Kasich tours Dannon plant, announces ...

Kasich tours Dannon plant, announces expansion | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 74 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 28, 2011, titled Kasich tours Dannon plant, announces expansion | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

In his state effort to make Ohio "cool," Gov. John Kasich apparently doesn't have much work to do in the state's western farm communities north of Piqua.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
In the know

Columbus, OH

#62 Jun 28, 2011
CSD wrote:
Kasich wins the day again !!! How come Strickland never held any events like this ?
Dannon announced plans to expand over a year ago. They've spent the past year or two dealing with plant issues before they could go ahead with the expansion. Kasich did nothing but grab a PR opportunity. Not that Strickland did very much either. It was a company decision and has nothing to do with who the governor is.
In the know

Columbus, OH

#63 Jun 28, 2011
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave- You are correct. I got my information from Channel 10's newscast which was incorrect. Therefore my comment was wrong and I apologize for the misinformation. It is interesting to note that in December 2010 Dannon paid an $861,000 fine to the state of Ohio for making false claims about Activia. So they are getting more than their money back from the fine they paid just 6 months ago. Also the Dannon facility is unionized. Dont you Tea Partiers object to your tax money going to a unionized business? Jes sayin'.
Dannon has paid fines for environmental violations, too. There may be no crying over spilt milk, but there is paying for spilt milk ... and dead fish and ...
DouglasJay

Boulder, CO

#64 Jun 28, 2011
Let's not forget that the Koch brothers get good money back on their "investment" in Republican politicians--for instance, they're saving billions of dollars by not having to pay to pollute the atmosphere and water (they're a gas and oil company). They buy off think tanks to print articles that say there is no global warming, and send those articles to their politicians (the Dispatch gladly pushes the lies as well on the opinion page). That's basically how they work--they have an anti-tax philosophy because they've been dodging payments themselves.
grshppr

Bowling Green, OH

#65 Jun 28, 2011
Facts are Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a clue about business and the economy. Kasich HAS saved and grown more jobs in Ohio than Ted Strickland could ever have wet dream about.
If Strickland was not owned by the unions like Obama is Ohio would have done much better. Fact is that many jobs including the automotive jobs, DHL, NCR and others went to states that are right to work states that do not have union goons threatening to strike.
Kasich will do much more for Ohio than Strickland ever did.
Dear facts, dont know about ncr but i do remember that dhl did not move to another state, the left the friggin country and shut down US operations. That is why they left. Check your facts facts!
Dannon Worker

Coldwater, OH

#66 Jun 29, 2011
Boy, according to some of these responses, Kasich REALLY screwed up, Dannon is a union plant. He just helped a union grow. Whoops!

We all want jobs, but want to vilify anyone who creates jobs if they make more money than the worker. I do not have an investment in Dannon aside from my time and experience, but those who do have an investment expect a good return, just as I expect a good return from the companies I am invested in through my 401K.
PHUBAIJOE

AOL

#67 Jun 29, 2011
Go Wildcats wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you have not been to the new steak house or the Wooden Shoe Inn Buds Pizza expand your horizons
Oh my! I have patronized those establishments several times and wonder if they represent your standard of fine dining. If so, you might want to travel to some spots outside of the area to learn more of the world.
NanaBanana

Zanesville, OH

#68 Jun 29, 2011
"I couldn't go...I don't know if I was invited, but I know those guys". Kasich doesn't know if invited to the secret Vail private retreat? Come on...Kasich knows EVERYTHING... certainly he knows whether he was on the guest list of the billionaire Koch Industries!
Perhaps he is too embarrassed yet at having thanked the Koch Brothers in a video pulled from the internet. Kasich thanked the Koch Brothers front group, Americans for Prosperity, for union busting $$$$$$ spent in Ohio.
Really.... yes, Kasich "knows those guys" very well !!!
paul

Jackson, OH

#69 Jun 29, 2011
I am amazed that every time Jesus John farts they don't have a news conference about how it doesn't stink.It's great that we have only 399,900 more jobs to go. Will we also have news conferences to laud Kasuch when places close?
Dannon Worker

Coldwater, OH

#70 Jun 29, 2011
Governor Kasich REALLY screwed up, a Union plant like Dannon expanding will increase union membership!

Honestly, how can we Hate business, and Love jobs. You can't have jobs without business. With Indiana being a very business friendly state, Ohio has to create a climate for business to grow.

I'm just happy,'cause I just moved 100 spots further from the bottom of the seniority list.
ENUF

Dayton, OH

#71 Jun 29, 2011
Mayberry Resident wrote:
Nice expansion, investment and jobs for a great litle town.
According to media there were two other big announcements in NW Ohio today.
Johnson Controls, Lucas County will invest 138M and create 70 new jobs and
CSX opened their new National Gateway intermodal yard with 2000 people at the open house. 175 million investment and Wood county zoning and improving 2000 acres right across the street.
Maybe that "evil mean greedy, friend of big business" John Kasich is getting some results.
Keep it up John, we need the jobs and investment up here in NW Ohio.
All of these expansions and investments were planned well before Kasich took office. There is no credit due to Kasich.
CSD

United States

#72 Jun 29, 2011
ENUF wrote:
<quoted text>
All of these expansions and investments were planned well before Kasich took office. There is no credit due to Kasich.
So why didn't they invite Strickland ?
Dairyman

Watkins Glen, NY

#73 Jun 29, 2011
It is a very good news that Dannon is expanding in this hard economy. I am a 35+ years of experienced dairy technologist. Currently working for a nationaly recognized compan. Soon I am planning to leave this company.
I see nutritional label of your Greek yogurt and I do not like it. If you are interested to make all natural Greek yogurt with a clean ingredient legend please contact me at my email. I would like to work in Minster, Ohio.
Thanks
say what

Mount Hope, OH

#74 Jun 29, 2011
Willow wrote:
These people are billionaires and Ohio is giving them a tax credit and a grant? Are you serious? No wonder Ohio has no money, the governor is giving it away to the wealthiest people in the state!
WOW, wonder what Governor CASH is getting in return - an island hide-a-way? new car? cash? a face lift? He's like a rat terrier trying to run with the big dogs -- how funny!
He's getting a real cool "SB5 tattoo"!!!!
Vendor

Lewiston, ME

#75 Jun 30, 2011
Just want to bring up another point that has not been mentioned and that is the jobs that will be created by Dannons expansion. I am a small business owner who has worked with Dannon and this expansion is good news for a lot of small businesses. I am surprised to hear some of the negative comments - job creation at Dannon is job creation for many other businesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yorkshire Music Thread Feb 13 Musikologist 1
furniture store (Sep '11) May '16 munch 3
Our Police Department (Dec '15) Dec '15 MEtoo 2
Camper fire (Sep '15) Sep '15 Curios 1
Victor Barnard...up to $25,000 reward for info.... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Jeff Sjolander 1
candle company in minster (Aug '14) Nov '14 Adam 2
kard welding (Aug '14) Aug '14 tony 1

Minster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minster Mortgages