Kasich tours Dannon plant, announces expansion | The Columbus Dispatch

In his state effort to make Ohio "cool," Gov. John Kasich apparently doesn't have much work to do in the state's western farm communities north of Piqua. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
CSD

United States

#1 Jun 28, 2011
Kasich wins the day again !!! How come Strickland never held any events like this ?
Ted Strickland

United States

#2 Jun 28, 2011
CSD wrote:
Kasich wins the day again !!! How come Strickland never held any events like this ?
I was too busy holding exit interviews for 400,000 people
You are a Tool

Dublin, OH

#3 Jun 28, 2011
Ted Strickland wrote:
<quoted text>
I was too busy holding exit interviews for 400,000 people
Yes, Ted was busy. All those people headed to the door, after 16 years of Republican rule under Daft and Voinovich and Republican legislatures. He was supposed to fix all their mess in 4 years right? Now we are back to the same idiots in charge, only they are even more radical.

Kasich sucks and has yogurt for brains. That is why he only has a 30% approval rating. That means that only his base supports him. The middle and moderate Republicans have left him. This fall, when SB5 is overturned in the referendum, it will be a referendum on his tenure as Governor, and then the long slow and torturous remainder of his failed administration will begin, ending with him being replaced with person of good Character and Morals in 2014. Richard Cordray.
GET A CLUE

Saint Henry, OH

#4 Jun 28, 2011
Dannon has been constantly expanding for years, this is nothing new.
worker

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 28, 2011
The Koch brothers. They throw money at any cause that helps eliminate the middle class. First unions, then the minimum wage. The party of family values only if you have enough money. I saw two young Columbus firemen at the store today. They didn't look like thugs to me.
Double Standard

Columbus, OH

#7 Jun 28, 2011
You are a Tool wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Ted was busy. All those people headed to the door, after 16 years of Republican rule under Daft and Voinovich and Republican legislatures. He was supposed to fix all their mess in 4 years right? Now we are back to the same idiots in charge, only they are even more radical.
Kasich sucks and has yogurt for brains. That is why he only has a 30% approval rating. That means that only his base supports him. The middle and moderate Republicans have left him. This fall, when SB5 is overturned in the referendum, it will be a referendum on his tenure as Governor, and then the long slow and torturous remainder of his failed administration will begin, ending with him being replaced with person of good Character and Morals in 2014. Richard Cordray.
How much longer can you Liberals keep blaming Republicans?
Let's face fact your Messiah owns the economy now. How's the deficit now?
Give Kasich credit for creating jobs and creating a business enviroment.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#8 Jun 28, 2011
Wow, they're giving this company a million dollars. Sounds more like Mayor Coleman's spendthrift shenanigans.
Bus Driver

Columbus, OH

#9 Jun 28, 2011
worker wrote:
I saw two young Columbus firemen at the store today. They didn't look like thugs to me.
I saw a cop at the doughnut shop today. He looked like an idiot.
Toni

United States

#10 Jun 28, 2011
"But I know those guys." Seriously Governor? Of course you know them - you are following their game plan you stooge!
TED Lost

Hilliard, OH

#11 Jun 28, 2011
You are a Tool wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Ted was busy. All those people headed to the door, after 16 years of Republican rule under Daft and Voinovich and Republican legislatures. He was supposed to fix all their mess in 4 years right? Now we are back to the same idiots in charge, only they are even more radical.
Kasich sucks and has yogurt for brains. That is why he only has a 30% approval rating. That means that only his base supports him. The middle and moderate Republicans have left him. This fall, when SB5 is overturned in the referendum, it will be a referendum on his tenure as Governor, and then the long slow and torturous remainder of his failed administration will begin, ending with him being replaced with person of good Character and Morals in 2014. Richard Cordray.
And just how many jobs did Ted Strickland save? NONE! He lost over 400,000 jobs and was totally clueless in know how to work with business in order to keep jobs in Ohio.
Even worse was his Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher who as Development Director did nothing to keep those jobs in Ohio.
Kasich is opening doors by keeping taxes lower, incentives to employ workers in Ohio and less business regulations to attrach businesses. Also, the fact that the unions do not control business in Ohio helps.
No new business will come to a state where the unions choke out companies with the threats of strikes and work slow downs.
Give Kasich some credit. He has save or brought more jobs to Ohio in 6 month than Strickland did in 4 years.
Blinded-By-The-R ight

United States

#12 Jun 28, 2011
Double Standard wrote:
<quoted text>
How much longer can you Liberals keep blaming Republicans?
Let's face fact your Messiah owns the economy now. How's the deficit now?
Give Kasich credit for creating jobs and creating a business enviroment.
Wooha there Grasshopper! Give Kasich Credit for CREATING JOBS!? Creating a BUSINESS ENVIOREMENT!?

What JOBS has this Son-of-Shyt Created?
What Business Enviorement? TaxPayers Helping the Rich get Richer!

Tax Cuts DO Not Create JOBS!!! as Proven during the Reagan Years, Bush 1 and Bush 2.

You Blamed Gov. Strickland for 400,000 Jobs Loss! Wrong! It was the ECONOMY STUPID! The Enviorement that the GOP Created 1995 to Dec 2006! Gram Leach Bliley Act 1999!

This One is GLOBAL and 2ND to the GREAT DEPRESSION!!
Mayberry Resident

Fremont, OH

#13 Jun 28, 2011
Nice expansion, investment and jobs for a great litle town.

According to media there were two other big announcements in NW Ohio today.

Johnson Controls, Lucas County will invest 138M and create 70 new jobs and

CSX opened their new National Gateway intermodal yard with 2000 people at the open house. 175 million investment and Wood county zoning and improving 2000 acres right across the street.

Maybe that "evil mean greedy, friend of big business" John Kasich is getting some results.

Keep it up John, we need the jobs and investment up here in NW Ohio.
Toni

United States

#14 Jun 28, 2011
Double Standard wrote:
<quoted text>
How much longer can you Liberals keep blaming Republicans?
Let's face fact your Messiah owns the economy now. How's the deficit now?
Give Kasich credit for creating jobs and creating a business enviroment.
I think the larger question is how long will Republican's take to fess up to their game plan of failure. Every election cycle comes the call to elminate taxes saying that it will keep jobs here, and ever year that we give these companies taxpapyer funded welfare (which is what tax abatements are - company's get off, but Ohio Taxpayers shoulder more of the burden), more jobs leave over the next four years following.

You guys remind me of a gambling addict we all know of - Art Schlister. Art is constantly losing, constantly scamming people and always asking for another chance to reform himself. It's never his fault (like Republicans NEVER accept any blame for their mess) and he just keep asking for just one more shot. Just like Republicans.

So before you curse "liberals" look in the mirror at yourself, and you'll see the face of one person to blame.
Blinded-By-The-R ight

United States

#15 Jun 28, 2011
TED Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
And just how many jobs did Ted Strickland save? NONE! He lost over 400,000 jobs and was totally clueless in know how to work with business in order to keep jobs in Ohio.
Even worse was his Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher who as Development Director did nothing to keep those jobs in Ohio.
Kasich is opening doors by keeping taxes lower, incentives to employ workers in Ohio and less business regulations to attrach businesses. Also, the fact that the unions do not control business in Ohio helps.
No new business will come to a state where the unions choke out companies with the threats of strikes and work slow downs.
Give Kasich some credit. He has save or brought more jobs to Ohio in 6 month than Strickland did in 4 years.
You are the First to say "Government Does Not Create JOBS!" Well Then Government does not LOOSE JOBS!

YOU SAID THIS
"Give Kasich some credit. He has save or brought more jobs to Ohio in 6 month than Strickland did in 4 years."

How many did he SAVE? Do not use Bob Evans as a reference! I am Very Close to Bob Evans MGMT> It was all a Set up by Kasich and Co. with Buck Reinhert Doing the SPIN!

American Greetings, and Diebold were the same as Bob Evans!
Blinded-By-The-R ight

United States

#16 Jun 28, 2011
Toni wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the larger question is how long will Republican's take to fess up to their game plan of failure. Every election cycle comes the call to elminate taxes saying that it will keep jobs here, and ever year that we give these companies taxpapyer funded welfare (which is what tax abatements are - company's get off, but Ohio Taxpayers shoulder more of the burden), more jobs leave over the next four years following.
You guys remind me of a gambling addict we all know of - Art Schlister. Art is constantly losing, constantly scamming people and always asking for another chance to reform himself. It's never his fault (like Republicans NEVER accept any blame for their mess) and he just keep asking for just one more shot. Just like Republicans.
So before you curse "liberals" look in the mirror at yourself, and you'll see the face of one person to blame.
Very Well Said!! Thank You!
Grove City Grump

Grove City, OH

#17 Jun 28, 2011
CSD wrote:
Kasich wins the day again !!! How come Strickland never held any events like this ?
Self respect.
John

Columbus, OH

#18 Jun 28, 2011
The state gave Dannon 88 million dollars to create 100 new jobs. That is 880 thousand dollars for each new job. I could do it a lot cheaper than that. What a crock Kasuck is.
Dave

Westerville, OH

#19 Jun 28, 2011
John wrote:
The state gave Dannon 88 million dollars to create 100 new jobs. That is 880 thousand dollars for each new job. I could do it a lot cheaper than that. What a crock Kasuck is.
Kasich toured the Dannon facility today as part of an event to announce a plant expansion and $88 million investment by the company. Dannon promised to create 100 new jobs at the MInster plant over the next three years and will get a job-creation tax credit of $566,000 and a $460,000 grant for workforce training and new equipment from the state of Ohio.

John, you may want to check the article again, and once again more new jobs for Ohio!
the Hilt

Blacklick, OH

#20 Jun 28, 2011
worker wrote:
The Koch brothers. They throw money at any cause that helps eliminate the middle class. First unions, then the minimum wage. The party of family values only if you have enough money. I saw two young Columbus firemen at the store today. They didn't look like thugs to me.
good point
the Hilt

Blacklick, OH

#21 Jun 28, 2011
worker wrote:
The Koch brothers. They throw money at any cause that helps eliminate the middle class. First unions, then the minimum wage. The party of family values only if you have enough money. I saw two young Columbus firemen at the store today. They didn't look like thugs to me.
my wife a teacher and i bought a union thug tee shirt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Victor Barnard...up to $25,000 reward for info.... Dec '14 Jeff Sjolander 1
candle company in minster (Aug '14) Nov '14 Adam 2
kard welding (Aug '14) Aug '14 tony 1
Strickland campaigns for Clinton (Feb '08) Apr '14 police 17
Bruckens (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jake Lynn 1
Threat Found In New Bremen (Oct '13) Oct '13 Pathetic 1
Deputies cars always at home (Jul '13) Sep '13 concerned 2
Minster Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Minster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:50 am PST

NFL 8:50AM
Josh McCown: I want to help Manziel as much as I can
CBS Sports 2:08 PM
Josh McCown signing with Browns puts Bills in tough spot at QB
Bleacher Report 3:30 AM
Bengals' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Browns' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
ESPN 9:25 AM
McCown expects to start at QB for Browns