Corona residents fear Foothill Parkwa...

Corona residents fear Foothill Parkway project will create traffic

There are 61 comments on the The Press-Enterprise story from Apr 26, 2007, titled Corona residents fear Foothill Parkway project will create traffic. In it, The Press-Enterprise reports that:

“Everybody going south on the 15 and west on the 91 is going to find out real quick that Foothill Parkway is a great place to go”

Discussion began in the 1980s about the need for an additional connector road linking Corona's west and south ends. via The Press-Enterprise

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Press-Enterprise.

Just IN

AOL

#42 Sep 10, 2008
FOOTHILL PARKWAY WESTERLY EXTENSION PROJECT
The draft environmental impact report (EIR) for the Foothill Parkway Westerly Extension project has begun it�s 45 day public comment period. From September 2nd to 5 PM on Thursday, October 16th the public will be able to review the draft EIR and provide written comments regarding the project. The Draft EIR will be available for review at the Public Works and Community Development Departments at City Hall (400 S. Vicentia) or the Corona Public Library (650 S. Main St.). It is also available at www.foothillwest.com .

The extension of Foothill Parkway has been planned since the mid-1980s when it was included in the Sierra Del Oro General Plan Amendment. In 2004, it was included in the City's General Plan Update.

The Foothill Parkway Westerly Extension Project is designed to improve east/west traffic flow through the southern portion of the city and provide a parallel route to Ontario Avenue. The Westerly Extension Project will construct two new miles of Foothill Parkway from Skyline Drive to Paseo Grande at Green River. Connections to the new section of Foothill Parkway from both Mangular Avenue via Chase Drive and Border Avenue are also being considered as part of the overall project.
Loki

Eden Prairie, MN

#43 Sep 17, 2008
Chris from Corcoran is an idiot. I doubt he read the report as if he did he'd realized that this parkway would actually decrease congestion along this parkway.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#44 Sep 18, 2008
I think you missed the point. The initial post isn't against the parkway...just opening the small avenues to it. Loki is an idiot for not learning how to read; another victim of the publik skool system.

Everyone knows Corona is Centrex Home's bee-atch on this one. The end game is to sell the new homes at the top of the hill.

Too bad all the illegals defaulted on their loans and plunged prices and demand.

I could care less if the small streets are opened; finish the stupid thing all ready and help the traffic flow all ready.
Trevorness

Norco, CA

#45 Oct 5, 2008
OK, late to the game by more than a year. This is a serious post about the old topic:

Isn't it true that even if we stopped the border connection Mabey Canyon Road would still be the exit of choice? In fact, won't that be the case anyway? Why come east to just go back west again passing Mabey Canyon Road twice?
no for NOLAN

Corona, CA

#46 Oct 10, 2008
DO NOT RE-ELECT MR. Backwoods BBQ restaurant owner STEVE NOLAN!!! He wants to destroy neighborhoods in and around CORONA for more businesses!!! He wants the RE Market to crash so he can imminent domain homes left and right and make Corona the next Compton when he can't even get all the businesses rented out that sit empty and build on all the vacant commercial land sitting empty and weed infested! Also why doesn't he clean up the mess he hangs his signs all over - Like the Nursery he kicked out of town and then let the land rott and have all the gangs destroy and tag the whole area!!!! DUH!!! NO MORE NOLAN!!!! NO NOLAN!!!
City council no NOLAN

Corona, CA

#47 Oct 10, 2008
no snakes in city council. corona is a family town not a commercial mecca we want family restored not destroyed no to nolan no nolan
no more nolan no more nolan no more nolan no more nolan no more nolan no more nolan no more nolan no more nolan for city council no more nolan for city council no more nolan for city council no more nolan for city council no more nolan stop this cycle before he becomes mayor or govenor stop nolans political career he wants corona to finance his restaurant no more nolan no more nolan for city council no more nolan for city council
NO SNAKES IN CITY COUNCIL

Corona, CA

#48 Oct 10, 2008
NO DIRTY POLITICIAN SNAKES ALLOWED IN CITY COUNCIL.
TireSpinner

United States

#49 Oct 11, 2008
I've heard Nolan's snake. He ain't gettin' my vote.

Since: Jul 08

Anaheim, CA

#50 Oct 13, 2008
Anyone who is in office is not getting my vote. This "redevelopment" they have planned is a waste of tax dollars. Do we also need to mention the failed WiFi access or how they botched the whole thing with Edison to make their own power?
sunrose

AOL

#51 Oct 13, 2008
Isn't Nolan the same person that was involved in that hit and run some months ago?

MCC

“Editor”

Since: Aug 07

Corona, CA

#52 Dec 29, 2009
What's the latest on this project?
yo this be guido

Los Angeles, CA

#53 Dec 29, 2009
Bc 951........god your dumb, i want an application where you work in the OC. Your coworker is probably a monkey with a typewriter.
Adobe Ave

Tustin, CA

#54 Sep 9, 2012
Some updates - the horse ranch in the canyon has been evicted by the city to make room for the extension on the Green River/Paseo Grande end. They have been tearing down the barns and fences for a few months now. They were supposed to be out a month ago but are running behind schedule.

The city has also started placing route markers through the area in preparation for filling in the canyon. 70 feet high is what they're planning on which will bring the road up to eye level with my house. Once a beautiful view will now a noisy road. Thanks Corona.

“The Great Gatsby has arrived”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#55 Sep 13, 2012
“Border Avenue is a small, two lane, winding residential road. Stop signs are optional even to residents; more traffic would be a vehicular war zone.”
Overheard; agree
MLS

Chatsworth, CA

#56 Sep 16, 2012
Well it is interesting to read all the pro and con opinions for this Foothill project, BUT SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!! there is no quality of life in Corona anymore. It takes 2 hours just to get through this city in the morning. All the arteries to the 91 Frwy are clogged. Housing prices will never go up even if and when the economy turns around because everyone knows it is impossible to live here and work in OC anymore. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!!!
Erik

Riverside, CA

#57 Mar 20, 2013
Traffic should not be to bad since they are widening the 91 freeway also
jerry

Seattle, WA

#58 Mar 21, 2013
Erik wrote:
Traffic should not be to bad since they are widening the 91 freeway also
Are you serious? they finished the 91 "widening" and its just as bad as it always was....the need to build a tunnel from the 15 that runs to oc...a new freeway is the only way to ease the traffic on the 91.
Death

Corona, CA

#60 May 6, 2015
Dutch Oven wrote:
<quoted text>
Kiss my arse. Enjoy the parkway.
Oh really? He is a resident of Corona. And where do you live? I bet you are just an obnoxious tourist that is part of the traffic they have to deal with. You are not that smart, and people like you will meet me in the end.
Noyb

Corona, CA

#61 May 6, 2015
Brian - South Corona wrote:
Foothill Parkway will benefit all of Corona. If the residents along Border and Mangular wish not to be connected, they will continue to overburden Ontario as they will not have access themselves to Foothill. The wise option is to be build the connections now for Emergency services and close it to all other traffic. If the citizens later decide they want access, it will only be a minimal cost to open these connections later if built now.
Agreed.
Noyb

Corona, CA

#62 May 6, 2015
Dan wrote:
Interesting news. We are in escrow on a home in Sierra Del Oro along Green River (aka 91/15 interchange alternate route). Thank goodness for California's 17 real estate back-out rule!
Back out while you can!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mira Loma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 56 min Trojan 34,486
News Ontario woman to stand trial in husband's slaying (Dec '08) 2 hr Stephanie Lopez 169
News Man arrested in fatal shooting (Jul '08) 3 hr Rahman Garrett II 100
Swan Lake.... (Sep '06) 19 hr Liar 49
News Father says softball team run unfairly (Apr '10) Oct 20 Did U Fart 197
Ontario Police Department cover up. Oct 17 An upset mother 1
Corona Ghost Stories (Apr '08) Oct 15 Horchata82 149

Mira Loma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mira Loma Mortgages