CBP official charged with wife's murder

Jan 14, 2009 Full story: The Brownsville Herald 27

Only Joseph Mongiello knows what drove him to fire at least four bullets into his wife's chest late Tuesday night.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
oldfriend

Chelmsford, MA

#1 Jan 15, 2009
Why was this daughter in the shower?? washing off evidence?? I'm not buying it yet, IF he did it, he snapped.
relative

Vero Beach, FL

#2 Jan 15, 2009
It would be prudent and maybe even fair if someone contacted a family member and got the truth from them. She was not the wonderful sweet woman everyone says she was, not that the members of Joe's family knew.
Behind closed doors there are a lot of things that happen and believe me he snapped and for good reason. Wonder if the news will just continue to trash his reputation and ask neighbors who knew nothing about them, what their opinions are.
There are two sides to every story. How sickening to judge without hearing the whole truth. He is in shock, give the man a chance.
concerned

San Juan, TX

#3 Jan 15, 2009
You may be a relative of Joe's but it's clear you don't care about his stepdaugthers or you wouldn't be trashing Lindsay and taking up for a murderer.
concerned

San Juan, TX

#4 Jan 15, 2009
He confessed.. what else do you want? You are making assumptions that are hurtful.
concerned

San Juan, TX

#5 Jan 16, 2009
Richard are you coming to bail your murdering brother out of jail?
relative

Vero Beach, FL

#6 Jan 16, 2009
You have not a clue what you are talking about. Are you one of her drinking and partying partners. That might explain your attitude. Unless you live with someone and see what goes on behind closed doors, don't judge. I knew Lindsey and I know all about things. Things that you know nothing about. What a waste of my time. Ignorance is bliss. Think what you want, but we will be sure that the truth comes out and you will learn what you know nothing about. No one condones what happened, but for God's sake understand that
everyone has a breaking point. Think what you will but know that there is so much more to this. He has shut down and given up.
And I would of course be in the shower when my mother was shot. Hello.
relative

Vero Beach, FL

#7 Jan 16, 2009
Concerned in Texas. I make no assumptions, I have witnessed and I know what was going on. God forbid something like this happened to your family. What do you expect us to do. And yes, we will be there, and the whole story will shock you.
Friend

United States

#8 Jan 16, 2009
Hope this guy gets punished to the full extent of the law!!! Not only did he commit murder (admittedly)...but now there are kids without a mother or father.
relative

Vero Beach, FL

#9 Jan 16, 2009
I say again. You have not got a clue. It was wrong, but...he was pushed to the breaking point!!!
Time will tell the whole story. I hope that something like this happens to you, friend, then you will have a clue. What a waste of time. Judge not unless you be judged.
concerned

San Juan, TX

#10 Jan 16, 2009
so why didn't he just leave? you think killing her was the only option? your worse than he is, he "appears" to be remorseful, you on the other hand are talking bad about someone who has no chance to tell her side of the story, why don't you listen to your own advice about judging.. you judge lindsay but it's not okay to judge joe? No, I wasn't her drinking buddy, we were friends because of our children.. she loved her girls more that you could EVER love that murderer.
concerned

San Juan, TX

#11 Jan 16, 2009
You say she's a drinker and partier? who's the murderer who got the dwi during the day on a saturday? Oh that's right we shouldn't judge joe
relative

Vero Beach, FL

#12 Jan 16, 2009
He was not drunk, that will come out in the DWI trial. He stayed because he stupidly loved her, despite her abuse. Her youngest child was horrible to her. I witnessed her awful behavior personally. Lindsay was very upset over that one. The older one was a good child. That came from Lindsay herself. That wasn't love, she had no control over the kid and she spent her days drunk from morning till night. She couldn't find a job and she was mentally disturbed. He saved her from jail several times. You don't have a clue.
The older child was a good girl, and my heart goes out to her. I'm not wasting my time with you. You are so wrong and so clueless.
You were her friend, you didn't know her very well.
If you aren't an alcoholic yourself, you were not her friend at all. You were a mere acquaintance.
Check your brain at the door.
Reality Check

Freeport, NY

#13 Jan 16, 2009
Here is some truth for all of you. No one can say that they ever had a conversation with lindsay where she was not drunk. She was not a good mother, her kids hated her.

Along with that, she was out at bars till 6am in the morning (maybe someone should check the local pubs for this info). Her biological daughters were with Joe while she was out till early morning on most nights.

She also beat her husband. What man in Joe's position or any man for that matter would admit to his wife being physically abusive and a drunk. What damage would that have done to the girls.

It seems that Joe was the good guy in not embarassing his step children.

So why doesnt everyone wait for all the info until they come to conclusions.

People sometimes just snap and looking at Joe this is not a look I have ever seen on his face.

He is a destinguished member of the government who for 30 years has been protecting our country.

Would we throw away someone who served in the military that did something tragic?,,,No!

Lets just see what the whole story is. Both families are devistated and this type of behavior is sickening.

I will conclude this with one thought. What if this was your family and how would you feel?

Perhaps all you negative comenters should be writing the media and police to start investigating as the truth has not been revealed.
concerned

San Juan, TX

#14 Jan 16, 2009
if you read from the beginning my problem is with her being trashed by the relative and now you, i don't blame you for standing up for the murderer that's what family does.. but why talk bad about the murdered and the children?
Helene

United States

#15 Jan 16, 2009
relative wrote:
It would be prudent and maybe even fair if someone contacted a family member and got the truth from them. She was not the wonderful sweet woman everyone says she was, not that the members of Joe's family knew.
Behind closed doors there are a lot of things that happen and believe me he snapped and for good reason. Wonder if the news will just continue to trash his reputation and ask neighbors who knew nothing about them, what their opinions are.
There are two sides to every story. How sickening to judge without hearing the whole truth. He is in shock, give the man a chance.
RESPONSE TO IRRESPONSIBLE COMMENTS:
I am related to Lindsay's daughter's on their biological father's side. Regardless of Lindsay's behavior, murder is not the answer; he could have left the relationship. Nonetheless do those who matter the most...Emily and Katrina...a favor and stop adding to their PROFOUND GRIEF by publicly bad mouthing the mother that they love. Even though I was not personally a Lindsay fan I love Emily and Katrina and they are the ultimate victims. They already lost their dad they don't need to deal with a public cruxsifiction (sp?) of their mother.
murphyms

San Clemente, CA

#16 Jan 17, 2009
This comment appears to come from a family of the defendant! What a jerk! Joe had many problems, Lindsay should had let him die after the a-- had surgery. What a way to pay our wife for all her support.
relative wrote:
murphyms

San Clemente, CA

#17 Jan 17, 2009
Buying what? That he ran out of bullets before he could kill her too. I hope he rots in jail for the rest of his life
oldfriend wrote:
Why was this daughter in the shower?? washing off evidence?? I'm not buying it yet, IF he did it, he snapped.
murphyms

San Clemente, CA

#18 Jan 17, 2009
You must be from Joes side of the family with comments that you made. Joe is a mean spirited person only concerned for himself. Two girls and countless family members are mourning the loss of a loved one. Yes, the truth will come when Joe has his day in court. Joe, you deserve everthing that is coming to you! I hear Huntsville is a great place to live. Enjoy!!!!!!!!
relative wrote:
murphyms

San Clemente, CA

#19 Jan 17, 2009
Make sure that if you bail the b------ out, hide your guns. Joe flipped, actually Joe flipped years ago. Joe, I hope you have years to consider the destruction you have caused.
relative wrote:
I say again. You have not got a clue. It was wrong, but...he was pushed to the breaking point!!!
Time will tell the whole story. I hope that something like this happens to you, friend, then you will have a clue. What a waste of time. Judge not unless you be judged.
murphyms

San Clemente, CA

#20 Jan 17, 2009
Yes, the truth will come out. A smoking gun and confussion is generally a good start to the truth. All families have problems, that is the nature of life. There are no words or remarks that will undo the tragedy that has occured. Comments about their private life should not be made public. I have very close knowledge of the family. The consensus. Joe flipped!
Reality Check wrote:
Here is some truth for all of you. No one can say that they ever had a conversation with lindsay where she was not drunk. She was not a good mother, her kids hated her.
Along with that, she was out at bars till 6am in the morning (maybe someone should check the local pubs for this info). Her biological daughters were with Joe while she was out till early morning on most nights.
She also beat her husband. What man in Joe's position or any man for that matter would admit to his wife being physically abusive and a drunk. What damage would that have done to the girls.
It seems that Joe was the good guy in not embarassing his step children.
So why doesnt everyone wait for all the info until they come to conclusions.
People sometimes just snap and looking at Joe this is not a look I have ever seen on his face.
He is a destinguished member of the government who for 30 years has been protecting our country.
Would we throw away someone who served in the military that did something tragic?,,,No!
Lets just see what the whole story is. Both families are devistated and this type of behavior is sickening.
I will conclude this with one thought. What if this was your family and how would you feel?
Perhaps all you negative comenters should be writing the media and police to start investigating as the truth has not been revealed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anthony Aguirre (Feb '13) Mon Roxy 8
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Review: 911 Fitness Personal Training Studio Dec 15 Malpaso 1
South Texas judge's DWI charge dismissed Dec 11 Barret50 1
dating a pakistani girl (Dec '13) Dec 7 sajid 2
who is the biggest slut in McAllen? (Apr '11) Dec 6 bees 33
Share your wife (Dec '13) Dec 1 Big Daddy 38
Mission Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mission People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mission News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mission