Gangs blamed for fatal stabbing

Gangs blamed for fatal stabbing

There are 76 comments on the Rapid City Journal story from Feb 6, 2007, titled Gangs blamed for fatal stabbing. In it, Rapid City Journal reports that:

The recent fatal stabbing of a teen-aged girl on Rosebud Indian Reservation was gang-related, a tribal official said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rapid City Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
smoke screen

West Fargo, ND

#2 Mar 6, 2007
yeah, gangs are just a bunch of no good kids trying to be known for something in this world and this is the easiest thing to do. Many of the gangs in Rosebud are a bunch of half breeds with white skin that claim to be native but they are a bunch of white boyz. On the red stuff that they all claim in Rosebud. They are just softy's that need to gang people because they can't fight one on one,its terrifying to them. I mean if i was with a bunch of people beating up one person i guess i would be a tough guy too.
southsider_13

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Mar 19, 2007
yea i knew that gurl she was ma homie im not a half breed im a full 17year old male from mission southdakota of southside antelope yea most of the gangs we have are yea half breed i i do think it's messed up because they are all scared because they cannot fight on their own they need gangs to help them and yes i am in a gang to known as south side sur 13 but i do not look back on other members for protection or to beat up 1 person the only time i need help is if im being ganged or have benn ganged and i only call other full breed because they aint scared of nothing welll anywayz this is getting kind of long so i would like to end this sayin REST IN PEACE HOME GURL
2-southsyder sur 13

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Mar 22, 2007
southsider_13 wrote:
yea i knew that gurl she was ma homie im not a half breed im a full 17year old male from mission southdakota of southside antelope yea most of the gangs we have are yea half breed i i do think it's messed up because they are all scared because they cannot fight on their own they need gangs to help them and yes i am in a gang to known as south side sur 13 but i do not look back on other members for protection or to beat up 1 person the only time i need help is if im being ganged or have benn ganged and i only call other full breed because they aint scared of nothing welll anywayz this is getting kind of long so i would like to end this sayin REST IN PEACE HOME GURL
---------- as a former mission rezident myself, back in grade school & in hs we never ever had any issues with ganges so wot's up & wrong with the next generation of young people thez day'z? well i'll tell u ya'll i was in a gang in nc & nobody really helped me out when i waz in trouble or in need.so i ask again.wot iz the rez doin' bout this problem?--nothin'

“QUEEN AKASHA”

Since: Jan 07

Sioux Falls

#5 Mar 22, 2007
smoke screen wrote:
yeah, gangs are just a bunch of no good kids trying to be known for something in this world and this is the easiest thing to do. Many of the gangs in Rosebud are a bunch of half breeds with white skin that claim to be native but they are a bunch of white boyz. On the red stuff that they all claim in Rosebud. They are just softy's that need to gang people because they can't fight one on one,its terrifying to them. I mean if i was with a bunch of people beating up one person i guess i would be a tough guy too.
I am enrolled in Rosebud Sioux Tribe, and it's true, for kids to be in gangs, it's not wrong, i think its an embarresing! Half-breeds walking around saying that they are "N8IVE" It's wrong, totally wrong. We should do something with our lives instead of just hanging around the reservation. I'm not trying to diss the rez, but it's true. The world needs to know our story, and we need a breakthrough in this world. SO YEAH!:)
Jawaher

Sacramento, CA

#6 Mar 26, 2007
Yes, I knew the gurls too they were cool. I didn't know that it was like that. I didn't really hang out with them but, they were around town. I thought they were friends.IDK
I'm in no gang I don't claim anything. I think that there are just to much things happening there. I been gone for 3 months and so much bad stuff happening. Maybe, people think it is cool it's not. come on now it's making rosebud and it's surrounding area look bad and I think that needs to change. cause really there is a very good side of it to. Only if you knew!!!!
MissnLafaye_2dA

United States

#8 Apr 27, 2007
I am sick and of every body pointing this out as being gang related. Maybe it was, on the other half, in which she blaims on diong it to be in a gang which she already was so there was no point. Why would sombody do this? They were friends, she trusted them. I know it was jelousy, Laura was strong, beautiful, caring, sweet and so much more.
I miss her every single day, I cry for her every single nicgh and dreem of her every time I sleep. I love her, I miss her.This i bad karma, if the get away with it as children, paybakz a btch!.
Sweet Lafaye

Sioux Falls, SD

#9 Jun 10, 2007
My lil cuz who i love and miss so much people should know the truth so im"a put a shout out for u gurl.Laura was down but she aint no gangster,in rosebud everybody goes through a gang stage but this was a grudge that her murderers held on her for two years and one she trusted and she stabed lafaye in the back literaly!No laughing matter but in the court room one of the murderers laughed in the end because the were only tried as juveniles because of the tribe interfering they will be out and with their families but i hope sum one out there can make a change for them to get retried as adults please help if you have the ability to because they took her life away but they can't give it back.much love lafaye hope to see you soon someday!
Cis D

Sioux Falls, SD

#10 Jun 10, 2007
Just last night there was another stabbing in rosebud two boys were stabed by one of lauras murderers uncles see because lauras murderer"Jamie Leader Charge"pretty much got away with murder because she'll be out when shes 20 her family now is acting as if its ok to stab someone to death just cause your mad and its not.One of the boys died last night at the rosebud hospital.So I must ask what kind of a message did our tribe send when they voted for these to murderers "Jamie Leader Charge" and Liz Thunder Huak" to be tried as juveniles for an adult crime while they were in their right state of minds no drugs no alchol.I hope this proves to the council that these gurls should be retried as adults and pay for what they did cause they can never bring Lafaye hom to her family.
Aunti Sherri

Sioux Falls, SD

#11 Jun 10, 2007
my neice Luara was not a gang member she was a very sweet girl who loved childern and now because of two very visious girls she will never enjoy her own childern or her neices and nephews who she cared for and loved very much we really need to do something about these girls and boys who think that they are gang members the lakota people which we are do not believe in gangs or murder so somebody out there please help us to get rid of all this violence and unsloved murders if a 14 and 15 year old can commit an act of violence as they did knowing what they did with no alchol or drugs then they should've been tried as adults.Me and my family love and miss laura everyday.
Troll No Heart

Washington, DC

#12 Jul 6, 2007
Rest in Peace Luara, i remember her and her friends used to walk down the street past my uncles house. we finaly got to talk and we got pretty cool and now she's gone. i hope its tru about "what goes around, Comes around" From A Dog From Rosebud...

Rest In Peace.
NahZ8 G

Platte, SD

#13 Feb 19, 2008
what disrespect wannabe gangsta's trying to act for real. killing the innocent what haters. just half breeds trying to rock the life because in their own life that got pain and neglection. get some thinking in them crazy ass brains.
to the family of the lost. keep strong and may she rest in peace.
which the world all needs.
Just Me

Jackson, MN

#14 Feb 26, 2008
Its sad to see and hear about all this violence happening not just on the rosebud reservation but on other reservations. wish everyone "including adults" would grow up and stop calling eachother half breeds and weak. to me if you have the blood of our ancestors does not matter how small, we are all connected in many ways GROW UP!!! its sad and pathetic to know our people fight and drink do drugs kill themselve and hurt eachother. when will it stop what can you do to make it better what can we do to make sure our children keep the ways of our ancestors beliefs going on for other generations to come before it gone!!!!and History!!!COME ON!!!!!stop blaming everyone else
ANKN

Quakertown, NJ

#15 Feb 27, 2008
i wish i could say that for everyone, but
people (natives) don't want to stop doin what they doin. U SHOULD JUST LET THEM BE,CAUSE THEY CHOOSE THERE OWN PATH, NOT U.
sharon

Richardson, TX

#16 Mar 3, 2008
there's so many kidz up there with no parental support or supervision. i lived there all my life. i love my people and where i come from but there are so many things i wanna say. i'm speechless i seen you and all of your sisters grow up. i haven't lived there for 5 years now but i go back every years.so much bs,depression, and gangs. i left and never went back . i miss my family but that's all. it's sad really sad to so see all the violnce and unsolved murders there are i had so many friends die. i worry about all kids, gangs are so stupid but i guess thats all there is for them.
Five Point

Omaha, NE

#17 Mar 24, 2008
yEah yeah yeah half breed full breed wat not people is people no matter wat you r..... gangs that all bout now days ever sice day one so all this violence and hurting each other an wat not it always gonna b there no matter wat thought yall knew we lose someone that we love every fukking day over stupid shit but anywho Rosebud Sioux Tribe RST shit what you all kno about that nothing intell you live it to the foolest Rest In Paradise girl even though I didn't know you but I always had beef wit Amber my bad
Baby Cakes

Sioux Falls, SD

#18 Apr 15, 2008
4-real. I'm from the Rst and i'm kinda embrassed to say that i'm from there.
Baby KL

Ethan, SD

#19 Apr 17, 2008
yeah all my bro and sis's are in gangs so i am not in one though. RIP homie!!! everyone ahould just stop calling everyone else breeds that is what babies do. Someone should try and stop all the killing it is so foolish i have a lot of firends that have been killed in gangs. i have a lot of friends in mission and they are or most of them are in gangs.
Lakota Sioux LANCE

Quakertown, NJ

#20 May 5, 2008
AYE yeah I knew Lafaye she was one of my good Friends...I still cant believe she's gone and the way she went.. I think it bull they are blaming what happened on gangs..Them girls knew what they were doing And Its Staright up BULLSHIT that they did it to her.. Probabley cause she can beat bothb they ass'z..Laura was one of the sweetest homies you can ever have and the downest.. She was all about being real and having fun.. She was like the rubberband that held us together and now shes gone and that rubberband snapped and it aint the same anymore I miss her so much BUT WE GOTTA KEEP OUR HEADS UP..FoSho'
Miss You Always
Love You Lots
REST IN PEACE
LaFaye
4rm UR HOMIE
Lakota Sioux

Quakertown, NJ

#21 May 5, 2008
Aye yeah I knew LaFaye
She was one of my good friends.. It hard to accept her death And I still cant believe she's gone and the way she went.It may been gang related but who can say... The Girls Knew what they were doing its fucked up that they did it to her She was one of the sweetest and Downest friends you can have... Im missin her everyday and just thinkin of all the time we chilled and the stupid shit we did and all the shit we went through... Yeah me and her got into it a couple of times but it just made our friendship stronger and I regretnot picking her up that night like she told me too.. Like tha last time I drank with her she said she'll drink one last time and if she didnt like it she'll never drink again But I didnt think it would go down like that..But them bithz are some dead girls walkin and to let them know Pay backs a bitch...LaFaye was like the rubberband that held the homies together and when they took her from us that rubberband snapped and now it just aint the same...BUT WE GOTTA KEEP OUR HEADS UP fosho''Forever in our memories and in our hearts..Miss You lots Love You Always
.....Rosebud Sioux Lance
JAY-LEIGH

Great Falls, MT

#22 May 23, 2008
REzT [ii]N PEACE H0ME G[ii]RL
LAURA FAYE SWALLOW "LAFAE"
MISSIN YOU SOO MUCH
YOU`LL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman Sentenced In Connection With Rosebud Doub... Feb '15 N8vBetty 1
News St. Francis Men Sentenced For Murder Feb '15 N8vBetty 1
News Rosebud Sioux Tribe declares state of emergency... (Apr '07) Feb '15 Nativebettybaby 79
News Stateless Yukon man, 60, ponders declaring refu... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Chief Sukdik 2
News Pine Ridge Satellite Voting Operates Without Co... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Two Bull 5
Drowning and rescue yesterday at scouts reservoir (May '14) May '14 Sharon Alexander 1
News Serving Those In Need (Mar '14) Mar '14 chrisiankov 1
More from around the web

Mission People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mission Mortgages