First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cathy

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Sep 6, 2006
Does anybody have any info on Swan Lake, the mobilehome park on Hamner? I'd love all the input I can get before considering purchasing there.
SWAN LAKE RESIDENT

San Diego, CA

#2 Oct 30, 2006
I sure hope you did not go through with the purchase. This place is full of a bunch of drug dealers, theifs and other unpleasant people. There is quite a bit of racism here too.
Swan Lake bills you for your utilities and our bills are higher than that of a house without an air conditioner. Between our water, gas and electricity the total was over $600 for a 1400 sq ft mobile home. Space rent is also very high for the area the usual range is $500-$1000 (USUALLY about $800). The "Swan Lake" is more like a filthy Swamp! This place is full of mosquitoes and stinks. This place is filthy and there is no one to pick up trash on the grounds. The rovers are here just to write you up for the trash that flies in your yard on windy days and to tell you not to park in the front of your house to quickly unload groceries. The gate is a nightmare and does not work a lot of times. When it malfunctions you are forced to wait in a huge line to get into the gate to get home.
itsover

United States

#3 Oct 30, 2006
SWAN LAKE RESIDENT wrote:
I sure hope you did not go through with the purchase. This place is full of a bunch of drug dealers, theifs and other unpleasant people. There is quite a bit of racism here too.
Swan Lake bills you for your utilities and our bills are higher than that of a house without an air conditioner. Between our water, gas and electricity the total was over $600 for a 1400 sq ft mobile home. Space rent is also very high for the area the usual range is $500-$1000 (USUALLY about $800). The "Swan Lake" is more like a filthy Swamp! This place is full of mosquitoes and stinks. This place is filthy and there is no one to pick up trash on the grounds. The rovers are here just to write you up for the trash that flies in your yard on windy days and to tell you not to park in the front of your house to quickly unload groceries. The gate is a nightmare and does not work a lot of times. When it malfunctions you are forced to wait in a huge line to get into the gate to get home.
100% correct
donny dont purchase

AOL

#4 Apr 14, 2007
swan lake is trash........
it is one of the worst places to live..
the person who wrote the letter above is 100 percent right!!!!!!!!!!
john

United States

#5 Jan 5, 2008
Cathy wrote:
Does anybody have any info on Swan Lake, the mobilehome park on Hamner? I'd love all the input I can get before considering purchasing there.
Yes rent is high to keep out all the trash. Utilities don't run that high i run my ac almost every day thruout the summer and never payed more than 80.00 for electricity. Utilities combined during the summer never total more than 130.00. If you are haseled by the rovers it's because you probably deserved it. Yes Mira Loma is stinky it borders norco and chino witch are dairy comunities. I had never witnesed any racisam when i lived there don't know were that came from. To get into this park you go thru a background check and credit check i would asume most drug dealers and gang bangers would not pass!
XrockergirlX

United States

#6 Jan 13, 2008
Rent is high because the owner(s) are greedy assholes. All they care about is getting paid. Google "Jeffrey Kaplan" + "Thomas Tatum" +"mobilehome" and see what you get. I heard recently the park was sold to KB Homes, but there have been so many rumors I am skeptical. You can get a spacious home in here for pretty cheap, and there are peacocks and stuff which is cool. Just know what you are getting into and for God's sake, if you have kids, be responsible for them if you move in here. Lots of potential trouble for them to get into. Also - the gate is NOT a secure gate, anyone and everyone can walk into the park (and drive out in a stolen car if that's the way they roll). Be warned, and be informed.
XXtineedancerXX

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Mar 6, 2008
I'm looking into buying possibly there. I like the surrounding area. I grew up in Chino Hills so i'm used to the cow poo smell. I have 2 kids and 3 dogs. I'm tired of renting and I want to move into a safe and quiet neghberhood to raise them, at least for a few years until we can afford to buy a house. Is this a good place to do that.
XrockergirlX

United States

#8 Mar 14, 2008
XXtineedancerXX, DON'T DO IT!! you're still going to be renting in Swan Lake. I have heard that new residents are paying over $1000 a month, plus add your loan payment for the mobilehome on top of that plus utilities.

not much of a place to raise children, either: some of the kids in here are like South Park characters come to life...cursing a blue streak and doing God only knows what. of course if your kids are raised right maybe they will avoid that crowd and/or be a positive influence on them.

plus the 3 dogs won't fly in here unless you sneak them in - but then be prepared for possible trouble. ridiculous rules about only 20 lbs. of animals per space - if we own the homes and keep our pets inside OUR homes WE OWN, it's none of their business! but even AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERDS are supposedly not allowed here. not many tenants pay attention but you will be harassed by management if they have nothing better to do.

FYI the way home prices and interest rates are right now, you could probably afford a spacious fixer-upper in a reasonably nice neighborhood for the same or less $$$ than you will pay per month in Swamp Lake.

good luck finding a nice place for you and your family, but avoid swan lake if you can help it. there are other mobile home parks in corona that are a lot nicer.=)
Tristina

Gaylord, MI

#9 Sep 7, 2008
Cathy wrote:
I am sixteen and i came acroos this when looking for an old friend that lived their. The place is not a place for kids, the rovers don't clean nothing the swan lake is very nasty( their were dformed animals and unmentionables). They are very racist. There is poop everywhere. The best thing though was the pool, that was the best lookin pool ive everseen. It all looks so beautiful until you move in. Im from michigan and back in michigan and i never new what meth was until i moved there. Two houses blew up in the back because of it. At my bus stop wich was the basketball court there was kids and teens doin drugs, fighting at all hours. Poeole are really careless. People would go car hoppin and rob people. Aslo my friend two houses down from me at the time had got there windows shot and robbed over some false rumors. Their are thieves there.

But thats just what i saw.
t-man

AOL

#11 Oct 5, 2008
This place will ripe you off -
They are racist too.
t-man

AOL

#12 Oct 5, 2008
If your brown youre allowed to park in front of your house all day and have 20 familes move in.
if your white you have to move your car or they will tow it and cant move anyone in.
MARY

Torrance, CA

#13 Mar 23, 2009
t-man wrote:
If your brown youre allowed to park in front of your house all day and have 20 familes move in.
if your white you have to move your car or they will tow it and cant move anyone in.
R U SERIOUSE.....NOW WHO IS SHOWING YOUR TRUE COLORS.....I THINK YOU HAVE A COLOR PROBLEM.....SWAN LAKE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT....IF YOU LIVE THERE AND STAY OUT OF THE WRONG THINGS YOULL BE JUST FIND...BUT IF YOUR NOT INVOLVED WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE HOW WOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT ALL THAT'S GONE WRONG IN THERE IN THE 1ST PLACE....GIVE ME A BREAK THE PARK RULE IS 15 MIN....LOADING AND UN--LOADING IN FRONT OF HOME...AND WE ALL NEW THAT MOVING IN...WAS MADE VERY CLEAR!
mother of 4

Riverside, CA

#14 Mar 26, 2009
XXtineedancerXX wrote:
I'm looking into buying possibly there. I like the surrounding area. I grew up in Chino Hills so i'm used to the cow poo smell. I have 2 kids and 3 dogs. I'm tired of renting and I want to move into a safe and quiet neghberhood to raise them, at least for a few years until we can afford to buy a house. Is this a good place to do that.
Please dont move your children there try bravo mobile park or jurupa hills. The atmosphere at swan lake is not for children!!! About the drugs is true as well as the class of people. I suggest you drive through and check things out on your own first. go through in the day and maybe on a sat. night as well. see the rif-raf yourself. If they let you in the gate. as far as the cost. drug dealers make a lot of money if they do it right so the high rent will not necessarilly defer bad people.
oncelivedthere

Georgetown, TX

#15 Jul 3, 2009
Its true...all the bad comments...its all true. lived there for 2 years. worst two years in my life. even if you tried to stay away from the bad people MARY, they figure out how to get to you. my car got broken into 5 times and i have the police reports to prove that! my house two times. not to mention that they stole everything from tv to trash cans! i was there through two drive bys... i thought this was a safe place for my kids. Wrong!! I payed $850 for space rent and it goes up 10 percent every year. Good luck if you move there. Go talk to some people there, ask for their opinion. I can tell you, you will have a change of mind!
No-one

Riverside, CA

#16 Aug 9, 2009
If you are looking to move your children in there please check Megans Law website for sex offenders first....I think you will surprized at what you find at Swan Lake!
VatoLoco

United States

#17 Sep 21, 2009
This place is full of fail don't move here.
There's drugs, Thugs, and buttplugs.
MomOf2

United States

#18 Jan 12, 2010
Thugs hang out and do drugs down at the bus stop where I pick my kid up every day. They openly drink 40ozs and then chuck the bottles into the lake. The "rovers" do nothing... All the rovers are residents and some I've seen partying right along side the drug dealers. There's no real security service. There are drugs dealers... Everywhere. All the time. Big time meth problem. People walk the streets at all hours.

I've lived here for 5 years. I'm white, and I don't feel afraid. Most of the people are quite nice, and don't bother you if you don't bother them, just be respectful. It's just sad, it's an ecconomically depressed area, the rent is as high as the residents, but most homes have several families packed inside. The adults and teens openly drink and use drugs together in public. Just because there are some major substance abuse issues doesn't mean the people are evil, the meth-heads mostly commit crimes on each other. There is a strong police presence, not a lot of violent crime, just a lot of drugs. We're a young couple with young kids and this place is just a stepping stone... No way will I be here in a couple of years. I would have never bought a home in here if I knew the extent of the problem... The place looks nice at first.
Jamie Jones

Rancho Cordova, CA

#19 Apr 29, 2010
Rovers are hired to protect park property and are not permitted to "party" with the residents. Their job performance is closely scrutinized by everyone in the park to include the maintenance lead who drives around all hours of the day and night spying and creating lies to harrass them about. Your beef should be with MCM Management..they mandate what can and cannot be done by all park employees.
MomOf2 wrote:
Thugs hang out and do drugs down at the bus stop where I pick my kid up every day. They openly drink 40ozs and then chuck the bottles into the lake. The "rovers" do nothing... All the rovers are residents and some I've seen partying right along side the drug dealers. There's no real security service. There are drugs dealers... Everywhere. All the time. Big time meth problem. People walk the streets at all hours.
I've lived here for 5 years. I'm white, and I don't feel afraid. Most of the people are quite nice, and don't bother you if you don't bother them, just be respectful. It's just sad, it's an ecconomically depressed area, the rent is as high as the residents, but most homes have several families packed inside. The adults and teens openly drink and use drugs together in public. Just because there are some major substance abuse issues doesn't mean the people are evil, the meth-heads mostly commit crimes on each other. There is a strong police presence, not a lot of violent crime, just a lot of drugs. We're a young couple with young kids and this place is just a stepping stone... No way will I be here in a couple of years. I would have never bought a home in here if I knew the extent of the problem... The place looks nice at first.
Confidential

Schiller Park, IL

#20 Oct 30, 2010
Cathy wrote:
I have lived here for 15 years raised my children here. There are both part of Calvary Chapel now and I had not problems just the usual while raising my children. There was no problems when I moved here but it did go through some while I was here now is so cleaned up. It's affordable and we can afford to live in these hard time and go on vacation. I trust my neighbor's on both sides of me. No matter where you live there is element. I will continue to live here another 15 years.
Sue

Riverside, CA

#21 Oct 31, 2010
Confidential wrote:
<quoted text>
I have lived here for 15 years raised my children here. There are both part of Calvary Chapel now and I had not problems just the usual while raising my children. There was no problems when I moved here but it did go through some while I was here now is so cleaned up. It's affordable and we can afford to live in these hard time and go on vacation. I trust my neighbor's on both sides of me. No matter where you live there is element. I will continue to live here another 15 years.
I have been here a year and half. The people that are complainging are the ones that don't like to follow the rules.Neighbors look out for each other. kids love to fish at the lake. Yes it isn't sky blue,but it reminds me of living in the South. As far a sex offenders? check out a supposedly good expensive area. You will be shocked at what you find. Not here. As far as drug dealers. Check out any neighborhood. Check out the Wealthy ones. Thats where you find them. Kids will be kids anywhere. I have never been disrespected. Car never broken into. It is quiet and peaceful. Kids play and ride bkes and scooters and laugh all day. I feel safer here than I did in my home in Costa Mesa or Hollywood especially. Want some crime? Check out crime rate anywhere. My son lives in Fontana and forgot to check out the registered sex offenders there. Now he is scared. Check it out. Every neighborhood will have their problems. This is just a neighborhood with the same as any other. We are what we make it to be. I will be here as long as I can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mira Loma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lesbian snapchat users? 1 hr Mischelle 40
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 29,059
Apple Valley teen escapes from juvenile hall, i... (May '10) Sat Jackii 7
Demolition of Sunkist site marks the end of an era (Apr '10) Sat Ginger Hotard 20
Slaying victim remembered 7 years later (Mar '08) Sat nikki 4
Pastor charged with bigamy (Apr '10) Feb 26 Tamela Lynn 23
Dunkina Donuts opening Upland drive-thru on Mar... Feb 26 srg5748 1

Winter Storm Warning for Riverside County was issued at March 01 at 9:29PM PST

Mira Loma News Video

Mira Loma Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mira Loma People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]