UnitedHealth expects 2011 profit to slip

UnitedHealth expects 2011 profit to slip

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 27, 2010, titled UnitedHealth expects 2011 profit to slip. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Managed care company UnitedHealth Group Inc. said today it expects a drop in earnings per share next year compared to its 2010 projections, despite an anticipated revenue increase.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

AgitProp News

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 29, 2010
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2...

As 60 Minutes reported last November , Medicare fraud is rampant and has now replaced the cocaine (ahem) business as the major criminal activity in South Florida. Both 60 Minutes and the Washington Post report that Medicare fraud now costs American taxpayers roughly $60 billion a year. That may sound like a lot of money, but surely it pales next to the extraordinary profits of private insurance companies, right?

Well, let's see.... Last year, the profits of the ten largest insurance companies in America were just over $8 billion -- combined. No single insurance company made even five percent of what Medicare reportedly loses in fraud.

$60 billion..."close enough for government work".
whatever

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Nov 29, 2010
UHC lies.. I worked there.. THis is just a ploy to lower the cost of their stock so the execs can buy it up cheep, then announce record profits so they make billions.

of course they will have to jack your rates by 20-30% again just like they always do.
Real healthcare reform would say all Health Insurance is non-profit. but that will never happen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnetonka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walter Palmer Wed nasty 3
Minnesota Valley Warriors, Minor League Footbal... Jul 8 minnesotavalleywa... 1
Cullen Anderson is soooo good! (Oct '10) Jun 30 CULLEN G ANDERSON 2
News Man Shot After Fleeing Eden Prairie Police Charged Jun '15 FOVR 7
News Alleged Minnesota rape victim featured in PBS d... Jun '15 d see the light 3
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a Jun '15 St louis park del... 1
News Nestle Nutrition to close St. Louis Park plant,... (Jan '11) Jun '15 Mjcummins 53
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minnetonka Mortgages