Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda, 'antichrist' leader of Doral...

There are 7 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jul 16, 2007, titled Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda, 'antichrist' leader of Doral.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

“Be careful when you deal with me”

DORAL Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda claims to be the latest incarnation of Jesus Christ, but the modern savior has modern troubles.

The leader of the Doral-based Creciendo en Gracia, or Growing in Grace, ministry declared himself the second coming of Jesus Christ and later the Antichrist, symbolizing his opposition to traditional religious views. His followers got inked with '666' or 'SSS' ( 'Salvo Siempre Salvo' or 'Saved Always Saved') tattoos as television cameras recorded them, and an aggressive campaign against the Catholic Church got him banned from three countries. But the search for publicity might have backfired for the man who preaches there is no sin and flashes expensive watches and cars given by his followers. Details of how followers' donations also paid for real estate, business dealings and even alimony have emerged in his divorce from his second wife. The testimony in Miami-Dade court about the mixing of church and personal funds prompted the divorce judge to alert federal prosecutors. '[De Jesus] sought publicity, gained publicity and became a high-profile person attracting attention,' said cult expert Rick Ross. 'In this divorce proceeding, he probably wishes he didn't have that attention.' A former drug addict, de Jesus, 61, was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico, and eventually moved to Miami, where he founded Growing in Grace in 1986. He has denied any financial irregularities and says his congregants give him gifts. The ministry claims thousands of followers in more than 30 countries and 300 'educational centers,' including a group in Broward County. It also has a television station, TeleGracia, that broadcasts de Jesus' services. Over the weekend, it broadcast de Jesus live from Costa Rica. Other Central American countries have been less welcoming. In recent years, his followers have mounted a protest campaign against the Catholic Church, which they accuse of spreading 'demonic' teachings. They have demonstrated in various countries, including Brazil when the pope visited in May. As a result, predominantly Catholic Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador have denied de Jesus entry. De Jesus has put a positive spin on those controversies, but now he might have to explain murky finances to a higher power - the U.S. government. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Sahara

Cambridge, MA

#1 Sep 16, 2007
What idiot would give this man a dime?! I'd say he's just like you or me, but he's worse, he's scum and in the end he'll get what's coming to him.
Muhammed

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Sep 17, 2007
HERE IS PROOF THE QURAN, THE BOOK OF ISLAM, WAS WRITTEN BY A CHRISTIAN:
THIS VERSE WAS TAKEN FROM THE a QURAN's HADITH ITSELF:

Bukhari:V4B56N814
"There was a Christian who embraced Islam and he used to write the revelations for the Prophet. Later on he returned to Christianity again he used to say:“‘Mohammad knows nothing but what I have written for him.””

This verse could confirm he was a self-declared prophet, an impostor.

FAKE AND IMPOSTOR WAS MUHAMMED AND MUSLIMS WILL SPIT ON HIS GRAVE.

FEEL FREE TO DISTRIBUTE AND COPY THIS WORK
IT WILL MAKE AMERICA & THE WORLD, IMMUNE TO ISLAM
American

Springfield, MO

#3 Sep 17, 2007
Muhammed wrote:
HERE IS PROOF THE QURAN, THE BOOK OF ISLAM, WAS WRITTEN BY A CHRISTIAN:
THIS VERSE WAS TAKEN FROM THE a QURAN's HADITH ITSELF:
Bukhari:V4B56N814
"There was a Christian who embraced Islam and he used to write the revelations for the Prophet. Later on he returned to Christianity again he used to say:“‘Mohammad knows nothing but what I have written for him.””
This verse could confirm he was a self-declared prophet, an impostor.
FAKE AND IMPOSTOR WAS MUHAMMED AND MUSLIMS WILL SPIT ON HIS GRAVE.
FEEL FREE TO DISTRIBUTE AND COPY THIS WORK
IT WILL MAKE AMERICA & THE WORLD, IMMUNE TO ISLAM
Islam is one of Satan's greatest deceptions and lies, his next and final one will be the Anti-Christ of which muhammed was a forerunner (practice run). And see the evil he has accomplished.
Shirley

Centre, AL

#4 May 2, 2009
If De Jesus is truly 'God', why does he have to ride in armored vehicles?

Is God not the Alpha & Omega, Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent?

The Bible speaks about false teachers... 1 Timothy 1: 3-10

v6: Some have wandered away from these and turned to meaningless talk. 7They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.
Kenson

Aurora, IL

#5 Apr 18, 2013
Jose Miranda needs to first realize that religious writings are the writings that come from people. Of course, they tell you that they come from God, the concept they exploit, in order to have so much power over people as to make them believe that what's in the books is what's really going on.

Christ is just a fictional character, if you take into account human nature, and know people well enough to know what they are capable of, and well enough to conclude that this can only be human writings...

Then after freeing himself from the oppressive power of other people's ideas and beliefs, he can free himself from thinking of himself as some fictional character.

He simply gives people too much credit by believing them to such an extent as to want to turn himself into their imagination. There are so many vulnerable victims like that out there, who also fall prey for the ideas that cannot be proven to be untrue, but are untrue nonetheless.

(If he starts threatening to kill people, who don't believe he's Jesus, then this is a clear indication that he's suffering from a psychiatric disorder. This is what usually happens to people with delusions, which go away after the person is put on psych medications.)
Jose

Miami, FL

#6 Apr 18, 2013
My children ,cast not doubts upon me as your saviour but embrace me and my teachings.

Come one and come all this Friday night to my dwelling at 1057 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
where I shall share the word as I know it to be .

Be well my children and rejoice for I am here to guide my flock.
Jose

Miami, FL

#7 Apr 18, 2013
Shirley wrote:
If De Jesus is truly 'God', why does he have to ride in armored vehicles?
Is God not the Alpha & Omega, Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent?
The Bible speaks about false teachers... 1 Timothy 1: 3-10
v6: Some have wandered away from these and turned to meaningless talk. 7They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.
My child ,why does thou deny me?

"why does he have to ride in armored vehicles?"

Have you seen the size of the roaches this time of year?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miramar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min USAsince1680 1,233,376
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 309,888
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 53,570
Review: Red Balloon Party Rental (Sep '09) 5 hr JenSwaby 39
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr Ratloder 70,028
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) 9 hr Go Blue Forever 239
Dope market in Hollywood/broward county (Jan '13) 11 hr darkmassuniverse 64
More from around the web

Miramar People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]