Mira Loma: Rail-yard foes find friends

Mira Loma: Rail-yard foes find friends

There are 2 comments on the Press-Enterprise story from Oct 20, 2007, titled Mira Loma: Rail-yard foes find friends. In it, Press-Enterprise reports that:

“I'm speechless at the thought that a company can't move a gate when it could make such a difference in children's lives”

For years, a Glen Avon-based environmental group has lobbied to close a Union Pacific Railroad yard gate on Galena Street because of its proximity to Jurupa Valley High School's playing field. via Press-Enterprise

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press-Enterprise.

Alex

Dallas, TX

#1 Oct 23, 2007
Current Jurupa Valley High Student,

I believe this would be a great idea, and this would also help us out alot because there is alot of traffic we have to go trough in order to get to school. There have been many times were i am late to school because the train takes for ever to cross the intersection.
Local

United States

#2 May 2, 2010
Alex wrote:
Current Jurupa Valley High Student,
I believe this would be a great idea, and this would also help us out alot because there is alot of traffic we have to go trough in order to get to school. There have been many times were i am late to school because the train takes for ever to cross the intersection.
Not a train issue. I just wish these people would do something about the pollution in their own neighborhoods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mira Loma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 27 min LMAO Phart 34,216
News Mana s body found inside refrigerator on Ontari... Sep 17 Jeannette 1
News Water stock offered on Web (Jul '08) Sep 12 Nathan 11
Review: Uniweb Incorporated Sep 12 UNIWEB INC CORONA 1
News Local Vagos motorcycle club president faces mur... (Dec '09) Sep 11 Trooper 24
Review: Industrial Support Systems Sep 10 ISS FONTANA 3
News A "rally for love" celebrated Saturday after th... Sep 10 concerned res 1

Mira Loma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mira Loma Mortgages