Frozen Dog Barely Survives Surgery After Rescue

Full story: Fox4KC 29
There was some good news Monday for a Chow that nearly froze to death after being left outside over the weekend. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Michelle

Council Grove, KS

#21 Jan 20, 2010
Why don't you use your brain. Apparently, you don't have one.
Kristal wrote:
Ok, "Sam" Maybe you should have become a veterinary because you seem to know so much more than the vets themselves. Oh yes and I'm sorry but this dog Was not in a dog house as yours are, oh and this dog was not laying on straw, if you had read the story she was laying in the snow, no shelter from the wet, or cold. So tell me what happens when the core body temp reaches ohhhhh lets see 90, when the body temp should be between 100.0 & 102.0. As far as low blood supply, were you there?? did you see the blood loss? or did you have a puls ox's reader?? Nice facts but unless you were there,or you were the one treating this dog, how can you sit there and say what oh no it can't be this or it can't be that. The fact is that some one was kind enough to stop and help this pet. There are some of us that don't just have a dog to have a dog, maybe go out and look at it every once in awhile and maybe throw some straw and kibble it's way when ever.
Michelle

Council Grove, KS

#22 Jan 20, 2010
Sorry Kristal I pressed the wrong key. My response was meant for Sam, the know it all bozo.
Brandi

United States

#23 Jan 21, 2010
Anne wrote:
This poor animal is suffering. PLEASE euthanize it at put it out of its misery. I can understand extreme life saving measures being taken for a human being (I'm an ICU nurse), but please, please, please end this animal's extreme suffering. This is just cruel.
Use the resources to help out healthier animals in need. It would be a much wiser use of the time, money, and vet supplies being used in this case. Let's all use some common sense here.
You're a nurse? Really? Lord help us since you are the woman taking care of sick people. I hope to never have you as nurse. If I go by your logic than any human should also be euthanized because healing them would be just cruel. Especially if they were experiencing extreme suffering while trying to recover. Maybe those in car accidents or those who were attacked by attempted murderers? Seriously? You're ridiculous. The vet team at TPC cares very much for the animals. I've been involved with the organization for 9 years now! 9 YEARS! And their compassion and dedication to save animals lives and ensure that they live a healthy quality of life is 2nd to none. Had Peaches been beyond repair, they would have put her to sleep. They believe in quality of life. Peaches is only 2 years old... and she has a lot of life left in her... life that post op she will live out happy and healthy and with a family that will care for her. No thanks to you.
Brandi

United States

#24 Jan 21, 2010
SAM wrote:
Dogs do not freeze! Look at Squirrels,Rabbits Racoons and other Animals, also Deer. You all can say what you want but I have had many dogs in the last 40 years they all stay outside and are very Healthy I put Straw in their doghouse and give them plenty of food and water.Never a health problem .same with Grannys hounds in the country always do Just fine. Dogs are like Deer ;do you ever see them FREEZE?? God made them with a fur and or leather coat.This Dog Froze because its Blood supply and oxygen was Low from being hit by a car. I knew there had to be more to the story than Dog left outside freezes. Use your Brains people. Think about it all the lil creatures outside>HMM
You're a moron. Dogs and cats are domesticated creatures. Domesticated by us and it is our obligation to care for them as such. Sure you see dogs and cats living outside. A lot of times those animals have lived outside their entire lives and are feral. They are use to it. Peaches is domesticated and not feral. She has known the love of humans. Peaches most likely had been hit by a car at some point and wandered into this front yard where she laid, in the snow, with no shelter, no food, no water, and in pain from internal injuries. A dog's temperature is normally around 102. Her's was 90! 90 degrees!!!!! 12 degrees BELOW normal. Please research your opinions a little in the future to avoid looking like a complete dumba$$.

Since: Jul 09

Tonganoxie, KS

#25 Jan 21, 2010
I think we need to bind Sam up with duct tape, hog tie him, leave him in the middle of the road and play chicken with him with a vehicle.... Then drive off after hitting him a few times, see if he can crawl over to the gutter where he belongs. I know, I know, I would have to wait in line to take a number for the chance to do that... I'll gladly wait my turn.

Since: Jul 09

Tonganoxie, KS

#26 Jan 21, 2010
I've got a joke for you.. What's the difference between Peaches in the road and Sam in the road? There's brake marks in front of Peaches. HAHAHAHA
carmen

Kansas City, MO

#27 Jan 22, 2010
Anne wrote:
This poor animal is suffering. PLEASE euthanize it at put it out of its misery. I can understand extreme life saving measures being taken for a human being (I'm an ICU nurse), but please, please, please end this animal's extreme suffering. This is just cruel.
Use the resources to help out healthier animals in need. It would be a much wiser use of the time, money, and vet supplies being used in this case. Let's all use some common sense here.
Anne, what we need to do is euthanize you! What kind of person are you? You are cold and heartless! So you say you are a ICU nurse. I think not, because a nurse help's people and wants their patient to live not DIE!I would not want to be your patient! Wher do you work? They need to know what kind of person you are, a person that has NO COMMON SENSE! SHAME ON YOU ICU NURSE WANTABE!!!!!!!!!!
carmen

Kansas City, MO

#28 Jan 22, 2010
Anne, what we need to do is euthanize you! What kind of person are you? You are cold and heartless! So you say you are a ICU nurse. I think not, because a nurse help's people and wants their patient to live not DIE!I would not want to be your patient! Wher do you work? They need to know what kind of person you are, a person that has NO COMMON SENSE! SHAME ON YOU ICU NURSE WANTABE!!!!!!!!!! Thank God, that their are people that care about animals and they want to help them.
sunshine

Tonganoxie, KS

#29 Jan 25, 2010
JulieAnn Zserdin wrote:
how could anyone leave a dog outside in the cold like this, and an injured one is unspeakable. the scum that this needs to go to prison
I wonder since she had an eye infection if she accidently got lost wondering off. Maybe the owner was looking for her? I would hope so

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Five Kansas Dairy Queen stores hit by data breach 15 min Elise Gingerich 6
Review: Sizzles BBQ Bar & Grill C (Jan '14) 2 hr swiesner 5
What questions do you have for the candidates o... Oct 3 Deno 1
Mission Kansas Police Assault & Cavit... (Jul '13) May '14 Anti-gov 3
Mission Gateway is about to become even less in... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Tired Resident 1
Bruning resigns as pastor, admits to violating ... (Jun '13) Feb '14 pray4him 7
Mission Apts... (Oct '13) Oct '13 WeimMom 1
Mission Dating
Find my Match

Mission Jobs

Mission People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mission News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mission

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]