Police say driver fled, died in crash

Police say driver fled, died in crash

There are 13 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Oct 7, 2007, titled Police say driver fled, died in crash. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

A driver who was being chased by Mint Hill police died in a fiery wreck Saturday morning in southeast Charlotte, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.

It's the second time in less than a year that a driver fleeing from Mint Hill police caused a crash. In January, a Charlotte woman was injured when a pickup being chased by police struck her minivan and spun it into the path of a city bus.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police, who are investigating the wreck because it happened in their jurisdiction, said a 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis was speeding and being chased by a Mint Hill officer just after 4 a.m. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

OBSERVING

Boylston, MA

#1 Oct 7, 2007
A driver who was being chased by Mint Hill police died in a fiery wreck

hey, that's what you get!!!!
Relative

United States

#2 Oct 8, 2007
What if it was your son...no one deserves to die like that lets be serious!!!! You have no idea what he was being chased for so who are you to judge that the death fits the crime!!!
Relative

United States

#3 Oct 8, 2007
What if it was your son that died like that??? Who are you to say, "that is what he gets", you dont even know why the chase began and if the death fit the crime!!!!
Sharon

Clover, SC

#4 Oct 8, 2007
Does anyone know the name of the victim? This happened in my neighborhood. Family has placed a memorial of candles and flowers there. The crash scene is awful.
brocks friend

United States

#5 Oct 8, 2007
and you will probably never find out the true story until you probe into what happened.

We have been working on Brock Franklin;s case ever since the accident. This kid was drugged at a party by a character known as Big Ice. He went to the party looking for Brock to fight him. He found him. It took the authorities a long time to check for drugs, we demanded it. Finally results. But the will not admit to their own mistakes. That is the way it goes in Charlotte, N>C>

The media explodes and gets so excited when things like this occur. Sometimes they sound like they are dissappointed if it doesn't.

Just pray, pray a lot, and the Lord will take care of the rest.
Lane

United States

#6 Oct 8, 2007
One less trouble maker. NO, I don`t feel sorry for idiots like this, they could have killed a GOOD person or family. Rest in he11!
Lane
A Mother

Pawtucket, RI

#8 Oct 9, 2007
how could you be glad someone is dead i hope you don't have kids cause if your a parent you should never say that about someone else kids there's alot of crazy things going on this world so don't judge if you don't know
Former Resident

Atlanta, GA

#9 Oct 9, 2007
I shall pray for this young man. He just took the wrong path in life.
Family member

Newport, RI

#10 Oct 9, 2007
To the person who claims was robbed by the person who was killed may all your earning be taken from you...you do not know that life is more important than any material thing in this world and for that you shall pay!!!! You are an evil person and you probably deserved what you got stolen from you, now the police to shall pay for causing this wrongful death...you can buy your things back but you can never bring back someone whose life was taken from them too soon...and yes he was here legally just like im sure you are!!!
Former Resident

Atlanta, GA

#11 Oct 9, 2007
Lane wrote:
One less trouble maker. NO, I don`t feel sorry for idiots like this, they could have killed a GOOD person or family. Rest in he11!
Lane
Just wondering why he didn't stop. We may never know. There are opinions on both sides.
Mack

AOL

#12 Oct 10, 2007
He was nothing but garbage when he lived in Dorchester,Ma.He caused much pain & grief everywhere he went.Look at the example he had to follow an older brother serving life in prison. You tell me these are good people?
OBSERVING

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Oct 11, 2007
Family member wrote:
you do not know that life is more important than any material thing in this world
I beg to differ with you. my cheapest materialistic possession that I worked my azz off to pay for, is certainly worth more to me then the life of a scumbag trying to steal it!
who are you to judge

Medford, MA

#14 Nov 6, 2007
Mack wrote:
He was nothing but garbage when he lived in Dorchester,Ma.He caused much pain & grief everywhere he went.Look at the example he had to follow an older brother serving life in prison. You tell me these are good people?
You sound so ignorant...honestly get a life...don't worry about anybody else but yourself... by you saying that just proves how ignorant you really are...did you even know him or his brother? That was someones son and brother.
Who are you to judge...don't speak unless you know the facts really!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mint Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pray for Emily 16 hr Psalm 107 19 21 1
Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that ... (Jul '09) 18 hr Beth 308
News Charlotte city council members meet with commun... Thu charlottecitizen99 1
Charlotte City Council & Attorneys keep lying t... Thu charlottecitizen99 5
News N.C. Hit With Lawsuit Over Anti-LGBT Law Thu Dude 23
News Here's what solid-wall bridges planned for Md.'... Thu CharlottePro 1
News EMSL Charlotte Laboratory Receives North Caroli... Thu CharlottePro 1

Mint Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mint Hill Mortgages