What is the best little town in North Carolina?

Posted in the Mint Hill Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of155
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
stay there

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 4, 2008
 
Mr Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remember who won the war. Yeah, Southerners act polite but anyone ever have the misfortune of meeting and dating a southern belle? Holy god what a degenerate life form that is. And they learned it all from that degenerate southern culture.
Why don't you go have a snow ball fight or something Mr. Bill. I'm just getting ready to go grill a nice dinner and maybe sit outside on my porch and wave to the neighbors.
SwampFox

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 4, 2008
 
stay there bill is just a dumb ass yankee democrat liberat nut that needs the corn cobb pulled out of his ass
stay there

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 4, 2008
 
sounds like he needs some southern lovin if you ask me.
SF Vet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 4, 2008
 
Lady Bug, depends, do you like small or large towns, Ocean or Mountains. For one thing, I would not move to NC, nothing for anyone here, just alot of Taxes, as soon as I retire,from the Army, I am moving back to TN.
Mr Bill

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jun 4, 2008
 
SwampFox wrote:
stay there bill is just a dumb ass yankee democrat liberat nut that needs the corn cobb pulled out of his ass
A word for of advice for you,,,"punctuation".
swampfox

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jun 4, 2008
 
he needs southren love lovin but what southrenbell would want to have a idiot like him around them

“Laugh often.....”

Since: Apr 08

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jun 5, 2008
 
stay there wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go gettin all yankee and worked up on me now. I'm just tellin you like it is down here. This is an internet blog, I'm not going to spell check and worry about my grammar. You obviously are upset at the reality of what the north is. People get so defensive when southern people state the truth about the north. People are ugly up there. People don't dress nice. Nobody says yes mam/sir. Nobody cares about looking nice to go to the grocery store or the mall. Nobody cares what other people think of them up there. It's really like yall only care about yourselves. Down here in the south mam, we actually wave to our neighbors, ask the person who held the door open for us at a gas station "how's your day goin", we make sure to be extra nice to police officers, firemen, teachers, neighbors, friends and family. Down here in the south we aren't stuck up snobs about food and wine and travel and education etc. We are what we are, just simple nice American people. Perhaps yall are so standoffish and unfriendly because a lot of you are of European decent. Down here we are American, hard working, Walmart lovin, race watchin, front porch sittin, country music listenin, southern accent talkin, kind people. Don't pretend like up north is a wonderful place to live. Yea, yall have good schools (if you pay extra for private), but do you even have a sense of community? Go to the mall and grocery store tomorrow and see how many people smile at you first. See how many people allow you to walk from the store to the parking lot (actually come to a stop and wave for you to walk because they aren't frantic crazy yankees). Just try it out when you're feeling like the north is the best, cause it aint.
I live in small town about 80 miles south of Chicago. I guess there about 6000 people here. There are 200 kids in my daughters graduating class. In my town there alot more churches then bars, and we only have one grocery store. There's not even a stop light here.( There is one 4 way stop though.)
Everyone knows everyone here. Everyone smiles,waves,is polite, and asks how you are. They even stop to hear what your answer is. The kids all support each other and there is none of that "who's the most popular" thing that goes on in some places. I work in Chicago so I see what you are saying about SOME people being stuck up snobs- but that's not my circle of friends. Not EVERYONE in this area is like that. My little town here in Illinois is awesome, and I want to stay in a smaller town.
By the way- I was born in Fort Campbell Kentucky. Just because I live in Illinois and raised my kids here makes me an ugly Yankee?
You really shouldn't stereotype people!

“Laugh often.....”

Since: Apr 08

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jun 5, 2008
 
SF Vet wrote:
Lady Bug, depends, do you like small or large towns, Ocean or Mountains. For one thing, I would not move to NC, nothing for anyone here, just alot of Taxes, as soon as I retire,from the Army, I am moving back to TN.
We are looking to retire early. We would like a smaller town closer to the ocean if possible. I have 3 teenage daughter but they will all be in college soon all over the country. Just looking for a smaller town with friendly people away from the cities and growth that is going on here in Illinois.

“Laugh often.....”

Since: Apr 08

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jun 5, 2008
 
PratzStrike wrote:
Ignore these dickheads.
Look into Asheville and the surrounding area. Crap for jobs, wonderful for tourism and new people.
My husband and his friends went thru Ashville on his Harley- he said everyone was very nice and it was beautiful.
Thanks!
SF Vet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jun 5, 2008
 
Ladybug2 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are looking to retire early. We would like a smaller town closer to the ocean if possible. I have 3 teenage daughter but they will all be in college soon all over the country. Just looking for a smaller town with friendly people away from the cities and growth that is going on here in Illinois.
Greenville not bad, Big but small, near the ocean, greast college (ECU) cost of living not bad or maybe Wilimgton/Wightsville Beach.
stay there

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jun 5, 2008
 
Ladybug2 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are looking to retire early. We would like a smaller town closer to the ocean if possible. I have 3 teenage daughter but they will all be in college soon all over the country. Just looking for a smaller town with friendly people away from the cities and growth that is going on here in Illinois.
Clearly, you need more research. Everywhere you go in N.C. crazy building is taking place. There are more cheap houses (shake hands with your neighbor while in your home) close together, crappy apartment buildings, Mexicans, traffic from you Yankees (which by the way are the rudest drivers), and shopping centers than you can imagine. Clearly I can't stop another one of you from moving down here, but please don't spread the word. Enough is enough.
stay there

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jun 5, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

And another thing, when you do move down here don't start saying all the things you "do up north" "we do it this way" "we don't eat that up north" blah blah blah shit. It always amazes me how many of yall move down here cause you can't stand to be around your own people. Then you get down here and start makin fun of how we drive, what we eat, how we talk, trailer, redneck etc. Yankees do that shit all the time.
ruthie5

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Oct 17, 2009
 
ladybug 2. wish you could talk to my son JC. He is forever looking for NICE people. 29 and single in Florida. I am looking to buy a second home in NC. I got good info. from these writings. good luck, I am checking out Kannapolis right now.
Life Coach

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Oct 17, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Try Mayberry

I think it is about 40 miles southwest of Mt Pilot
NC Native

Rockingham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Oct 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

One good thing about the economic downturn - it has slowed the Yankee migration. Now if we can build enough roads for the ones who came before it happened...and get them a good deli so they will stop complaining! LOL. ;)
dont go

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Oct 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

I would stay where you are. The roads are horrid in NC. Not spacious like up north. No margin for error. Either your on the road or off the road. And the southerners just cant drive. Thats why they close down the whole town if there is one inch of snow. Every one acts like their our for a sunday drive, everyday. And the accent will eat at you. At first you will be delighted and before you know it, your hair will stand up on the back of your neck everytime you hear one of the hicks speak. Save yourself and your money and just occasionally visit the south. And I dont really need to go into the food. OMG.
April

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Oct 18, 2009
 
Gates County is a nice area. You are about one hour away from Virginia beach, Newport News, Hampton, Norfolk. A few minutes away from Suffolk, Chesapeake Virginia. Allot of military in this area. Gates is laid back and nice but close to all the action.
April

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Oct 18, 2009
 
I lived in Suffolk Virginia for a while. People are real friendly. They are use to the influx from other states because of the military. They love the military in this area because they bring in allot of revenue.

Also by living in Gates where the taxes are cheaper. You are close to Bush Gardens, water Country USA, Virginia Beach.

Since: Oct 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Oct 19, 2009
 
A lady I work with is from Chicago and she said to mention Spenser NC to you. I have never been to Spenser but she said it was small and very nice. She gave me this link.

http://www.ci.spencer.nc.us/index.html

Not sure what type of work you will find.

If you want small town, waterfalls, and the Blue Ridge, Brevard/Ashville and the surrounding areas are for you. Lots of beautiful country to explore and admire in NC. I think some people forget there is more to it then where you live.

http://www.visitwaterfalls.com/

I live in Charlotte and go to the cabins in Brevard every year to hike. It truly is beautiful.
Vet

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Aug 14, 2011
 
stay there wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go gettin all yankee and worked up on me now. I'm just tellin you like it is down here. This is an internet blog, I'm not going to spell check and worry about my grammar. You obviously are upset at the reality of what the north is. People get so defensive when southern people state the truth about the north. People are ugly up there. People don't dress nice. Nobody says yes mam/sir. Nobody cares about looking nice to go to the grocery store or the mall. Nobody cares what other people think of them up there. It's really like yall only care about yourselves. Down here in the south mam, we actually wave to our neighbors, ask the person who held the door open for us at a gas station "how's your day goin", we make sure to be extra nice to police officers, firemen, teachers, neighbors, friends and family. Down here in the south we aren't stuck up snobs about food and wine and travel and education etc. We are what we are, just simple nice American people. Perhaps yall are so standoffish and unfriendly because a lot of you are of European decent. Down here we are American, hard working, Walmart lovin, race watchin, front porch sittin, country music listenin, southern accent talkin, kind people. Don't pretend like up north is a wonderful place to live. Yea, yall have good schools (if you pay extra for private), but do you even have a sense of community? Go to the mall and grocery store tomorrow and see how many people smile at you first. See how many people allow you to walk from the store to the parking lot (actually come to a stop and wave for you to walk because they aren't frantic crazy yankees). Just try it out when you're feeling like the north is the best, cause it aint.
With all due respect, you do sound ignorant and very prejudice. I am also looking for a nice small town in North Carolina and I am of hispanic descent, so am I going to be treated differently now? I fought overseas and defending my country, also I am currently serving my community as a Police Officer. But all in all I guess im not as american as you right? Think before you speak, Im sure there are wonderful people in North Carolina; I have met several. I guess your just the bad seed in the bunch.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of155
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mint Hill Discussions

Search the Mint Hill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 hr State of Florida 54,883
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) 14 hr Life Coach 31
Holy Spirit Condemnation!. 17 hr Sammy 1
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 21 hr Life Coach 4,818
Belmont cycle shop moves shop Thu Hey 7
I Love Black Women (May '11) Thu Manny 225
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) Thu benson 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mint Hill Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mint Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mint Hill News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mint Hill
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••