Legal Fees Forces No-Kill Shelter To ...

Legal Fees Forces No-Kill Shelter To Close

There are 42 comments on the Fox4KC story from Apr 16, 2010, titled Legal Fees Forces No-Kill Shelter To Close. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

An animal shelter in Mission, Kansas is closing its doors after running out of funding.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
True Animal Lover

Overland Park, KS

#41 Jun 11, 2010
whats wrong wrote:
They have so many animals, because they only adopt out to rich people
Oh how very wrong YOU are!! TPC has been helping lower income families for years. They also have the best deals as far as adoption fees go, you cannot beat them! For dogs over 40pounds it's 50 dollars & dogs over it's I think 110 dollars and 50 bucks for cats and it includes: shots, having the animal fixed, microchiped, free wellness exam at a vet, and for dogs free obedience training for the life of the dog!! It's great! Also the adoption process is simple, quick and clear. Basically you fill out a front to back application and after you are passed you go through the contract with one of the wonderful employees and they give you amazing advice and answer any questions this takes at the most about 30minutes & then you can go home with your new friend.

Also I must say something about that annoying person who said something along the lines of tpc having too many animals and that they spend a lot of time in crates and don't get enough stimulation. Wow. Just wow. First off they are a mostly cageless animal shelter which means the dogs get large spacious rooms with beds & even chairs instead of small cramped cold kennels. The cats get rooms as well and some even get free roam of the front lobby or laundry room. When thy get new dogs they are housed in crates at first (and some dogs who need to be are crated at night) as the staff get to know them and the dogs geet used to the shelter & their new caretakers. All day dogs are rotated into tpc's three different large dog yards. Many in play groups, but for those who aren't a fan of other canines go alone. They play ball, wrestle with other dogs & even lay in tubs of water! Dogs are also given long fun walks by volunteers. So they dogs do not spnd much time in their crates or rooms really. They are also loved on and given loaaaaaads of attention through out the day and volunteers and staff snuggle and play with them. These animals are part beloved parts of the TPC family until they find their true forever home.

God bless TPC, Melody, & Jason
I know you can make it through this difficult time just hang in there!!
Concerned Owner

Lees Summit, MO

#42 Jun 18, 2010
To the person who made a list and said that there was an agency looking for controlled substances. It was probably the DEA. And the drugs used to do surgery are in fact controlled substances. You must document their use. Also, letting non-vets perform spays/neuters/surgery is WRONG! I feel bad for the animals in this situation, but the State Board and DEA/govt don't make accusations on a whim. Ultimately the animals may get better care at a different no-kill shelter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
skype sex (Jul '16) May 26 Tramps 15
News World's tallest water slide to open soon (Jun '14) May 25 Lili16 5
Skype sex with Mex babe May 6 Denisserojas831 1
moving to kansas city (Feb '06) May 5 Anonymous snob 553
News Mission Gateway is about to become even less in... (Apr '14) Dec '15 MR C 2
News County service centers to host drive for hygien... (Sep '15) Sep '15 ksw 2
News First same-sex couple weds in Kansas at Johnson... (Oct '14) Feb '15 n2dep2care 7

Mission Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mission Mortgages