Review: Speedway Motors
Joe

Rochester, PA

#21 Nov 17, 2009
Contact your state attorney general as well as the Kansas attorney general's office and file a complaint. They will take action!
NOT JUSTIFIED YET

Sparta, WI

#22 Nov 22, 2009
BEWARE the name changing LOT LIZARD, AKA SPEEDWAY MOTORS or PATRICK DALTON has morphed again the man who can't seem to answer his phone or keep his WORD is now going by the name of CASEY DALTON and ATC CARS ...... Do yourself a big favor stay away from this want to be car broker !!!!!!!!!!
DHM

Keystone Heights, FL

#23 Nov 23, 2009
Auto Dealer, Speedway Motors, LLC issued a 6 Month Extended Warranty Policy for a purchased 2003 Ford Explorer to myself and never sent it into the 3rd Party Issuing Provider to get the Policy Activated. I paid Patrick Dalton-Owner by a PayPal Request for the full amount of the Policy ($250.00) at the time of 'inception'. This policy was purchased in error and canceled a few days later by my request, because it was not needed for the vehicle. Patrick Dalton, Owner of the Fraudulent Speedway Motors told me 2 weeks ago in our last conversation, that he has sent the refund to me via Priority USPS Mail, 3 weeks ago today. I have called him NUMEROUS times only to get recordings and he has NEVER returned a phone call to me. I contacted the Contract Provider - C.A.R.S.(Complete Automotive Repair Services) today (11-23-09) to verify the contract being canceled and the date of cancellation and they said NO Policy was ever issued on the VIN of the vehicle or could not located it by my name-I have this conversation documented. There are complaints all over the internet about Patrick Dalton-Owner and his business practices, so I filed a case with KS DMV to issue an investigation into my matter and for my policy REFUND and to make sure he is not defrauding others and also to investigate his previous business transactions to protect consumers. He sells his cars on Ebay and his website: www.speedway-motors.net
John

Villach, Austria

#24 Dec 4, 2009
Thanks to Carchex Report....I want to buy the Red Mustang 70 Mach 1 from Speedway Motors Patrick Dalton...
All Pics are faked or photoshoped...Car is a Piece of s..t!!!!!
Carchex Report is available at homepage...

Never do business with this guy!!!!!1
Army LTC Retired

New York, NY

#25 Feb 3, 2010
Patrick,
1. Why did it take you almost a year to reply to Bruce?
2. I would highly doubt that Bruce would fly from Canada to KC on a Saturday without calling ahead.
3. Your website does say that you are open on Saturdays. I'm sure you had a good time at the lake, but you should have had an employee available if the web says you are open on Saturdays. Don't tell me your web site is outdated, since that's the way you sell all of your cars (on e-bay). No one locally buys from you because you are too scared they will show up in your drive way.
Ralerro Transport

Overland Park, KS

#26 Feb 5, 2010
I transported a car from KC to Barrett Jackson, AZ in January for Patrick Dalton/Speedway Motors. I was suppose to meet Patrick in AZ when I delivered the car and he would pay me then. When I got to Barrett Jackson, Patrick wasn't there. He assured me if I left the car then he would pay me. Well, it's been 3 weeks and no check (even though the car sold for $31,000). Patrick is now giving me the run-around and won't return my calls. He is screening my calls and won't return my calls. I've heard that he is going out of business and is financial trouble. I've never been stiffed before, but I think Patrick might be the first.
I'm a one-man trucking operation with bills to pay and a family to support.$650 dollars is a lot of money to me and to the financial survival of my business and my family. If a man's word is no good, then he's no good. It looks like Patrick's word is no good.
EAGLE EYE

Cornell, WI

#27 Feb 13, 2010
Looks like old patrick or whatever he calls himself has moved to a site called ZIBE to sell his junk look out .......
JGW

Davidson, NC

#28 Feb 14, 2010
George---We have just had a similar experience with Patrick Dalton. We are in touch with an attorney and would like to contact others such as yourself who have had similar situations with Speedway Motors. You can reach me at [email protected] Thanks!
George wrote:
I had a similar experience with Speedway/Patrick Dalton. He misrepresented a car he was selling in several phone conversations and emails. When we went to get the car, we found it was missing things and was in much worse condition than he said. We called him and asked for our money back. He cussed repeatedly and told there was no refund. "Come get your #$%^! car. THere are no @#$% refunds. Are we @#$%! clear?!!" was the quote as he hung up on me. We are considering suing Speedway, as he is in our opinion, guilty of substantial fraud in the selling of this car.
JW Transport

Augusta, KS

#29 Feb 15, 2010
It seems my company may be added to the list of being scammed by Patrick Dalton. My situation is the same as Ralerro Transport above. Patrick, if you are reading this, it is in your best interest to pay for your vehicle transports. I will make time everyday to make certain that your fraudulent business practices remain on your conscience, until you pay your bill. This includes in-person visits. We are only a couple hundred miles away.

Sincerely,
JW Trans
Abe

Edgerton, KS

#30 Mar 2, 2010
Do not insult my uncle Casy like that!!!!!!!!!!
He is a good bussiness person! We all need to make a living in a economy like this! With a big bafoon president!
EAGLE EYE

Alma Center, WI

#31 Mar 2, 2010
Its obvious the nut don't fall far from the TREE ....
northlander

Pittsburgh, PA

#32 Mar 25, 2010
he is on craigs list now....
josey wales

Shawnee, KS

#33 May 22, 2010
who is the attorney?
Steve D

Pittsburg, KS

#34 Jun 24, 2010
Wow... I had a very positive experience with Patrick and Speedway Motors. I sold him a Mercedes and bought a Volvo from him in 2008, and I found him to be very professional, polite, and I have no complaints. There was some minor problem with the car I bought and I took it back the next day. He was attentive and had it fixed immediately.
Based on all these comments, maybe I was just lucky, but I have no complaints and plan on doing business with Patrick again in the future.
JW Transport

Augusta, KS

#35 Jul 1, 2010
What kind of man / business owner can't face the problems he created. Patrick is a snake, a fraud, a liar, and a thief. He's still in business, but still ducks my phone calls. He picked up out of the blue one day and claimed that he wasn't all of these bad things people say about him, and that he would pay me that afternoon. It's been 3 months! I call his phone EVERYDAY, and he's not man enough to pick it up and discuss this with me. We run a small transport business, and having a spineless crook steal $650 from us too much to write off. Patrick - the heat is on, you need to pay us ASAP.

I found this review on ebay from another victim of Patrick Dalton:

1966 Cadillac DeVille: Patrick C. Dalton aka Speedway Motors
07/11/09By Member id juridol ( Feedback Score Of 200)
See all reviews by juridol1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
• Overall Satisfaction:

Patrick C. Dalton aka Pumpkin 1430 aka Speedway Motors totally misrepresented this car thru spray paint and creative photography to cover rust and mechanical issues. When this car arrived it was not even drivable, the convertible top, the power seat, brake lights, air conditioning, turn signals, do not work. The steering column is so loose that the car is not safe to drive. The body has major rust and body putty that was covered up with spray paint and photography. The engine was missing a hose that was in the photograph of the engine (must have needed it for another scam photo session). I have filed a fraud case with eBay, this car is supposed to have $50,000.00 buyer protection, we will see what happens. Anyone have a similar experience with this seller and want to contact me please do.
Bruce Roche Winnipeg MB

Winnipeg, Canada

#36 Aug 7, 2010
Patrick Dalton wrote:
Bruce was a very self-served, hard to please person. We are closed on Saturdays. Bruce without notification, flew in to pickup a vehicle on a day when we were closed. I was 3 hours away at a vacation home with my wife and kids. I made arrangements immediately for him to pickup the car. It required an employee forgoing most of their day off to deliver the car to Bruce. Bruce was unthankful, rude, demeaning and entirely self-serving. Once the car was delivered to him he was very happy with the SUV... He even states that in his posting. He wanted to have floormats with the car. These were not promised. I bought him brand new GM floormats and freighted/shipped them to Canada at a large cost to appease him. I also sent him a DVD remote to an aftermarket DVD system that was installed in the SUV. Bruce has never taken the time to respond to his negativity in this posting that started this thread. Bruce received great service, a great truck and more than he asked for. I personally hung up on him three times while trying to eat dinner with my kids, because he didn't believe I had sent him floor mats that I did not even owe him. Months after this posting his SUV was stolen. He begged me to forward him pictures of the vehicle for his insurance. I did not respong because of his abusive ways. Karma is a thing that catches the self-serving, me-me-me folks in the end. I went above and beyond for Bruce and for extremely little in return. I did my part. Bruce, if you read this please correct your story. Sometimes buyers are way worse than sellers. This is a prime example.
<quoted text>
Patrick--you've got about as much class as a klik sandwich..If you recall your listing of the vehicle it had all the floor mats in the back of the truck in one of the pictures and you told me the "detail" people forgot to put them in it prior to you having it dropped off at the Airport Marriott Hotel where I picked it up.I gave you plenty of warning that I was flying in on the Saturday morning to pick up the vehicle.As for the remote you told me you had it sitting on your desk during one of our "pleasant" conversations.As for me asking for the pictures after the fact in regards to the truck being stolen,I wanted to see what your response was going to be to me after I read all these comments about you.The truck wasn't stolen-I was looking for your response..In closing--Buyer Beware when dealing with Mr.Dalton
MWautogroup

Olathe, KS

#37 Aug 18, 2010
You can now buy mr daltons wonderful cars from midwest auto group in Olathe KS. midwestautogroup.net They have a wonderful assortment of high mileage, late model vehicles that have great photos and wonderful descriptions. hahahahaha..........
Sean

Kansas City, MO

#38 Sep 27, 2010
You wont find his cars under his name anymore. His shops are all closed up and last i herd he had gone bankrupt. I noticed alot of his cars under a new name ATC cars. But you wont find his name as owner you will see another name with the same dalton at the end. Looks like he has moved on to another name and place to start over again
The Rat

Rowland Heights, CA

#39 Nov 2, 2010
You can know find his lying cowardly ass hiding in the back room cowering like the scumbag thief he is.

Midwest Auto Group
700 N Rogers Rd
Olathe, KS 66062
913-322-CARS
Rodbo

Germantown, TN

#40 Nov 3, 2010
Dang. Lots of bad comments about Patrick here. My experience was good. I bought a rare 2001 Lincoln LS Sport with a manual transmission. I had an issue with the stereo being broken, he said he would replace it and he did. Also sent me an owners manual, like he said he would. Sadly, I just totaled out this car (not my fault, she was taken well before her time). I put 60,000 miles on the car and thought it was a decent transaction. He always returned my calls and kept every promise he made. I'm not related, and do not know him other than buying a car from him. Sorry to hear you all had such bad experiences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What's the catch with H&R Block's free tax serv... (Jan '11) Feb 15 D_Master 8
trying to move to kansas city Feb 15 yo yo 1
News Marking Roe anniversary, abortion foes pin hope... Jan 26 Le Jimbo 28
News Mission Gateway is about to become even less in... (Apr '14) Dec '15 MR C 2
News County service centers to host drive for hygien... (Sep '15) Sep '15 ksw 2
News First same-sex couple weds in Kansas at Johnson... (Oct '14) Feb '15 n2dep2care 7
Join Us for the 12/6 Chili Dinner (Nov '14) Nov '14 Pamela Collins 1

Mission Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mission Mortgages