Jewish state senator objects to visit...

Jewish state senator objects to visiting Baptist pastor's invocation

There are 134 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 15, 2011, titled Jewish state senator objects to visiting Baptist pastor's invocation. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Minnesota state senator who is Jewish said Tuesday she was "highly uncomfortable" while a visiting Baptist pastor repeatedly mentioned Jesus Christ and Christianity in a prayer on the floor of the state Senate a day earlier, and wants to require that prayers in the chamber be nondenominational.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Celebrate Liberty and Freedom”

Since: Sep 09

Mpls

#164 Mar 16, 2011
aveteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one law based on Christianity, and I'll show you an unconstitutional law. Try again.
shall not kill......

Mpls

#165 Mar 16, 2011
aveteran wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution dates itself from the founding of the nation. It in no way infers, implies, or states the primacy of the Declaration. Try again.
Wrong as the link clearly proves in 1897 the US Supreme court ruled the Constitution and the Dec of Independence are linked.

Mpls

#166 Mar 16, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's national security advisor James Jones' Jewish joke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PmUb_cXI5aIXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
well correct and Obama's twenty yr mentor Rev Wright is a huge anti semite even on the news today ranting about Jews.
Mike

Winona, MN

#167 Mar 16, 2011
I thought there was a wall between religion and government. Why are any priests, rabbi's,, ministers, Imams or grand pooba's leading any sort of prayer in our legislature?

“Earn it one day at a time”

Madison WI

#168 Mar 16, 2011
aveteran wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution dates itself from the founding of the nation. It in no way infers, implies, or states the primacy of the Declaration. Try again.
Sorry the US supreme court disagrees with you as proving in 1897......you are not the courts
Don Rickles

Minneapolis, MN

#169 Mar 16, 2011
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's national security advisor James Jones' Jewish joke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PmUb_cXI5aIXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
Now that was funny and so true.
chuck

Minneapolis, MN

#170 Mar 16, 2011
aveteran wrote:
<quoted text>
That "religion of peace" would be the gun-toting Christians, right?
LOL, give it up. You're losing this battle and you know it. What a pathetic comment. You know what I'm referring to and you know it's a correct statement, which is why it bothers you so much.

“Earn it one day at a time”

Madison WI

#171 Mar 16, 2011
Mike wrote:
I thought there was a wall between religion and government. Why are any priests, rabbi's,, ministers, Imams or grand pooba's leading any sort of prayer in our legislature?
well because you are free to practice the religion of your choice you are forbidden against practicing........next.

Since: Oct 07

Bawlmer

#172 Mar 16, 2011
Gary Craft wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that, then you really are STUPID! I suggest you do some research before you try to debate me. You really don't have your facts right.
You don't have the capability of debating using facts. You don't have a clue.
yawn

Minneapolis, MN

#173 Mar 16, 2011
Mike wrote:
That was a phoney wall put up by liberal wackos. Religion and God have always been a part of the US and state governments. If you would have studied history you would know that!

Bawlmer

#174 Apr 6, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, give it up. You're losing this battle and you know it. What a pathetic comment. You know what I'm referring to and you know it's a correct statement, which is why it bothers you so much.
Gotcha. You're admitting you're a racist.

Bawlmer

#175 Apr 6, 2013
Tank Murdoch wrote:
<quoted text>shall not kill......
Fail. Societies pre-dating Christianity and the Bible also outlawed murder. Pull your head out and try again.

Bawlmer

#176 Apr 6, 2013
Tank Murdoch wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong as the link clearly proves in 1897 the US Supreme court ruled the Constitution and the Dec of Independence are linked.
Is that an example of conservatard judges legislating from the bench?
What a Cry Baby

Saint Paul, MN

#177 Apr 27, 2013
Maybe some of her constituents should Un-Elect Her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnetonka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: MXT Associates (Aug '11) 35 min Sarah 10
News Burnsvillle woman charged with stealing demente... Aug 22 pelove 1
News Carver County judge narrows list of potential P... Jul 30 CherylConaty 1
News Bucklin family thanks public for support (Nov '10) Jul '16 Oliver 25
News UnitedHealth raises quarterly dividend 30 percent (May '11) Mar '16 Ha Ha Ha Ha 6
News Alleged Minnesota rape victim featured in PBS d... (Jun '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 8
Minnesota Valley Warriors, Minor League Footbal... (Jul '15) Jul '15 minnesotavalleywa... 1

Minnetonka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minnetonka Mortgages