Mocha Moms holds open house for mothe...

Mocha Moms holds open house for mothers of color

There are 35 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Jan 13, 2010, titled Mocha Moms holds open house for mothers of color. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A support group geared primarily for stay-at-home moms of color will host an open house on Saturday at Lions Center West.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#27 Jan 18, 2010
I love women of color, they seem to be a little easier than regular women and expect less for putting out.
Awesome stay at home MOM

Pomona, CA

#28 Jan 18, 2010
Love the Mocha Moms group and the MOMS Club ..I have been a member of both for several years. Since I have actually been in both for several years I can speak about both groups. There are only two differences between the two groups one is RACE and the other is support for working mothers. In the MOMS club I am one of two AA in my first Chapter and in my second Chapter I am the only AA. In my Mocha Moms group we have all races. In my MOMS Club group the events are built around a stay at home mothers schedule. In my Mocha Moms group the schedule is for stay at home mothers as well as working mothers.Both groups support my family with playdates, MNO events, and many other family events. I love both groups! For ANY mother these are great support groups and urge you to check them out.
The Truth

United States

#29 Jan 18, 2010
John Q Taxpayer wrote:
Hi all you vanilla flavors. For the record, the article did say early on:
"Although the majority of members are black, all mothers are welcomed regardless of race and work status."
So don't get all hurt and make it racist when it's not. Just have a vanilla vagina meeting and call it even, ok?
Hey moron...when you label it as "Mocha moms" and "of color", it's being racist. If it were labeled "vanilla moms", you don't think they would be all uppity and screaming racism? Nice try. Blacks are amoung the most racist people in the U.S.
Funny...you can have black pride, brown pride, yellow pride, etc...but as soon as you insert "white", it's racist.....F'ing black double standards!
John Q Taxpayer

La Verne, CA

#30 Jan 19, 2010
Please answer me this: What if someone's moms is white (Irish blood) and the dad is Mexican (American)...is this a bi-racial person? And are they Mex or white?? They are American for sure, but how would you judge this person as far as categorizing race?? Are they white? Hisp?? Thanks for all answers, even the rude ones.
A mom

Oxnard, CA

#31 Jan 26, 2010
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey moron...when you label it as "Mocha moms" and "of color", it's being racist. If it were labeled "vanilla moms", you don't think they would be all uppity and screaming racism? Nice try. Blacks are amoung the most racist people in the U.S.
Funny...you can have black pride, brown pride, yellow pride, etc...but as soon as you insert "white", it's racist.....F'ing black double standards!
You guys are sad , you talk about a group being rascist, then spout all these negative comments. I see nothing wrong with a group of women supporting each other, especially if you live in a place like Oregon where mostly everyone is white and you are constantly stared at, a little support so you know you're not alone is great. Grow up people. I can't believe there are still ppl who believe these crazy things. Sad really, I will pray for you all.
A Mom

Oxnard, CA

#32 Jan 26, 2010
39ehonor wrote:
<quoted text> So, you have ugly biracial mulatto mongrel kids also? lol
Did you really just say that? You dont find that a evil disgusting statement. You need to examine yourself if a statement like that about babies doesnt bother you. Something is wrong, I think you need help and really soon.Im so serious and Im sad for you, please get help.
The Truth

United States

#33 Jan 26, 2010
A mom wrote:
<quoted text> You guys are sad , you talk about a group being rascist, then spout all these negative comments.
Negative yes, racist, no. Answer me why other group (blacks specifically) can have black pride, call whites crackers, etc... But if a White person has "White pride", or says the N word, they are racist. You cant have a set of double standards.

A mom wrote:
<quoted text> I see nothing wrong with a group of women supporting each other, especially if you live in a place like Oregon where mostly everyone is white and you are constantly stared at, a little support so you know you're not alone is great. Grow up people. I can't believe there are still ppl who believe these crazy things. Sad really, I will pray for you all.
See, the problem is that they label their club "the mocha moms", which implies the color of their skin. That gives off a vibe of racism. If it were labeled "Vanilla moms", blacks WOULD be screaming they are a racist group. You and I both know that. Why not just call it "(insert name here) Moms". Why does skin color have to be inserted? That's racist, pure and simple.
A Mom

Oxnard, CA

#34 Jan 27, 2010
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative yes, racist, no. Answer me why other group (blacks specifically) can have black pride, call whites crackers, etc... But if a White person has "White pride", or says the N word, they are racist. You cant have a set of double standards.
<quoted text>
See, the problem is that they label their club "the mocha moms", which implies the color of their skin. That gives off a vibe of racism. If it were labeled "Vanilla moms", blacks WOULD be screaming they are a racist group. You and I both know that. Why not just call it "(insert name here) Moms". Why does skin color have to be inserted? That's racist, pure and simple.
You dont get it, the club is not just for "blacks" as you put it and you dont have to label a club vanilla moms, because you know when you go to a club there are going to be non minorities there. So tired of people complaining when something is geared toward non minorities. Have you noticed that a big portion of television, movies, etc.. are majority white? Does that bother you? So why does this club? You know what we as black ppl just need to invent our own language and then maybe it wont be such a big deal. No one is complaining about the clubs geared toward Latin Americans, Native Americans and others. Why is that? Lets not make this a black white issue, that is so tired. The club is open to Black people, Asian people, Native American people, NOT JUST BLACKS. Also if you can read, wish since you're posting I presume you can, it does say white mothers are welcome too.
John Q Taxpayer

La Verne, CA

#35 Jan 27, 2010
It is not open to single men. Oh well. Maybe there's too many stay at home moms....they're the ones getting hot and bothered about this mocha mom crew.
2 cents

Los Angeles, CA

#36 Jan 27, 2010
we're getting a group of white-only moms together and ... oh wait a minute ... that would be racist wouldn't it?
A Mom

Oxnard, CA

#37 Jan 28, 2010
2 cents wrote:
we're getting a group of white-only moms together and ... oh wait a minute ... that would be racist wouldn't it?
Ok, Im done with this. God bless everyone, have a good 2010!
MM Jac

Dublin, CA

#38 Feb 5, 2010
2 cents wrote:
They're a dime a dozen in every city. You'll have no prob finding what you're looking for.
MOMMA

Murfreesboro, TN

#39 Apr 27, 2011
Do you know as a black woman how many things I take my children to and we are the only blacks. This is not a healthy thing for my children to experience. The real world shows diversity but, alot of communities do not. I do not think you are a person of color because you would probably see things differently. If you do not know what it is like to live in another persons reality don't judge try and learn.
yeah right

United States

#40 Apr 28, 2011
MOMMA wrote:
Do you know as a black woman how many things I take my children to and we are the only blacks. This is not a healthy thing for my children to experience. The real world shows diversity but, alot of communities do not. I do not think you are a person of color because you would probably see things differently. If you do not know what it is like to live in another persons reality don't judge try and learn.
first off, black are approximately 13% of the population so odds are you are the only black person at any given time. Second, you're not the only race who has endured strife in their lives. Native Americans, Italians, Jews, ect.. have all experienced hardships. Only blacks continue to hold on to the "poor me " attitude. Also, if it was a group of white women named "the vanilla mom's ", racism would be claimed, even if all colors were welcomed. If there was a channel called WET, it would be racist. But BET is not. Double standards are getting old.
The Nightmare

United States

#41 Apr 29, 2011
Where Were They Then wrote:
What a lovely group and a wonderful cause!!! I looked at their website and wished that we could have had something like this when I was raising my children. Go Mocha Moms!!!!!
Perhaps it is a good cause. However, if the organizer of such an event was smart, with so many "Mocha" moms in attendance, they would hide all the jewelry and any other items of value in the house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mira Loma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr Trojan 32,715
News San Bernardino, others cracking down on panhand... (Oct '10) 20 hr RGregory0321 76
News San Bernardino County code enforcement using ne... (Feb '10) Tue annoymous 19
News Verdicts reached in Lake Gregory molestation case (Sep '10) Jan 15 Capn Jonathan Harco 8
Explosion Sounds?????? (Dec '09) Jan 14 Ranger 70
News Charter Oak takes charge (Dec '08) Jan 12 Wiseguy 26
News Missing thyroid mystery (Oct '09) Jan 11 Leo 16

Mira Loma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mira Loma Mortgages