Warehouse workers say Wal-Mart respon...

Warehouse workers say Wal-Mart responsible for poor conditions

There are 2 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Dec 1, 2012, titled Warehouse workers say Wal-Mart responsible for poor conditions. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Lawyers for Inland Empire warehouse workers are raising the stakes in a legal battle with Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

OnceAgain

United States

#1 Dec 3, 2012
What a shock - ANOTHER story where walmart is not behaving in an ethical fashion? Unbelievable. Let me take a guess - walmart didn't know about the treatment of these workers because they are not "walmart employees". Walmart can't believe how the company it contracted to do the work is treating THEIR workers. If I didn't know what a wonderful company walmart is I would start believing that whenever they wanted to do something unethical they simply use a middle man so they can maintain plausible deniability. I mean it wasn't walmart who locked those slave labor workers in that factory that burned up - it was that terrible vendor - walmart NEVER knew. In this case it is the warehouse contractor they hired treating their workers so horribly bad - walmart NEVER knew.

If I didn't know what a fine and upstanding company walmart was I would think that there is almost a pattern here. Strange coincidence..... again.
Dan Salazar

Long Beach, CA

#2 Dec 3, 2012
The Unions must be obeyed.
Californians fully supports putting WalMart in a position where they have no alternative but to close their stores and whses in California.

The closures have no impact on Union families so the thousands of jobs won't be missed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mira Loma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rip the pimp. Early 90s 5 hr Intrested 1
News Water stock offered on Web (Jul '08) 23 hr boxman0103gmailcom 10
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 23 Trojan 32,307
News WildomarCOMMUNITY NOTES: Jehovah's Witnesses to... Jul 22 Caciques a liar 7
News Pomona's Madison Park renamed Tony Cerda Park (Sep '08) Jul 22 Kaluah 40
lesbian or straigh snapchat names (Oct '15) Jul 21 Becky 6
News Gang members sentenced (Mar '07) May '16 Betfaw 41

Mira Loma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mira Loma Mortgages