Catholic male students forfeit agains...

Catholic male students forfeit against female wrestler

There are 3 comments on the KCTV5 story from Feb 17, 2013, titled Catholic male students forfeit against female wrestler. In it, KCTV5 reports that:

A group of high school wrestlers were forced to forfeit their matches Saturday because of a policy, and it could end up costing them their chance at a state title and scholarship.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCTV5.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 17, 2013
I guess it's the bishop's policy. If the parents want their kids to wrestle unrestricted, they can send them to public schools.

I do not agree that this is a good policy.

The losers here are the children.

There is no good solution to this dilemma.

Title IX gives women the same opportunities as men with regard to sports in schools.

The Catholic bishop will not allow mixed gender wrestling in his private schools.

I hope this doesn't devolve into comments about whether certain Catholic priests practiced inter-sex wrestling, but it likely will.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#2 Feb 18, 2013
confused one wrote:
I guess it's the bishop's policy. If the parents want their kids to wrestle unrestricted, they can send them to public schools.
I do not agree that this is a good policy.
The losers here are the children.
There is no good solution to this dilemma.
Title IX gives women the same opportunities as men with regard to sports in schools.
The Catholic bishop will not allow mixed gender wrestling in his private schools.
I hope this doesn't devolve into comments about whether certain Catholic priests practiced inter-sex wrestling, but it likely will.
It's a tough deal for the boys.

“I'll keep it real”

Since: Feb 13

Kansas City

#3 Feb 19, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>It's a tough deal for the boys.
Yea real tough deal especially seeing that scholarship are on the line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing Man Larry Schnackenberg Found Alive (Jul '10) Nov 27 Still Wonder 221
Horror hills Nov 23 Someone 1
News Overland Park bans pit bulls (Jul '06) Nov 21 Ross 178
Where can i find some meth in Los Angeles? (Jul '15) Nov 17 Greg 4
W33d and Meds Hookup! (Oct '15) Nov 17 Greg 2
Gay white man looking for Gay latina Man. Nov 11 Clinton Establish... 2
News TKC Breaking News!!! Kansas City Activists Prot... Nov 10 davy 2

Mission Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mission Mortgages