Montrose church prepares for same-sex ceremonies

Apr 26, 2012 Full story: Houston Chronicle 132

Following the Episcopal Church's likely approval of a liturgy blessing same-sex relationships at its summer convention, a Montrose congregation will be among the first to offer gay and lesbian couples this rite, the Rt.

Full Story
Think Again

Farmville, NC

#21 Apr 28, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
My birth as a homosexual was not then and is not now a sin. God created me just the way I am, as His beloved child.
You were born into sin as we all were but you Choose to remain in unrepentant sin.

There is no evidence other than anecdotal, that says that homosexuals are born that way.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#22 Apr 28, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
You were born into sin as we all were but you Choose to remain in unrepentant sin.
There is no evidence other than anecdotal, that says that homosexuals are born that way.
Because you choose to remain in ignorance, your opinion has no bearing on my knowledge nor my faith in God.

It is sad when people cower in the shadows as you do.

God is LIGHT and HOPE and LOVE!!! Come and feel the warmth of it!!!
Think Again

Farmville, NC

#23 Apr 28, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you choose to remain in ignorance, your opinion has no bearing on my knowledge nor my faith in God.
Because you choose to remain in unrepentant sin you have created your god in your own image which in your mind gives you affirmation and approval.

I am not cowering in the shadows, I am right here telling you the truth. If you were to be completely honest with yourself, you know that love is not a licence to continue in sin.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#24 Apr 28, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you choose to remain in unrepentant sin you have created your god in your own image which in your mind gives you affirmation and approval.
I am not cowering in the shadows, I am right here telling you the truth. If you were to be completely honest with yourself, you know that love is not a licence to continue in sin.
Your distorted view of god, does not effect those of us who know the true God.

It does make me sad for you, however.

I know the joy of His love and care, and I work to spread that joy.

I can feel the protection of His Holy Spirit, and it gives me courage to stand up for Him.

He directs my life and I walk His path.

What more could I want from life???

You could have this too.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#25 Apr 28, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a city on a hill, my sister.

Shine on.....

The Mountain Empire

#26 Apr 28, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

You think love is evil.

Keep talking about sin, it's where your heart lies.

You're nuts, my friend.

Being gay is not a sin, hating what God created is.....

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#27 Apr 28, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing there to see. God is beyond a book, beyond your understanding ...
God's book is beyond YOUR understanding and control, which is why you refuse to see it, even when it's in black and white and within plain sight.
Think Again

Farmville, NC

#28 Apr 28, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>

Being gay is not a sin, hating what God created is.....
According to your rationale: God created murderers, adulterers, thieves, etc.

People have a choice to make on whether or not they will remain in unrepentant sin or not. Gay Mom has made her choice.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#29 Apr 28, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
God's book is beyond YOUR understanding and control, which is why you refuse to see it, even when it's in black and white and within plain sight.
Do you take every single word in the bible literally and follow it to the letter? Really? Every last bit of it?

Location hidden

#30 Apr 28, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your rationale: God created murderers, adulterers, thieves, etc.
People have a choice to make on whether or not they will remain in unrepentant sin or not. Gay Mom has made her choice.
People aren't born murderers, adulterers, and thieves. They become those things through choice. People don't get to choose whether or not they're gay. I am suppose to repent and live a lie instead? Put me in a heterosexual relationship and I assure you it would be loveless and sexless, I would make my partner miserable because I would be miserable. That's no way to live. Especially when just being yourself causes no harm to anybody. There are things we reject from the bible because they don't make any goddamn sense for us anymore, like the whole shellfish thing or slavery or how we treat women. Times change and values change.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#31 Apr 28, 2012
MerryMarauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you take every single word in the bible literally ...
... only the literal one's.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#32 Apr 28, 2012
MerryMarauder wrote:
<quoted text>
People aren't born murderers, adulterers, and thieves. They become those things through choice. People don't get to choose whether or not they're gay. I am suppose to repent and live a lie instead? Put me in a heterosexual relationship and I assure you it would be loveless and sexless, I would make my partner miserable because I would be miserable. That's no way to live. Especially when just being yourself causes no harm to anybody. There are things we reject from the bible because they don't make any goddamn sense for us anymore, like the whole shellfish thing or slavery or how we treat women. Times change and values change.
He especially likes the ones about stoning people, and is unhappy because it's against the law here.

Location hidden

#33 Apr 28, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... only the literal one's.
And who determines which are to be taken more literally than others, you?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#34 Apr 29, 2012
MerryMarauder wrote:
<quoted text>
People aren't born murderers, adulterers, and thieves. They become those things through choice. People don't get to choose whether or not they're gay. I am suppose to repent and live a lie ...
But you and GM already are.
MerryMarauder wrote:
<quoted text>
And who determines which are to be taken more literally than others ...
... "more literally," as opposed to "less literally"?

Location hidden

#35 Apr 29, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
But you and GM already are.
<quoted text>
... "more literally," as opposed to "less literally"?
And what lie would it be that we're living?

And yes you fundie, not everybody takes every single word of the bible so literally.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#36 Apr 29, 2012
MerryMarauder wrote:
... not everybody takes every single word of the bible so literally.
... "so" literally, as opposed to not so literally?

The Mountain Empire

#37 Apr 29, 2012
MerryMarauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post, thank you for taking the time.....

The Mountain Empire

#38 Apr 29, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... "so" literally, as opposed to not so literally?
Do you eat pork Joe?

So you wear blended fabric?

Hypocrit(e).........

The Mountain Empire

#39 Apr 29, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
He especially likes the ones about stoning people, and is unhappy because it's against the law here.
He also never responds to a question....

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#40 Apr 29, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
He also never responds to a question....
Never.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 5 hr weary taxpayer 773
who is the biggest slut in McAllen? (Apr '11) 15 hr Apex1992 35
Can ex con's get a job as a high school coach ? Jan 25 joe 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jan 19 Farts 612
Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Jan 18 Republican 49
Armando Guevara de Donna TX Jan 10 Amigo 1
the red door club (Mar '13) Jan 9 angel 10
Mission Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mission People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:52 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:52PM