United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

I hear Wells Fargo Online Bill Pay is a nightmare. It is all over the internet from states that have already converted. Too bad because Wachovia's Bill Pay is about as perfect as a system can run. It seems like Wells Fargo would upgrade the technology to what is existing at Wachovia now since they bought them. Not using the best technology available tells me customers used to doing business are going to be very unhappy.

Since: Sep 10

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

Wachovia bondholders can make claims for losses at www.WachoviaBondClassAction.com
Dennis M

East Stroudsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2011

Judged:

Bad News wrote:
I hear Wells Fargo Online Bill Pay is a nightmare. It is all over the internet from states that have already converted. Too bad because Wachovia's Bill Pay is about as perfect as a system can run. It seems like Wells Fargo would upgrade the technology to what is existing at Wachovia now since they bought them. Not using the best technology available tells me customers used to doing business are going to be very unhappy.
I am totally disgusted with Wells Fargo Online Banking. They overdrew my account by paying bills too early and immediately debiting my account. Naturally their response is that Wells Fargo notified customers they were going to do this. True. However when they did I immediately protested that this would disturb the way that we have paid bills for years. There was no response to that note.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

The "stagecoach" should give you an indication of the type of service that will be provided.
Bad News

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

You won't believe this:

NewsChanges in online bill payPosted by
Doug Caldwell02/ 4/11
Read Comments 200
While reading your comments here on the blog, I've noticed a lot of you have shared your thoughts and opinions about the change from the Wachovia BillPay service to Wells Fargo Bill Pay. Some, like Erin, expressed concerns. Others, like long-time Wells Fargo customer 88alo, really enjoy the Bill Pay feature.

Four simple things Wachovia BillPay users can do to prepare for the change to Wells Fargo Bill Pay
1.The Monday after a Wachovia to Wells Fargo conversion in your state, you should complete the conversion enrollment process, sign on to wellsfargo.com , and click the Bill Pay tab (business customers, click on the Payments & Transfers tab).
2.Review the Send On date for each pending payment. The date is found under the payment amount in the Pending Payments column.
3.Remember: This is the date Bill Pay users must have sufficient funds available in their funding account to cover pending payments.
4.You can change the dates your payments are sent by clicking on the payment amount in the Pending Payment column and entering a new date in the Send On field. There's a calendar that shows when payments should arrive to the payee based on the Send On date entered.
We appreciate your feedback, and to help you understand more about the changes we spoke with Imran Haider from Wells Fargo's Bill Pay product management team about some of the differences between the Wells Fargo and Wachovia Bill Pay services.

One of the main ones is timing: At Wells Fargo, funds to pay your bills will be withdrawn from your account up to five business days earlier than they were at Wachovia.

With Wachovia BillPay you selected and had a payment sent on a Pay Date. No longer! At Wells Fargo, you enter a Send On date. Funds are removed from your account the next business day after your Send On date.

[Update: Because these funds are removed early in the morning, you should always make sure you have sufficient funds available in your funding account on the Send On date!]

Based on Wells Fargo's payment delivery method, your payment will take up to five business days from the day it's sent to the day it's delivered to the payee. You'll know how many days it will take to be delivered by checking the Deliver By date.

A really important note: During the conversion, Wells Fargo matched your Pay Date for a payment with the Deliver By date to ensure your payment will arrive on time. That means money will be taken out of your account sooner—again, up to five business days sooner—to ensure your payment arrives on time.

Remember also that you must have available funds for your converted payments! Not having sufficient funds available after your pending payments convert could result in a missed payment, overdraft, late fees, or other charges.

Wells Fargo is going to be losing many Wachovia customers. Be warned. It looks like it will be best to move your accounts now before it's too late. There is simply no excuse not to use the most up to date technology. John Stumpf and his crew must be living in the nineties. God only knows what their security is like if their bill pay is this antiquated.
Bad News

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

Paladinhgwt wrote:
The "stagecoach" should give you an indication of the type of service that will be provided.
I think you figured it out Paladinhgwt. The reason their bill pay is so inferior to Wachovia is that they deliver all the checks by Stage Coach. How novel.
Life Coach

Albemarle, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

Instead of complaining, do your bills the old fashioned way. Write a check!!!!!!!
Bad news

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Judged:

Life Coach wrote:
Instead of complaining, do your bills the old fashioned way. Write a check!!!!!!!
If I want the opinion of an uneducated, unaware, senile 88 year old man I will certainly come to you first. Right now, I don't. But thank you for sharing your ignorance for all to laugh at.
Apaida

Lewes, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2011

Judged:

The Wells Fargo bill pay is completely unwarranted and unacceptable to me. What right do they have to withdraw funds from my accounts up to 5 days before the payee receives them? I have been a Wachovia customer for many years and will now be looking elsewhere to do my banking.
bummed bill payer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Yep, compared to the Wachovia bill pay, the WF is TERRIBLE. Very confusing, too my screens to view you bills, unclear when you recieved a new bill. I expected so much more from Wells Fargo...very disappointing.
Bad News

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

A California company, so I guess it figures. But after so many complaints you would think they would improve their customer service and change to Wachovia's vastly improved service.
clrymom

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

"Yep, compared to the Wachovia bill pay, the WF is TERRIBLE. Very confusing, too my screens to view you bills, unclear when you received a new bill. I expected so much more from Wells Fargo...very disappointing."

Totally agree -- Wells Fargo needs to learn something from Wachovia billpay - much more user friendly!!
Wells Fargo Stage Coach

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

The old stage coach is broken down and they won't fix it. This will be like moving backwards to the twentieth century with Wells Fargo. What a disaster.
Boyd Griffin

Marshville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

I saw the handwriting on the wall and ended my Wachovia online service before the stage robbers could fleece me. Right now I'm doing things the old fashioned way--writing checks but at least I know where my money is going, when and to whom. I'm looking at several banks to change over to. People tell me to avoid BOA but I really like the features of their online banking--very similar to Wachovia. BB&T is pretty good also. I need to make a decision soon. I only have 72 checks left LOL!!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

Left this account open strictly for my wife to use for her debit card since it is close to us and we have money market account there there is no charge.
Everything else we transferred to our credit union account which is controlled by members, no fees, no BS with on line payments or debit card usage.
The biggest mistake Wells made was having jackasses pull the stagecoach instead of horses.
Bad News

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

Is Stumpf the idiot or does he surround himself with idiots or both?
Napoli

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

Got the Wells Fargo bill pay info and immediately opened an account with BoA. Withdrawing payments 5 days earlier is giving WF a free loan for 5 days!!! Wachovia/Wells Fargo is going to loose a lot of customers!!
Carolyn

Angier, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2011

Judged:

Wachovia was the best financial instution that existed. First Union buyout deteriorated Wachovia some and now Wells Fargo is going to finish it off.

I have banked with Wachovia since 1974 and now my banking with could possibly come to an end. I am a loyal customer. Too bad the original Wachovia had to be taken over because they were so GOOD and the other instutions were so Sorry!
eternaloptmist

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2011

Judged:

Not only is the way Wells Fargo handles billpay inferior, it is simply UNETHETICAL!

I am switching back to my credit union, which offers incredible financing deals in addition to free checking without advance bill payments!
AndyKingofPrussi aPa

Rahway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Judged:

Wells Fargo moved over my account and all the accounts I was paying. But they ambushed me. I had pending payments and I guess the Indians have them now, Wells Fargo can't find them. I will find another bank.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Mint Hill Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mint Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••