“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#38587 Mar 17, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so now they shouldn't be thrown in jail? So why don't you explain your use of "max time"? Maybe those who would question my integrity should visit the Greensboro Forum. You don't like Wiccans? According to you on that same forum you were married to one. I think the ole gal may have conjured up something that you just can't shake. Hate that for you.
The thing she can't shake, is being in the nut ward at a prison in Oklahoma, where taking your nut meds is not an option.She killed two of her babies.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#38588 Mar 18, 2013
To govern someone is to override their own wishes; they wants to do X, but government commands him to do Y. Likewise, to enslave someone is to override their own plans; they wants to be an Econ Professor and columnist, but the slave-owner commands him to pick cotton, and gets his friends in government to return him for a whipping, should he manage to escape. Such close similarity of meaning ought to give the one verb an entry in the thesaurus for the other, but I found none, at thesaurus.com . Under "govern," the site shows various words of similar meaning including "call the shots," "hold dominion" and even "tyrannize", but not "enslave." Under "enslave," it shows among others "coerce," "compel" and “subjugate” but not "govern." I wonder why not, but discount any theory suggesting that thesaurus compilers got together to deceive students of the language. Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity; and here, the error may even be innocent. Everyone is so conditioned by government's propaganda machine to believe that governance is beneficial but slavery is shocking, I'm happy, here to repair the omission.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#38589 Mar 18, 2013
Well, all I know is it's "BRACKET" time!!! Wouldn't it be great if Albany won!:) But, good luck to the ACC teams after that, YOYO Baby!
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#38590 Mar 18, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Humanities studies dept? Hahahahaha
Thanks for the belly laugh. I even spit some brandy on the laptop.
Then what are your two degrees in if mine are 'substandard' in your eyes? By the way, you brought up Sigmund and then went on and on about how expert you are on the subject. Psst...Psychology is solidly in the field of Humanities.

The humanities include ancient and modern languages, literature, philosophy, religion, performing arts, political science, history, psychology, anthropology, sociology, communication studies, cultural studies, law, economics and linguistics.

Yeah, like I think you know sh** about any of them.

Location hidden

#38591 Mar 18, 2013
This should be good.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#38592 Mar 18, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Allen
Clover, SC
Just another psycho republicunt, wishing to flatter herself. No honey you keep your bipolar moron, the two of you deserve each other. lmao. Everyone from here to BFE knows what a complete idiot he his. post#22 "Triad Wiccans gather to meditate" forum
NOW, Allen, can you read, do you see the "c" word? BTW, learn to spell.
Oh yea, my bad. I "c" it now, "complete". I really should have used a "f" word instead, "full-fledged".
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#38593 Mar 18, 2013
emlu wrote:
Well, all I know is it's "BRACKET" time!!! Wouldn't it be great if Albany won!:) But, good luck to the ACC teams after that, YOYO Baby!
SHHHH! I'm more than a little sick to my stomach this morning...It's been a really long time since UNC hasn't been in March Madness... I think the last time was during Matt Doherty's short reign. Probably the same year he produced an 8-20 regular season record and smashed a chair over David Noel's head...

UGH!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#38594 Mar 18, 2013
Well, here I am at the courthouse in Houston, waiting for my friend to get his speeding citation out of the way.1400 LUBBOCK.Just letting everyone know, don't hold back people!

Location hidden

#38595 Mar 18, 2013
Doesn't UNC play Villanova??????????

Location hidden

#38596 Mar 18, 2013
BTW, for the new ones and the senile, I'm a registered Independent.

Location hidden

#38597 Mar 18, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yea, my bad. I "c" it now, "complete". I really should have used a "f" word instead, "full-fledged".
I have some real estate to sell you if you believe anyone thinks this is a true statement. Stay in the trenches because that is where you shine.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#38598 Mar 18, 2013
itzwitchy wrote:
<quoted text>Then what are your two degrees in if mine are 'substandard' in your eyes? By the way, you brought up Sigmund and then went on and on about how expert you are on the subject. Psst...Psychology is solidly in the field of Humanities.

The humanities include ancient and modern languages, literature, philosophy, religion, performing arts, political science, history, psychology, anthropology, sociology, communication studies, cultural studies, law, economics and linguistics.

Yeah, like I think you know sh** about any of them.
I never said they were substandard. Just never heard anyone refer to their degrees as a department.

My undergrad and graduate are both in accounting. Not the business school.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#38599 Mar 18, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they were substandard. Just never heard anyone refer to their degrees as a department.
My degrees are uhh...nonexistant..
TSF

Clayton, NC

#38600 Mar 18, 2013
Name the time , place and instrument.. I thought you would never ask.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I was pretty clear the first time when I said I never served. Still doesn't mean I wouldn't step across from you.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#38601 Mar 18, 2013
Know how silver is lake the wise men? He came from afar.
waco1909 wrote:
Silvercoastcorks, you were a fireman for years.That is service.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#38602 Mar 18, 2013
They say the only things that comes out of Texas are steers and
-eers. Do you have horns?
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Farm boys should learn how to spell"Parris"Island. By the way, while you're guiding your rounds to target, someone is watching you do it.Targets don't fire back.As far as that goes,I never knew a marine that could shoot his way out of a wet paper bag.Well, maybe Lee Harvey.
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#38603 Mar 18, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's revisit that post of mine you are referring to:
"Thank you for telling me about Sigmund Freud! I guess with only two degrees in fields within the Humanities Studies Department, I certainly would never have heard of any Sigmund Who(?) before!(eyeroll)"

Now where, I ask you, do I call a degree a department? "...degrees in fields within the humanities studies department..." is something entirely different from your claim that I called a degree a department.

Let's look at your reply to me:
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Humanities studies dept? Hahahahaha
Thanks for the belly laugh. I even spit some brandy on the laptop.

Don't play semantic gymnastics games with me when we both know better. Lying about what I said originally is a typical Republican-ish cheap trick. The meaning in your comment is clear. You were trying to ridicule any field in the Humanities and ended up looking the fool for it too. You seem to spit a lot of brandy on your laptop from what I've already read. Perhaps laying off on all that brandy...
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#38604 Mar 18, 2013
emlu wrote:
Doesn't UNC play Villanova??????????
You are 100% correct and I am 100% incorrect! My dirty secret is that I have actually backed off my Tarheel addiction for the past few years because it was making me really anxious at a time when that was the last thing I needed more of. Now that there is no young-un' left living at home? It's made it easier to stay out of the loop.

I kept peeking at what they were doing this year and it looked so disheartening that I just didn't want to end up wringing my hands raw like I did during the Doherty years. My last understanding was that it was the ACC tournament win or no NCAA at all. Did I watch yesterday's game? Yeah...but in bits and pieces through split fingers. I couldn't watch the last two minutes.

Of course, emlu, now that I've managed to make a complete fool of myself on something I used to eat, breathe and sleep? You just know I'm going to have to rectify that to save my honor and restore my own dignity as a true Tarheel devotee!

I'll blame you when they do an intervention and force me into a college basketball 12-step program!

waco1909

Greenville, SC

#38605 Mar 18, 2013
emlu emlu where are you emlu. I can't find my boy George doll emlu. His pee pee fell off and I stuck it on the end of my nose emlu. emlu where is he.
itzwitchy

Durham, NC

#38606 Mar 18, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
emlu emlu where are you emlu. I can't find my boy George doll emlu. His pee pee fell off and I stuck it on the end of my nose emlu. emlu where is he.
Drop dead, Stupid. I only discovered you people a short time ago and already you've annoyed me silly with your stupid clone-y repetitive posts.

Same sh**, different day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mint Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 year old goes missing at Shamrock Gardens Ele... 1 hr MaryOfConcern 4
Missing child at Shamrock Garden Elementary School 2 hr Debbie 20
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Mon North Carolina 233
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) Mon Tammy 250
Luther and luvnut Celebrate Supreme Court Decision (Jun '13) Sep 14 luvnuts wife Luther 4
luvnut can be a boyscout now (Jun '13) Sep 14 luvnuts wife Luther 3
looking into moving to Indian trail area... Sep 14 prinzie 1
•••
•••
•••

Mint Hill Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Mint Hill People Search