regarded as a priest. This includes both men and women.

In the case of the 70 or so disciples who were sent on their individual missions, two by two, by Jesus, what instructions did he give them?

You can read these instructions. Also, I am sure there was much said and instruction given by Jesus to his disciples in preparation for their work that was not written down.

This is the point.

They did not have the bible to instruct them, did they? No, they did not. Everything that they did was a matter of their personal judgment, wasn't it? Yes, it was.

Were they guided by the Spirit? Apparently they were and at least some of them were and furthermore, we still are.

You write, "It is by record and in fact a manmade decision -- the convention, the bishop, the individual priest are making the decion [sp]"

Well, YES, of course! We did then. We do now. We always have. The Lord said, "Whatever you bind in Heaven ..."

Do you think that, as a disciple of Christ, either you or I are nothing more than robots?

Rev. Ken

The Mountain Empire

#133 May 6, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, what a blatherous blast of bloviated Baloney!
Here:
It is generally recognized that Jesus made ordained priests out of his many disciples. That is the basis for the ordination of priests, as far as apostolic succession goes. But, remember, and Saul is the first example, Jesus can and does collect his Ministers, His pastors, by other means including bringing them into His work through a Blessing and Initiation right through the Spirit - no succession necessary.
After Saul's experience on the Road to Damascus (a place where others were brought into spiritual awakening as recorded in the Book of the Acts of the Apostles), he was brought by other disciples, who had also received instruction through the Spirit, to be formally baptised and further instructed and to spend time adjusting to the changes. Not the least of which was, by his own account, to receive the restoration of his sight after being blinded by the Light.
It is also recorded that - in some ways, if not most and possibly all - there will come a time when every disciple is to be regarded as a priest. This includes both men and women.
In the case of the 70 or so disciples who were sent on their individual missions, two by two, by Jesus, what instructions did he give them?
You can read these instructions. Also, I am sure there was much said and instruction given by Jesus to his disciples in preparation for their work that was not written down.
This is the point.
They did not have the bible to instruct them, did they? No, they did not. Everything that they did was a matter of their personal judgment, wasn't it? Yes, it was.
Were they guided by the Spirit? Apparently they were and at least some of them were and furthermore, we still are.
You write, "It is by record and in fact a manmade decision -- the convention, the bishop, the individual priest are making the decion [sp]"
Well, YES, of course! We did then. We do now. We always have. The Lord said, "Whatever you bind in Heaven ..."
Do you think that, as a disciple of Christ, either you or I are nothing more than robots?
Rev. Ken
Fundamentalists are funny. They are full of hate and profess they speak for God.

Fred Phelps anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The so called "dreamers" (Sep '16) May 19 cristal 4
music (Dec '13) May 19 musico 3
News U.S. patients choosing Mexican hospitals for pr... (Aug '07) May 16 Myra 47
Modeling Companies May 16 Catalina 1
the red door club (Mar '13) May 7 Interested 46
News South Texas border patrol agents rescue 18 immi... May 4 tomin cali 1
News Border Patrol Could Use Volunteer Force To Help... May 1 New sheriff 4

Mission Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mission Mortgages