What happened to Donna Texas?

Posted in the Mission Forum

Joe

Mercedes, TX

#1 Jun 21, 2008
Let me start by saying how disgusted I am with the city's appearance. I flew in a few nights ago from another state and quite frankly cannot understand why the city looks so dirty. What happened? When do politicians stop bickering for scraps and start focusing on what is important. The preservation of a city that is danger of dying out or worse assimilated by Alamo or Weslaco. There are some great minds in the city why are you not making change? My question to the people is why are you allowing this to happen? Is because some politican invites you to his BBQs or because the judge got you off a speeding ticket? Seriously someone has to emerge from the shadows and take the lead. I am not a politician or do I endorse anyone. I am a concerned citizen that would like to be proud that he was raised in Donna Texas. Politicians I ask for you respond. Your public wants to know.
Young One

Austin, TX

#2 Jun 29, 2008
I too was raised in Donna, TX. Yes, the city of Donna is all about politics. The judge is not straight at all. The people buy him off. I was raised in Donna and from what I know, that city is all about money making. Hopefully the cops get changed and it gets looked into more by someone with authority who wants to do right. If I had any more education, I would dare challange and question politics in that town. I was raised around a local gang with a lot of power and they fear the police not. All in all, I am not living there right now but if I ever do go back, I pray to God he give me the strength to make things right.
Joe

Denver, NC

#3 Jul 2, 2008
Great points, I often wonder how no one can break the cycle of re-electing the same people into office. Some of the guys in office used to be screw balls in high school. It disheartens me to see the people of Donna having to put with this. If you had the power and authority to make it right, what would you do first? BTW I was raised on the East side of the city. Some pretty good folks from that area. Have you seen HEB? Compared to Weslaco or Alamo it is years behind in terms of cleanliness. Bertha Burgers rule!
Young One wrote:
I too was raised in Donna, TX. Yes, the city of Donna is all about politics. The judge is not straight at all. The people buy him off. I was raised in Donna and from what I know, that city is all about money making. Hopefully the cops get changed and it gets looked into more by someone with authority who wants to do right. If I had any more education, I would dare challange and question politics in that town. I was raised around a local gang with a lot of power and they fear the police not. All in all, I am not living there right now but if I ever do go back, I pray to God he give me the strength to make things right.
johnny

United States

#4 Sep 2, 2013
If only things were that simple... Got a friend named guapo he might comment on donna know a lot of good people from Donna hope for the best

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UPDATE 2-EU verlaat 'vuile' label voor Canada t... Oct 9 zeltur3ly 1
In South Texas, a fight for Hispanic votes Oct 7 barefoot2626 22
Pharr Texas (May '09) Oct 6 robert 5
Jessika Oviedo Oct 5 Befairtoothers 2
Conn's Signs Lease in McAllen Sep 30 Conn 2
who is a good dentist in Progreso MX? Sep 23 Jesus 2
Border Patrol: Leave law enforcement to the pros Sep '14 fyi 13
Mission Dating
Find my Match

Mission Jobs