Montrose church prepares for same-sex ceremonies

Apr 26, 2012 Full story: Houston Chronicle 132

Following the Episcopal Church's likely approval of a liturgy blessing same-sex relationships at its summer convention, a Montrose congregation will be among the first to offer gay and lesbian couples this rite, the Rt.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Listen to the Word

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#1 Apr 26, 2012
Typical TEC logic. They are waiting for the church body (not the Bible) to approve marriage in a convention. The bishop (Doyle) picks what church will be the first to perform gay marriages (if it is biblical, why not all at the same time?). The local rector individually decides if it will be done in his or her church. Yet the local priest's defense to her church is that it is "the action of God."

It is by record and in fact a manmade decision -- the convention, the bishop, the individual priest are making the decion. But to make it sound right they call it "the action of God." I suppose on Judgment Day, they will say, "It wasn't us, Lord. It was your action."

The same hocus-pocus comes in the pat-on-the-back that gay marriage is part "of the church's work at offering outward and visible signs of God's grace among us." At one time, even in TEC, the outward and visible signs of God's grace among us were the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion. Where is there one clear and direct scriptural warrant that gay marriage is an "outward and visible sign of God's grace among us"?

The biggest sign of the working of God and his Word in TEC is the mass exodus of Bible-believing members over the past several decades. It shows the lay people have more scriptual savvy than does the hierarchy AND the lay people want to hear it and follow it.
Joe

Lacon, IL

#2 Apr 26, 2012
The Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior. No church is truly Christian that blesses what God condemns.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#3 Apr 26, 2012
Listen to the Word wrote:
Typical TEC logic. They are waiting for the church body (not the Bible) to approve marriage in a convention. The bishop (Doyle) picks what church will be the first to perform gay marriages (if it is biblical, why not all at the same time?). The local rector individually decides if it will be done in his or her church. Yet the local priest's defense to her church is that it is "the action of God."
It is by record and in fact a manmade decision -- the convention, the bishop, the individual priest are making the decion. But to make it sound right they call it "the action of God." I suppose on Judgment Day, they will say, "It wasn't us, Lord. It was your action."
The same hocus-pocus comes in the pat-on-the-back that gay marriage is part "of the church's work at offering outward and visible signs of God's grace among us." At one time, even in TEC, the outward and visible signs of God's grace among us were the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion. Where is there one clear and direct scriptural warrant that gay marriage is an "outward and visible sign of God's grace among us"?
The biggest sign of the working of God and his Word in TEC is the mass exodus of Bible-believing members over the past several decades. It shows the lay people have more scriptual savvy than does the hierarchy AND the lay people want to hear it and follow it.
Well, why don't you just stick to your bible and we will stick to worshipping God and following Him.
Think Again

Farmville, NC

#4 Apr 27, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, why don't you just stick to your bible and we will stick to worshipping God and following Him.
Using God's grace and love as a licence to sin is not worshiping and following Him.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#5 Apr 27, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, why don't you just stick to your bible and we will stick to worshipping God ...
... by contradicting His own words?

BTW, GLBT narcissism only worships itself.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#6 Apr 27, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Using God's grace and love as a licence to sin is not worshiping and following Him.
Hating people in the name of God is not even close to following Him.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#7 Apr 27, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... by contradicting His own words?
BTW, GLBT narcissism only worships itself.
You continue to worship your book. Let those who know God worship Him.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#8 Apr 27, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? That's what YOU do!!!!

At least that's what you SAY you do!

Remember? You "hate" your sin? Right? I believe that is what you wrote, fairly recently, in fact.

You said you aren't perfect. That you sin. So where is your license or don't you have one?

How is coming onto this site and regularly and repeatedly lying about people you don't know and accusing them of infractions that you cannot verify and holding them accountable to your own imperfections...

...not using your own self-proclaimed license to sin?

LOL!!!.... What a maroon!

Rev. Ken

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#9 Apr 27, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to worship your book. Let those who know God worship Him.
Amen!

Thank you for reminding those who think God is an inanimate object that OUR GOD is alive, loving forgiving and always providing us with the opportunities to grow in his image.

Hate is not a family value, nor is it God's....

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#10 Apr 27, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to worship your book. Let those who know God worship Him ...
... by contradicting His book?

Those who really know God act accordingly.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#11 Apr 27, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... by contradicting His book?
Those who really know God act accordingly.
He's not in there, Joey. No matter how hard you look. He can't be pressed between the covers.
Think Again

Farmville, NC

#12 Apr 27, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? That's what YOU do!!!!
At least that's what you SAY you do!
Remember? You "hate" your sin? Right? I believe that is what you wrote, fairly recently, in fact.
You said you aren't perfect. That you sin. So where is your license or don't you have one?
How is coming onto this site and regularly and repeatedly lying about people you don't know and accusing them of infractions that you cannot verify and holding them accountable to your own imperfections...
...not using your own self-proclaimed license to sin?
LOL!!!.... What a maroon!
Rev. Ken
So you don't sin Ken? Oh perfect Ken! Deceived Ken? Why do you make Him a liar?

1 John 1: 8-10

8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Notice the part about confessing sins. Unrepentant sin is the culprit and anyone in a homosexual relationship is in unrepentant sin.

But since nothing is sinful in TEC, have at it.
Think Again

Farmville, NC

#13 Apr 27, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
Thank you for reminding those who think God is an inanimate object that OUR GOD is alive, loving forgiving and always providing us with the opportunities to grow in his image.
Hate is not a family value, nor is it God's....
forgiving!

If one asks for forgiveness. How is affirming and celebrating someone living in unrepentant sin loving?
Think Again

Farmville, NC

#14 Apr 27, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Hating people in the name of God is not even close to following Him.
If I hated you, I would do just what the others here do and affirm and celebrate your unrepentant sin. I would let you go on your merry way.

They do not tell you the truth but I do.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#15 Apr 27, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't sin Ken? Oh perfect Ken! Deceived Ken? Why do you make Him a liar?
1 John 1: 8-10
8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.
Notice the part about confessing sins. Unrepentant sin is the culprit and anyone in a homosexual relationship is in unrepentant sin.
But since nothing is sinful in TEC, have at it.
Hooooold on, just a minute there, Quicksdraw!

Here is what YOU wrote, in post #4 above:

"Using God's grace and love as a licence to sin is not worshiping and following Him."

So you now reply to your own unrighteous accusations by doing what?

By accusing another of claiming perfection - a perfection that you yourself cannot understand, by your own admission of sin???

LMFAO!!!!.....("F" for Friar)

What a backasswards Gas!

Your first four questions or statements above are outright LIES by their simple suggestion and leading!

#1. "So you don't sin Ken?" I never said that. You said that.

#2. "Oh perfect Ken!" I never said that or even implied it in any way. You said that.

#3. "Deceived Ken?" Now what's the matter? Did you decide that I am perfect, after all? What a HOOT!

#4. "Why do you make Him a liar?" After your repeated lies and implication of others lying and accusation of sin, whether repentant or unrepentant (and this you do not know of anyone else but yourself), you now attempt to call another man a Liar and you accuse this Liar of making "Him" a Liar?

LOL!!!.... Brother you've gone daft. First, you shat all over yourself. Then, you have attempted to engage another in a wrestling match in order to get the opportunity to smear the results of having shat upon yourself onto the other guy!

No, Thanks. No deal. Don't care for your brand of bigoted, hypocritical, fundamentalist, holier-than-thou-ness. You've got your own problems, not the least of which is a very poor view of your fellow human beings.

Like the Man said, "Remove the log from your own eye, first."

Save your venomous mastications and fecal smears for your own sheets. Maybe if you lie down in it a few more times, you'll get to where you don't appreciate your putred, pusillanimous, puttering residue so much.

The advice is there in your own selection of scripture. Be the first to understand yourself.

Rev. Ken

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#16 Apr 27, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
If I hated you, I would do just what the others here do and affirm and celebrate your unrepentant sin. I would let you go on your merry way.
They do not tell you the truth but I do.
No, you tell me what you can dig out of your book to support your prejudice...

Just like others used the bible to justify slavery and keeping women from rights.

Nothing new.

We know what you do.

May God forgive you.
Think Again

Farmville, NC

#17 Apr 28, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you tell me what you can dig out of your book to support your prejudice...
Just like others used the bible to justify slavery and keeping women from rights.
Nothing new.
We know what you do.
May God forgive you.
What you try to equate as a social justice issue is actually a sin issue. You make a conscience choice to live in unrepentant sin.

May God forgive you

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#18 Apr 28, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not in there ...
... because you're incapable of seeing Him there.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#19 Apr 28, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... because you're incapable of seeing Him there.
There is nothing there to see. God is beyond a book, beyond your understanding. You can't control Him, try as you do.

All you can do is try to spread the Unconditional Love He gives to us to others in this love starved world.

You do just the opposite.

You work against Him.

So sad.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#20 Apr 28, 2012
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
What you try to equate as a social justice issue is actually a sin issue. You make a conscience choice to live in unrepentant sin.
May God forgive you
My birth as a homosexual was not then and is not now a sin. God created me just the way I am, as His beloved child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Review: 911 Fitness Personal Training Studio Dec 15 Malpaso 1
South Texas judge's DWI charge dismissed Dec 11 Barret50 1
dating a pakistani girl (Dec '13) Dec 7 sajid 2
who is the biggest slut in McAllen? (Apr '11) Dec 6 bees 33
Share your wife (Dec '13) Dec 1 Big Daddy 38
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Mission Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mission People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mission News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mission

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:57 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:57PM