Amy Hockert leaving KARE-11

Amy Hockert leaving KARE-11

There are 59 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Amy Hockert leaving KARE-11. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

There's a change coming to the KARE anchor desk. While recent unfounded gossip focused on the possible departure of the KARE-TV, Channel 11's meteorologist Sven Sundgaard, it turns out it's weekend anchor Amy ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dave

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Sep 12, 2008
This is a shock...
Good Luck Amy!!!
JAdams

AOL

#2 Sep 12, 2008
Never heard of her.
Not Surprised

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Sep 12, 2008
The "blonding" at KARE continues. Hope she reappears at KMSP or KSTP after her maternity leave.
Monk

Manitowoc, WI

#7 Sep 12, 2008
Not Surprised wrote:
The "blonding" at KARE continues. Hope she reappears at KMSP or KSTP after her maternity leave.
Its KAREs loss and ours. Hope you are right. Family first.
Gndydncr

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Sep 12, 2008
Not Surprised wrote:
If I remember a story from several months ago, I think Amy and husband, Chris Dowling live out of state. She may be gone for good.
Roseville

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Sep 12, 2008
She lives on the east coast -- she's been flying back on the weekends for like a year. Now that she has a baby, I can see where that would get old, for both employee and employer.
Metro Resident

AOL

#11 Sep 12, 2008
I wish Mike Pomeranz could have a baby, live on the east coast and move! He has got to go! I can't watch when he's on. Head of hair but nothing between the ears.

I'll watch their weather when Belinda Jensen's on.

And Diana's getting to be a snit. They had a female guest on the other day and a near empty soft-sided bag being used to demo items soundlessly dropped backwards and Diane pretty much "dismissed" the guest. Didn't even say thank you. The poor guest was just in Diana's way.
Dr_ Daniel Jackson

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Sep 12, 2008
Metro Resident wrote:
And Diana's getting to be a snit. They had a female guest on the other day and a near empty soft-sided bag being used to demo items soundlessly dropped backwards and Diane pretty much "dismissed" the guest. Didn't even say thank you. The poor guest was just in Diana's way.
you can't be in the way or her shot.
Budd Crayfish

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Sep 12, 2008
She'll be missed: I'm just grateful when I witness an anchor or reporter in this podunk market without some godawful speech impediment, fsuch as a lifsp. Hey, Frankie V.: it's, 'police', not ,'pleefs'.
Rick F

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Sep 12, 2008
Amy is going to be missed. But I can understand how difficult it is for her as her husband is living out east and I believe that were they had the baby. So I am not surprised that she is leaving. I wish her well in her future.
Citizen Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Sep 12, 2008
who cares!?! they make good money, they can make the travels. besides, if you're not living in minnesota, i don't want you telling me about what's going on in my state/home.
JJohn

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Sep 12, 2008
KARE 11.....Need hot looking female that can read a teleprompter.....send resume.
fred rogers

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Sep 12, 2008
Citizen Joe wrote:
who cares!?! they make good money, they can make the travels. besides, if you're not living in minnesota, i don't want you telling me about what's going on in my state/home.
normally i don't see eye to eye with you Citizen Joe, but in this case you are right. minnesota only!
Curious

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Sep 12, 2008
I thought she is from Morris, MN.

“m”

Since: Sep 08

here

#19 Sep 12, 2008
shes hot any way you look at her
rysand

Minnetonka, MN

#20 Sep 12, 2008
she is so hot
a local worker

United States

#21 Sep 12, 2008
Not Surprised wrote:
didn't the article say she HAD the baby. I don't know why people want to do this anyway unless they want to get away from home. Must be spendy too, does she have a place here too.
rysand

Minnetonka, MN

#22 Sep 12, 2008
Tybalt wrote:
she didn't even make the list of favorite local news babes. that's mean i know. i don't care is the point.
I thought she was #1??
Phil

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Sep 12, 2008
That's a shame...she made the weekend crew! I refuse to watch Kupchella! She is the one reason I even tuned into KARE for my news on the weekends! Hard to believe KARE would place that type of demand on her! Family first is 100% the right call. Good luck to Amy, and I hope we see her again on our local stations somewhere down the road!
Betty

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#25 Sep 12, 2008
Who?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Providing good customer service Sat Mustanglvr 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Minnesot... (Nov '10) Aug '16 matt 4
News Drug Bust: Eight Arrested in Crime Ring (May '10) Dec '15 Jesse leon 90
How will I like Marshall? (Jul '13) Jan '15 Winersnitsal 2
Ideas and problems (Apr '14) Jan '15 Mangomonster 2
women (Sep '11) Dec '14 GreenEyedMiyah 2
News Schwan Food Co. announces job cuts (Apr '08) Nov '14 monksterQ 41

Minneota Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneota Mortgages