'Murder ranch' mania

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

There's not much left of Wineville these days - it's mostly known today as Mira Loma - but almost 80 years ago it was the scene of one of the Inland Empire's most bizarre crimes.
Comments
41 - 58 of 58 Comments Last updated Feb 19, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
abcdefghijklmnop qrstuvwxy

Palm Harbor, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2009

so i watched the movie changeling and in the middle of the night i cried cuz i though he was coming after me even though i was a girl
Just Courious

Big Bear Lake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

noemi alvarado wrote:
Hi i wanted to know more about this story..because since yesturday evening i have gotten calls and neighbors knocking on my door showing me pictures of a magazine article where they told the story of what happend in 1928 in winville...Well i want to know more I live in 6330 wineville ave..and the house that is in the picture of the magazine where that man lived is our front house...hes chicken coop is now my drive way..All this is happening so fast ive lived here for the last 20 years and never heard this story before in my life.
Do you have any problems with ghosts?
tandarat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2009

I had run across this story in 2002 after we purchased a home in Mira Loma, and I was looking for some good "infamous" history in the area for some halloween stories. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but certainly nothing like this. I could only find a story from the Rubidoux Historical Society, written in 1988, and one or two blurbs on serial killer sites, but nothing more. I tried calling people, researched in local libraries (but not Ontario...different county), and the like, but found very little information, which was frustrating and a little puzzling.

Of course now, there is information EVERYWHERE. We finally got to see the movie tonight (daughter is with grandma), and I was a little put off by some of the inaccuracies, particularly the omission of the involvement of Northcott's mother and father, and the inference that significant remains were found of at least one boy. They also neglected to mention the Mexican boy whose body had been found earlier. Literary license, I know, but I think the inclusion of psycho ma and pop even more frightening. Things were much more gruesome than portrayed.

It was interesting to see the house - I thought I had recognized it, but couldn't place it. It is right down the road from a cute little place we looked at while shopping for a house.

Now, does anyone know if Northcott did for a fact pimp these boys out to a pedophilia ring before he killed them? I don't remember reading that before tonight while I was researching some of the "new" finds I made.

Thanks....
sweet

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Hello all

Just watched the movie. Wow.

So many unanswered questions.

Did she every marry?
Why is the house on the list shown as built in 1930 when Walter went missing in 1928.

What happened to Cyrus

What happened to Northcott's mother after she was parolled etc.

Any information greatly appreciated.
meg

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

I saw the movie ''Changeling",its so sad im only 12 but i feel sorrow for Walter and his mother.
David

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2009

One of the victims was a poor young Mexican boy found headless in La Puente, kind of like that Sleepy Hollow story with the Headless Horseman but this must have been more ethnic, maybe the Headless Gardner?
Melanie

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2009

I went and saw the house yesterday... It does still stand (sadly) and the chicken coops, from what we could tell, were gone. It was sold in March of this year, and a woman came to the window as we approached and promptly shut the blinds. We went around the block and parked at a house behind it that was for sale and kind of got a peek into the back yard, but there are so many tress surrounding the property. We asked a few neighbors, but no one we spoke to had even heard of what went on there over 80 years ago. It appeared that whoever lives there actually has a child in this house! There were a few toys strewn around the house. If it were me, I would buy the house and have it bulldozed to the ground.... It was a VERY erie and creepy feeling there, and you can defenitly feel that something very horrible happened there. We were glad we went to see the house, and I personally think Christine Collins was a hero.....
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

How can that house on 6330 be the original house when it was built in 1930, the murder's happened in 1928. The house is for sale by the way..
More about it

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

There is a web site that says the house was recently sold for $95,000. That makes it the cheapest house in the neighborhood. Other houses in the area are priced in the average range of $170,000 -$200,000 average price range.

More media resources on the Wineville Chicken Ranch Murders:

Wineville Chicken coop murder site:

6330 wineville ave
Mira loma, California

Road out of hell

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1402768699/r...

1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf _rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=05D 3WQ680VDTQXZ

W4QGZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_r d_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=5078 46

http://www.amazon.com/Nothing-Strange-You-Ste...

436366267/ref=pd_sim_b_1
More about it

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

There is a web site that says the house was recently sold for $95,000. That makes it the cheapest house in the neighborhood. Other houses in the area are priced in the average range of $170,000 -$200,000 average price range.

More media resources on the Wineville Chicken Ranch Murders:

Wineville Chicken coop murder site:

6330 wineville ave
Mira loma, California

Road out of hell
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1402768699/r ...

1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf _rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=05D 3WQ680VDTQXZ

W4QGZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_r d_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=5078 46

http://www.amazon.com/Nothing-Strange-You-Ste...
lala

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

i saw the movie and now i am intwrested in the story!!! good info!!
lala

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

hey its me again that guy is a sycopath and his poor nephew and those kids!!! omg that is one scary storie and movie!!
lala

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

tata for now!!
ssangra

Pune, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

In the summer of 2006 me, my father and sister visited an East Indian family staying on emerald street in the colony opposite the road there. We were visiting from India. During our stay we had strange experiences..being used to summer we used to walk around the colony and on winville road footpath. Often this house across the road did not seem happy or right... in the house where we visited the lights of the bathroom would go off suddenly and come on again without reason. On inspection the fittings and bulbs were ok...at times the bed wud shake a bit...the feeling of being watched remained in the upper rooms and some parts of the building felt lonely and sad. One night, my sister who slept in same room woke up, jumped into my bed shaking in fear... she was almost incoherent with fear...she cud not explain what frightened her but recalls a feeling of utter dread that suddenly came on...today as she remembers she does not ever want to feel that kind of feeling again. She says she did not see anything just had a sudden feeling. That night we slept ...but at around 2:45 , 3 am I woke feeling chilled to the bone..was drowsy and as I opened my eyes saw a cold mist above my head which disappeared as soon as I became awake. Being new to USA climate I thought it was the cold ...but later on we learned from the family that they had experienced such events too and had not told us so we don't get scared. They have kept a few religious books around so as to scare away anything that may be causing these disturbances. Our stay there was not exactly happy either though later nothing disturbed us again and LA was as beautiful as ever specially the view of the San Bernandino hills particularly Mount Baldy. After coming back home to India was reminicing abt the beautiful hills and came across this article on Wineville to my utter shock. The area we stayed in must have been overgrown with grass when these sad events happened. Possibly the murderer also disposed off or murdered people in the plot in front across the road....could that have been the reason for the strangeness we encountered. My sister and I want to know if anything was ever found in the plot opposite the road where an entire colony has come up across the wineville road?
Anthony Saucedo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

noemi alvarado wrote:
Hi i wanted to know more about this story..because since yesturday evening i have gotten calls and neighbors knocking on my door showing me pictures of a magazine article where they told the story of what happend in 1928 in winville...Well i want to know more I live in 6330 wineville ave..and the house that is in the picture of the magazine where that man lived is our front house...hes chicken coop is now my drive way..All this is happening so fast ive lived here for the last 20 years and never heard this story before in my life.
I head (PARAHUNTS) YES, we are para normal investigators, and we would love to come by your house ,with your permission of course and investigate there at the site.We have reason to believe not not just your residence is haunted but the whole area in which you live .If you would like you can email me back @ beetlgeist@aol.com and I will personally get back to you .I'm sure you'd like to know whats going on as much as we at (PARAHUNTS) WOULD LIKE TO INVESTIGATE . Sincerly ANTHONY SAUCEDO of PARAHUNTS
Dirty Pothead Cops

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Public hangings need to be brought back
question everything

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Norcott's claim they had to kill the boys becuase they know to much.(about what)Stewart claims in court and to an inmate in jail that he was renting out the boys to wealthy and Hollywood people for sex in the surrounding area.(could this be what they ment by the boys know to much).He also said that he had taken up to 20 kids.He gave a list of people who he was renting out the boys to,Riverside county courts never made the list public.They believe this all took place between 1926 to Aug 1928.
The Norconian Resort in near by Norco started building the resort in 1926.In May 1928(3 month before Norcott gets arrest)The Norconian had a big party to celibrate the opening of the pool at the resort.Many big name hollywood stars and wealthy important people attended.Could this be the people Norcott talked about.?????????
hapiii18

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

I AGREE 100%

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mira Loma Discussions

Search the Mira Loma Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr facts faced 15,929
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr texas gov booked 200,554
test 4 hr IWTA 1
Strange 4 hr IWTA 1
Owner of Michael Jackson's Former Neverland Ran... 9 hr Jermaine 7 127
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 hr Bruin For Life 26,952
Strange smell in the air (May '13) Tue chito 12
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Riverside County was issued at August 20 at 7:00AM PDT

•••
•••

Mira Loma News Video

•••
Mira Loma Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mira Loma Jobs