Seven Charged In Killing Falcons, Hawks To Protect Pigeons

Full story: KNBC Los Angeles

Seven Southland residents have been charged with beating and shooting Peregrine falcons and hawks to death because they wanted to protect pigeons used in flying competitions, prosecutors said Thursday.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Jan 13, 2014
donna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Judged:

As far as I'm concerned pigeons are nothing but winged rats and the falcons and hawks are doing all of us a favor when they kill these pigeons.
Marie

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Judged:

WTH? Who raises these inbreds?

“Airborne mama on a oneway trip”

Since: Apr 08

Littlerock, Ca

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Judged:

Is it the fault of those raising the pigeons to roll hence giving the impression to the hawk that the pigeon is injured. Or is it the fault of the hawk who is going on instinct. These poeple who raise these pigeons know that the rolling causes hawks to attack the bird yet they still breed them, so if anybody should get shot it should be the breeders. Not necessarily shot and killed a little to drastic for killing a hawk, but maybe a little buck shot to the a**.
Pony

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Judged:

I say it's time to test out my new shotgun on some pigeons.
Karenopa

Cave Junction, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2008

Judged:

The practice of Pigeon Racing shouldn't even be allowed. These pigeons have no say in being forced into these ridiculous competitions and the owners are endangering their safety by putting them out there where the hawks and falcons can attack them. I consider this to be cruelty to them. They're defenseless against these raptors. To kill the raptors is a federal offense. The penalty of 6 mos. for these offenders isn't long enough considering they're all just lousey criminals whether they're racing pigeons or killing raptors!!
Sol Rosenberg

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

Judged:

The number of raptors are overpopulated now. It isn't an issue anymore with some species e.g. bald eagle.
eowyn

Hillsboro, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

Judged:

Pigeons are no more winged rats than you are. In fact humans are more filthy and diseased than pigeon populations.

But the real issue here is the fact that some dummies raised pigeons that they value, and yet they allowed them to fly around where they were exposed to predators. It is their own fault they put the pigeons at risk.
eowyn

Hillsboro, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

Judged:

state RN wrote:
Is it the fault of those raising the pigeons to roll hence giving the impression to the hawk that the pigeon is injured. Or is it the fault of the hawk who is going on instinct. These poeple who raise these pigeons know that the rolling causes hawks to attack the bird yet they still breed them, so if anybody should get shot it should be the breeders. Not necessarily shot and killed a little to drastic for killing a hawk, but maybe a little buck shot to the a**.
lol
Tyler Durden

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

i have roller pigeons and plan and do kill hawks and falcons whenever i can! there species are being proliferate by fish and game for the sole purpose of eliminating pigeons. whether feral or not. my birds cost anywhere between 50 to 500 dollars a piece! if a man broke in your home to steal or kill would u not defend it?? i am top of the food chain! not the falcon or hawk! they do what they have to.... i do as well! survival of the fittest! maybe your time could be better spent worrying about the starving children of the world? or worrying about criminals who rob steal and assult others?? damn tree huggers you are all hipocrites! worry about a bird but not your fellow man??
brian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

I raised rock doves before but would never kill native raptors. Pigeons are non native and a bit of a nuisance although I like them. Top of the food chain and bottom of the mental chain you are. Leave the native birds alone dummy.
Whitewinger

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

May we all eat squab....and may your pet pigeons
Bring you home a case of the bird flu.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Riverside County was issued at August 01 at 10:00PM PDT

•••
•••

Mira Loma News Video

•••
•••

Mira Loma Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••