Taking Liberties: Taxing Church Attendance?

Mar 10, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fox News

Erik Stanley walked up Woodson Road in Mission, Kansas, surveying the church parking lot at St.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Mar 14, 2011
cvaughan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Did'nt the good people of Mission know their mayor was an atheist befote IT got elected?
Duane

Ashville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

I suggest they park at city hall and caravan to the church parking lot.
ORLY

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Just another good reason to sleep in on Sundays. (Not that there weren't enough already.)
ATJ

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2011

Should I call it typical religious hypocrisy or ironic that the money the U.S. government taxes for everything else we do and buy reads "In God We Trust" yet "God" or churches cannot be taxed yet it is okay to violate separation of church and state by having "God" printed on federal money.
cvaughan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

I am a retired veteran that never saw an atheist on the battlefield or a wounded soldier not begging GOD to save him. So orly, you keep on sleeping on Sunday and atj' you should quit spending the money you hate. Move to Iran, they need people like you two. We don't!!
ORLY

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

cvaughan wrote:
I am a retired veteran that never saw an atheist on the battlefield or a wounded soldier not begging GOD to save him. So orly, you keep on sleeping on Sunday and atj' you should quit spending the money you hate. Move to Iran, they need people like you two. We don't!!
Your service was just as much for us as any other citizen. Either everyone has rights or no one does.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Mission Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mission People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••