CBP official charged with wife's murder

CBP official charged with wife's murder

There are 27 comments on the The Brownsville Herald story from Jan 14, 2009, titled CBP official charged with wife's murder. In it, The Brownsville Herald reports that:

Only Joseph Mongiello knows what drove him to fire at least four bullets into his wife's chest late Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brownsville Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
murphyms

San Clemente, CA

#21 Jan 17, 2009
The real truth, there was no way to talk with Joe, we was too busy talking with his friend, Jim Beam.
Joe was a violent verbal abuser! Have fun in Huntsville.

A word of advise for Joe, do not bend over to grab the soap!!!!
Reality Check wrote:
Here is some truth for all of you. No one can say that they ever had a conversation with lindsay where she was not drunk. She was not a good mother, her kids hated her.
Along with that, she was out at bars till 6am in the morning (maybe someone should check the local pubs for this info). Her biological daughters were with Joe while she was out till early morning on most nights.
She also beat her husband. What man in Joe's position or any man for that matter would admit to his wife being physically abusive and a drunk. What damage would that have done to the girls.
It seems that Joe was the good guy in not embarassing his step children.
So why doesnt everyone wait for all the info until they come to conclusions.
People sometimes just snap and looking at Joe this is not a look I have ever seen on his face.
He is a destinguished member of the government who for 30 years has been protecting our country.
Would we throw away someone who served in the military that did something tragic?,,,No!
Lets just see what the whole story is. Both families are devistated and this type of behavior is sickening.
I will conclude this with one thought. What if this was your family and how would you feel?
Perhaps all you negative comenters should be writing the media and police to start investigating as the truth has not been revealed.
murphyms

San Clemente, CA

#22 Jan 17, 2009
A life was lost! Many lifes are in a shambles. No one but Joe can ever explain the reason for what he confessed to doing.

Joe will have his day in court. The children and family need to put this behind us and begin to heal.

It is sad to see comments that Lindsay was a bad person who did not love her children. Our thoughts as family and friends should be on the good things in her life.

Lindsay was a geninue good hearted person who would do anything for anybody anytime. She loved her family and she loved life.

Remember the positive about a person whose life was cut short under violent circumstances.

Lindsay leaves two loving daughters, two sisters, a brother and partents. We will all miss her dearly!
Love M
Family of daughters

Paramount, CA

#23 Jan 19, 2009
oldfriend wrote:
Why was this daughter in the shower?? washing off evidence?? I'm not buying it yet, IF he did it, he snapped.
Not only is your comment ignorant and inflammatory it is incredibly hurtful. The facts will show that the "daughter" had spoken to her mom just prior to arriving home from work and assumed they were in bed already. She entered from a separate entrance on the opposite end of the home and proceeded with her normal schedule of showering before bed.

These types of ignorant comments are the last thing Lindsay's daughter's need. Difficult enough to lose your mom in such a horrible way (having already lost their dad in a horrible accident)...but to have to read this type of trash is heartless and irresponsible of you.

No one cares what you "buy" or don't. Please have the decency to keep your ignorant thoughts to yourself. It is people like you that cause chaos and erroneous gosspip. Learn some self-control and respect!
keith parker

Chester Springs, PA

#24 Jan 19, 2009
This reply is to Relative from Jupiter FL and Reality Check from Port Washington NY. I am Lindsay's brother. My wife and I knew Joe for many years. We live in NJ, but we visited many times while Lindsay and Joe lived in El Paso and three more times when they lived in Mission. We always loved Joe as part of our family despite his faults. He fit right in because we all have faults too. But apparently you two are flawless, as you pronounce judgement (yes, it IS sickening, as you say) on who is a drunk and who is not, who is a bad parent and who is not, and who deserves to be to be murdered for their part in a troubled marriage. And you presume to know omniciently what went on "behind closed doors" in a house I doubt you've ever been inside. If you knew things were so bad, why didn't you do something before when it might have done some good? Too late now, but you're not really trying to do any good, are you?
Instead you blog, cowardly anonymous, contemptibly bad-mouthing a murder victim. Joe will have his say in court, Lindsay will not. Do you think you're helping him with anonymous nasty opinionated hearsay innuendo and charater assasination of the woman he loved and stayed with for so many years? You're not. Instead, you should go to court, show your face, and tell only what you absoulutely know first-hand to be factual. I suspect that under oath, your testimony will be a lot shorter than your blogs.
We are doubly devastated, as we lost Joe from our family at the same moment we lost my sister. But he knew instantly he was wrong, and said so himself. So why is it taking you two so long to understand that blaming the victim NEVER excuses the crime? It's because you are soulless and sick and have no concept of love or hate or family. Stay off the anonymous blogs and get some face-to-face counseling, and try to relearn how to relate to real human beings.

relative wrote:
It would be prudent and maybe even fair if someone contacted a family member and got the truth from them. She was not the wonderful sweet woman everyone says she was, not that the members of Joe's family knew.
Behind closed doors there are a lot of things that happen and believe me he snapped and for good reason. Wonder if the news will just continue to trash his reputation and ask neighbors who knew nothing about them, what their opinions are.
There are two sides to every story. How sickening to judge without hearing the whole truth. He is in shock, give the man a chance.
Helene

Paramount, CA

#25 Jan 19, 2009
keith parker wrote:
This reply is to Relative from Jupiter FL and Reality Check from Port Washington NY. I am Lindsay's brother. My wife and I knew Joe for many years. We live in NJ, but we visited many times while Lindsay and Joe lived in El Paso and three more times when they lived in Mission. We always loved Joe as part of our family despite his faults. He fit right in because we all have faults too. But apparently you two are flawless, as you pronounce judgement (yes, it IS sickening, as you say) on who is a drunk and who is not, who is a bad parent and who is not, and who deserves to be to be murdered for their part in a troubled marriage. And you presume to know omniciently what went on "behind closed doors" in a house I doubt you've ever been inside. If you knew things were so bad, why didn't you do something before when it might have done some good? Too late now, but you're not really trying to do any good, are you?
Instead you blog, cowardly anonymous, contemptibly bad-mouthing a murder victim. Joe will have his say in court, Lindsay will not. Do you think you're helping him with anonymous nasty opinionated hearsay innuendo and charater assasination of the woman he loved and stayed with for so many years? You're not. Instead, you should go to court, show your face, and tell only what you absoulutely know first-hand to be factual. I suspect that under oath, your testimony will be a lot shorter than your blogs.
We are doubly devastated, as we lost Joe from our family at the same moment we lost my sister. But he knew instantly he was wrong, and said so himself. So why is it taking you two so long to understand that blaming the victim NEVER excuses the crime? It's because you are soulless and sick and have no concept of love or hate or family. Stay off the anonymous blogs and get some face-to-face counseling, and try to relearn how to relate to real human beings.
<quoted text>
Keith,

Thank you for your wonderful post...very well put! I hope others will read and feel humbled in all their ignorant judgments. We look forward to seeing you and the rest of the Parkers at the service in support of the girls.
Sad

Lakeville, MN

#26 Jan 29, 2009
I used to work with Joe in El Paso. He was a jerk, and bitter at the world.
One of the few "happy" memories I have of him is when the chair he was sitting in while at work broke under his weight, and his fat a-- was stuck inside the broken chair. Two other officers had to pry the chair off his fat a--. It was so funny. What a undisplined slob who lacked self-control. Put down the fork and walk away from the kitchen table, and for goodness sake, don't point the gun at your spouse and squeeze the trigger.
It is a shame he committed murder-he has shamed everyone in DHS. But just his mere appearance in uniform did that. Anyway, this is a tradegy..... How terribly sad.....
hsalas2010

Waterloo, Canada

#27 Aug 30, 2010
LMAO !!!!! Joe you fat slob !!! LMAO !!!! If you didn't accept your wife's lifestyle you should have left her alone !!! you dumb ass NOT kill her !!! WHO THE HELL GAVE you the RIGHT to kill someone else ? HUH ? Your a piece of trash!!!! ROTT in JAIL asshole !!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hi Sun jake 2
Ashley Ashley Sun jake 5
the red door club (Mar '13) Nov 14 Johnro83 65
News Police make arrests tied to cartel home invasio... Oct 22 wigi eleni woods 1
dark meat Oct '17 Guy 1
dark meat Oct '17 Guy 1
keys Sep '17 Fluffy 1

Mission Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mission Mortgages