As age overtakes youth, schools brace

Full story: Star Tribune

The old-age population boom is already shifting the state's budget from schools to health.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 3, 2010
Fernbrook

Toronto, Canada

#1 Nov 3, 2010
Robbie

Edenton, NC

#2 Nov 3, 2010
And of course nobody seen this coming until the last 10 years. WRONG every politician knew this was coming and instead of addressing it 40 years ago they continued to sweep it under the rug thinking it was just going to disappear?? Now the libs and cons are panicing as well they should, but to suggest that SS will be taken away and people will just have to live in the streets is laughable if it wasn't the direct threat of some legislators---"It was never the peoples money to begin with and can be taken at any time" In my school district we have faced levy increases everyother year for the last 8 years but yet you say there is a reduction in students and those in favor of the levys are telling the people they need bigger and newer schools because of the increasing population of students---somebody is dishing out BS here. After passing a huge levy to build a new shcool the attendance has increased by 21 students over the past 3 years!!! Once we get our elected officials to start telling us the truth maybe this country can get turned in the right direction but not the way thins have been in the last decade. Lie and then lie again to cover up the last lie---"America The Beautiful", yeah right..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnetonka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Green Line train hits pedestrian Aug 28 Slewer 2
Johnson supporter vandalizes bike trail to get ... Aug 26 Alf 1
People we can do better for a fallen officer Aug 25 Free to go home 2
Santorini Tavern closes in Eden Prairie Aug 13 JB SLP 1
Proposed homeless youth building in Edina draws... Aug 11 cowboy chris 4
Review: Halvorson's (Jun '11) Aug 5 Mmmr 26
Reporter Rusty Gatenby let go at KSTP after DWI... (Feb '14) Aug 4 rusty wantbe 6
•••
•••
Minnetonka Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minnetonka Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minnetonka People Search