Light rail vision takes shape in Twin...

Light rail vision takes shape in Twin Cities suburbs

There are 39 comments on the Finance and Commerce story from Nov 21, 2011, titled Light rail vision takes shape in Twin Cities suburbs. In it, Finance and Commerce reports that:

The rails and trails around Beltline Drive in St. Louis Park will undergo major changes as the Southwest LRT line is built through the area on its way to Eden Prairie.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Finance and Commerce.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Nov 22, 2011
The vision...

Trains that operate at a loss and are a permanent drain on budgets.

Trains that provide jobs for union workers who will ultimately go on strike.

Trains that create congestion.

Trains that increase people's commute times by hours.

It's all bad.
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 22, 2011
This LRT must be killed soonest. We just don't have another billion dollars to throw around anymore.
icouldusesomehel p

Huntington Beach, CA

#3 Nov 22, 2011
We have dozens of trains, 60 some stations and a subway.

Traffic still sucks. The only people that ride the zillion dollar trains are the people that used to ride the bus.
Mom called-behave child

Kent, WA

#4 Nov 22, 2011
How would you know if you don't ? Never mind, you're the guy who makes things up....
icouldusesomehel p

Huntington Beach, CA

#5 Nov 22, 2011
Mom called-behave child wrote:
How would you know if you don't ? Never mind, you're the guy who makes things up....
My office overlooks the Blue Line station in Downtown Long Beach. I pass by the station at least twice a day on my way to my car. I often pass by on my way to lunch. I get a pretty clear picture of who rides the train. In the last eight years, I've passed by the station about 8,000 times. Then there's the dozens of news stories written about the success and failure of the Los Angeles metro train system. And, of course, I drive by the trains at several points during my commute. I would say that gives me a pretty good idea of train ridership.
Mom called-behave child

Kent, WA

#6 Nov 22, 2011
icouldusesomehel p wrote:
<quoted text>
My office overlooks the Blue Line station in Downtown Long Beach. I pass by the station at least twice a day on my way to my car. I often pass by on my way to lunch. I get a pretty clear picture of who rides the train. In the last eight years, I've passed by the station about 8,000 times. Then there's the dozens of news stories written about the success and failure of the Los Angeles metro train system. And, of course, I drive by the trains at several points during my commute. I would say that gives me a pretty good idea of train ridership.
You see one station....... You drive by trains..... You got me ??? LMAOROTF !
Suspect

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Nov 22, 2011
icouldusesomehel p wrote:
We have dozens of trains, 60 some stations and a subway.
Traffic still sucks. The only people that ride the zillion dollar trains are the people that used to ride the bus.
Train riders in Minnesota are the same types.

All the trains do is upgrade the ride of the losers who arn't working, looking for someone to rip off, have nothing better to do than harrass transit riders etc....

Mom called-behave child

Kent, WA

#8 Nov 22, 2011
Suspect wrote:
<quoted text>
Train riders in Minnesota are the same types.
All the trains do is upgrade the ride of the losers who arn't working, looking for someone to rip off, have nothing better to do than harrass transit riders etc....
(aren't, harass) Yeah, and save money on maintenance, drivers, and carry an increased number of passengers faster.....
Here ya go

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Nov 22, 2011
Chaos comes to suburbs, thans to LRT!!
Mom called-behave child

Kent, WA

#10 Nov 22, 2011
Yeah, and save money on maintenance, drivers, and carry an increased number of passengers faster.....
Sam

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Nov 22, 2011
Mom called-behave child wrote:
Yeah, and save money on maintenance, drivers, and carry an increased number of passengers faster.....
Hey Mom. You gonna ride me & make my moral compass point towards you again tonight? Ha ha.
Mom called-behave child

Kent, WA

#12 Nov 22, 2011
Looky sam shows as trolls get mad ??? What a coincidence, huh ??? See, I taught you something ! Good girl ! Now we can progress to teach you something about insults. You showed pride in being a dirty liar, just like IrishMn. My pointing it out OFTEN, shouldn't be a problem. Certainly not an insult, "hear sons" ! LMAOROTF ! YOU'RE WELCOME !
Sam

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Nov 22, 2011
Mom called-behave child wrote:
Looky sam shows as trolls get mad ??? What a coincidence, huh ??? See, I taught you something ! Good girl ! Now we can progress to teach you something about insults. You showed pride in being a dirty liar, just like IrishMn. My pointing it out OFTEN, shouldn't be a problem. Certainly not an insult, "hear sons" ! LMAOROTF ! YOU'RE WELCOME !
Hey Mom. You got the best points I ever seen. Ha ha.
Mom called-behave child

Kent, WA

#15 Nov 23, 2011
icouldusesomehel p wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen the trains 8,000 times. I follow the news. I live here. So what would it take to be granted your grace?
Can you be specific and on-topic, please?
Hmmm ? Sounds like you don't ride it, you're notoriously cheap, and don't care about other folks. It's too bad trials are so expensive, when a single biased witness, is ALL WE NEED !??? Oh yeah, didn't you get proved wrong, then write something stupid like, YOU decide the question ???? LMAOROTF !
Mom called-behave child

Kent, WA

#17 Nov 23, 2011
Garbage mouth.
Mom called-behave child

Kent, WA

#19 Nov 23, 2011
icouldusesomehel p wrote:
<quoted text>
Go f yourself.
Perhaps, a quote. I will admit, you're often better, than some folks here, but kinda tight.
Becky Stan

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Nov 23, 2011
Here ya go wrote:
Chaos comes to suburbs, thans to LRT!!
Actually, chaos came to the suburbs a long time ago, thanks to ever expanding section 8 public housing.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#21 Nov 23, 2011
Becky Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, chaos came to the suburbs a long time ago, thanks to ever expanding section 8 public housing.
Isn't it interesting that the inner city Libs send their problems to the suburbs (Livable Communities Act) and the result is that the inner cities are still cesspools.

But the bonus is that the suburbs are getting just like the inner cities.

Oh, joy.
Not that bad

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Nov 23, 2011
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it interesting that the inner city Libs send their problems to the suburbs (Livable Communities Act) and the result is that the inner cities are still cesspools.
But the bonus is that the suburbs are getting just like the inner cities.
Oh, joy.
Actually when the section 8 hits many 'burbs, they are a minority and are quickly isolated and booted out, one way or the other.

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#23 Nov 23, 2011
Not that bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually when the section 8 hits many 'burbs, they are a minority and are quickly isolated and booted out, one way or the other.
Not just Section 8. Drive through any of the first and 2nd tier suburbs. You will see the results of the push to remove problems from the inner city. Thank you to Myron Orfield and all of those DFL legislators that drank the Kool-Aid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnetonka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tech CEOs HAIL Trump Jun 20 London hit again 1
Is Section 8 housing vulnerable Jun 17 The Man 2
Clinton NEVER LIED Jun 12 FCC investigated ... 4
News Bucklin family thanks public for support (Nov '10) Jun 1 from oliver 28
Trump supports NATO May 24 FCC investigated ... 1
He is working May 24 Hillary LOST 1
News Doctor seeks to ease vaccine fears amid Minneso... May '17 zippok 11

Minnetonka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minnetonka Mortgages