Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend to be kind in words?

Posted in the Mint Hill Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 232 Comments Last updated Saturday Aug 2
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
SouthernLies

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Southerners don't tell the truth. They will say bless your heart when what they mean is anything similar to a blessing. They will ridicule black people for not being "smart", but then they will incorrectly use subject and verbs. For example they will say "we is doing well." They will claim to have southern hospitality, but they will ridicule you if you have preferences that differ from theirs. For example I once didn't want ice in my drink and they told me I was weird. How is that hospitality when I'm a guest at their house? They will be nice to you in person ,but talk poorly about you when you are gone especially if you're not from the South or even if you're from a different southern state. They will make fun of your hometown weather even though they have ice storms, tornadoes, hail, and hurricanes. They will make you feel bad if you are different in any way. They will be arrogant and think that their way of living is the only right way. When there is a hurricane, the people in brick houses won't invite the people living in trailers over to their house for protection. People in the South have been trained to not like their neighbors and never "inconvenience" their neighbors by asking for help.
Mae Hemm

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

I think you are way too sensitive.

People everywhere "tease" their friends/family/companions.

Not sure if I believe the hurricane and brick house deal. If the folks in the trailers were thieves/dirty/violent......nop e they ain't comin' in my house. Call that whatever you want.

Some needy neighbors can be pains and quit draining.
Your emergency is not my emergency. Call that whatever you want.
Really

Whittier, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

troll (pron.:/ˈtro&#650 ;l/,/ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."
SouthernLies

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Mae Hemm said, "Your emergency is not my emergency" in response to a neighbor who needs a safe place during a hurricane. What about Southern hospitality? Mae Hemm just proved my point. Southerners will say they have Southern hospitality, but in reality "your emergency is not my emergency." I've seen this statement in action. I've seen an elderly Southern lady who asked for help ignored in the South and the Southern man (who looked nice in his spotless clothing) complain that the elderly lady should take care of herself.
Tray

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

To remind a damn stupid yankee that he needs to take I-95 out of the South forever!
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Tray wrote:
To remind a damn stupid yankee that he needs to take I-95 out of the South forever!
I hate I-95. Have you ever been on I-95 near DC or the DC beltway? It's either completely stopped or a crowed 80 MPH NASCAR mess. I use secondary roads like 301

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Tray wrote:
The North whooped the south once and if necessary, WILL do it again so you really should watch your mouth. I left NC for Louisiana just to get to some form of civilization.
SouthernLies

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

I should say that I have had all of my bad experiences in North Carolina. By bad experiences, I mean very rude acting people, who dress nicely and say all the "right things", but when their actions show a very selfish and different side of them.

Another true example, this Southern Gentleman lives on 12 acres in NC and his neighbor builds a house about 100 feet from his property line (well within the neighbor's property). So what does the Southern Gentleman do, he starts shooting skeet right over his neighbor's new house. Now keep in mind the Southern Gentleman has plenty of land that's open in every direction (it's farm land), but he wants to shoot his gun over his neighbor's house. Also keep in mind that the neighbor has little kids who may or may not have been playing on the other side of the house.

What gets me is that this Southern Gentleman then talks about "Southern hospitality" and being polite and respectful.

Apparently in the South as long as you "say" the right things you're seen as polite even if your actions are shameful. Has anyone else seen this pattern? My actual experiences in the South have really undermined my previously positive view of the South as a caring place.
SouthernLies

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

I think Tray sums up what I've been talking about. Does his response sound rational in response to the concerns that I've brought up?

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Tray wrote:
So say's some dumb inbred hick in Lincolnton NC. THAT'S RICH!
Mae Hemm

Sims, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

SouthernLies wrote:
Mae Hemm said, "Your emergency is not my emergency" in response to a neighbor who needs a safe place during a hurricane. What about Southern hospitality? Mae Hemm just proved my point. Southerners will say they have Southern hospitality, but in reality "your emergency is not my emergency." I've seen this statement in action. I've seen an elderly Southern lady who asked for help ignored in the South and the Southern man (who looked nice in his spotless clothing) complain that the elderly lady should take care of herself.
My emergency is not your emergency was in reference to the "needy" neighbor. You are probably one of them. The brick house/hurricane was independent of needy neighbors. Plenty of time to get things in order and out of the trailer. You stay, you know you are on your own. Pi** pour planning and all that. I suppose non-violent, non-thievin', washable folks would be welcomed to my home in a true emergency. Strangers showin' up at my door would be assessed on an individual basis.

Not sure if I believe the elderly lady story. I have never witnessed anything like that Anywhere,USA. It may be true, but please don't make blanket, disparaging statements about any region of my country, we are all one.....
SouthernLies

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Last summer a friend of mine rode his bicycle with his son (14 years old) from Delaware to Atlanta Georgia as a father son adventure. They called places ahead of time to camp out in the yards of businesses or churches. During part of their trip in North Carolina they came upon a really bad storm and needed a safe place. So they went under a car port near someone's house and this Southern lady comes out with a shotgun. My friend and his 14 yr old son, soaking wet with their bicycles, explain what that they're on a father and son trip and that they don't want to go inside the lady's house or bother her, they just need the shelter of the carport until the storm passes. The lady points her shotgun at the 14 year old and my friend and tells them to go into the rain. How's that for Southern hospitality? Again, the more you hear about what actually goes on in the South, the more you realize that Southerners are all talk and that their actions don't match up with their words.

As Mae Hemm said, "your emergency is not my emergency." That's the true Southern motto.
Cake

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Hey Southern Lies, you stupid yankee it goes for you as well, get the F.... out!!!

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
The North whooped the south once and if necessary, WILL do it again so you really should watch your mouth. I left NC for Louisiana just to get to some form of civilization.
Your not missed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/qu estion/index?qid=2007081910402 5AAzg5BC
They are talking about the Southern part of the UK!!!!!!! LOndon should have been your first hint.
SouthernLies

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

This is what I'm talking about. Timmy_ doesn't even use the correct contraction for "you are." He used "your not missed" instead of "you're not missed." Southerners will ridicule black people for not being "smart", but then they will incorrectly use contractions. Timmy_ is a perfect example of the type of "Southern Lies" that I've encountered.
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
The joke on the tshirt wasn't even funny

It's like fried chicken/watermelon jokes about blacks

When I was growing up in the north, I thought black people were obsessed with fried chicken and watermelon. When I moved south I learned that ALL southerners-both black and white are obsessed with fried chicken and watermelon. They also eat nasty things like "collards" and "kale" and "souse". They can't eat green beans without chunks of pig knuckles and snouts in them. NASTY

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
The joke on the tshirt wasn't even funny
It's like fried chicken/watermelon jokes about blacks
When I was growing up in the north, I thought black people were obsessed with fried chicken and watermelon. When I moved south I learned that ALL southerners-both black and white are obsessed with fried chicken and watermelon. They also eat nasty things like "collards" and "kale" and "souse". They can't eat green beans without chunks of pig knuckles and snouts in them. NASTY
Five star yankee resturants have snails on the menu.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Mint Hill Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Mint Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mint Hill News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mint Hill