NRA lied: No armed guards at Obama girls’ school

Posted in the Minneapolis Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Terry McCaleb

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jan 18, 2013
Of course there are armed guards at that school, at peast there are when the Obama girls are there. I know for a fact that each girl has a secret service agent assigned to them each day. There are also othere secret service agents nearby. All of those agents are armed.
The Truth Squad

Rancho Mirage, CA

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Terry McCaleb wrote:
Of course there are armed guards at that school, at peast there are when the Obama girls are there. I know for a fact that each girl has a secret service agent assigned to them each day. There are also othere secret service agents nearby. All of those agents are armed.
Low intelligence must be a requirement to be a conservative. Of course secret service agents are armed. They are mandated by law to protect the President of the US and his immediate family plus Vice-President and family. Bush's children til they got in college were protected by the SS. It's the law!

The NRA's ad is a desperate response to the growing demand by the average American to curtail this wild west mentality about guns.

Even Reagan in a 1989 speech was quoted as saying:
“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”
Tired of GOP Lis

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jan 18, 2013
The school that the Obama children attend has no armed guards.

The Obama children have armed Secret Service agents protecting them, which is not in the slightest out of line for children of the leader of the free world.
Terry McCaleb

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jan 18, 2013
The headline to this tbread claims there are no armed guards at the school. That is blatently false. I did not read the OPs post I just scanned it. I was commenting on the falsehood that is in the headline.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#6 Jan 18, 2013
There are NO ARMED GUARDS AT THE SCHOOL, unless the Obama kids are in attendance...

You're wrong and the headline is correct, "the school" has NO ARMED GUARDS.
Slew Theme Song

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jan 18, 2013
Dumbass. MSN says different. Maybe MSN lied?

Sasha and Malia Obama have 11 armed guards at their school
12/24/2012

Sidwell Friends, a Washington, D.C. area private school, has 11 armed security guards and is apparently hiring an additional police officer. The reason that the not-at-all biased staff at Breitbart is bringing this to everyone's attention is because Sasha and Malia Obama attend Sidwell Friends, as did other First Kids like Chelsea Clinton, Tricia Nixon, and Archibald Roosevelt (where, presumably, he wasn't tormented for being named Archibald). "Shame on President Obama … for trying to prevent the parents of other school children from doing what he has clearly done for his own," Awr Hawkins wrote.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#8 Jan 18, 2013
1/17/2013

Newer version, vermin --

This is based on the fact that the online directory for Sidwell Friends lists 11 people as working in the Security Department. Five are listed as “special police officer,” while two are listed as “on call special police officer,” which presumably means they do not work full-time. The directory also lists two weekend shift supervisors, one security officer and the chief of security.

Under the District of Columbia General Order 308.7, a special police officer is a private commissioned police officer with arrest powers in the area that he or she protects. They may also be authorized to bear firearms — but it is not required. Security officers, by contrast, cannot carry firearms and in effect are watchmen. So five to seven security personnel in theory could be licensed to carry firearms.

But we spoke to parents who said they had never seen a guard on campus with a weapon. And Ellis Turner, associate head of Sidwell Friends, told us emphatically:“Sidwell Friends security officers do not carry guns.”(Note: this includes those listed as special police officers.)

Sidwell Friends, by the way, has two distinct campuses, a lower school in Bethesda and a middle and upper schools in Washington. So given shift rotations and three different schools, it appears that the 11 “armed guards” is really just one or two unarmed guards per school at a time.

The most recent data on school security by the National Center for Education Statistics shows that 27 percent of public schools have either police or security guards on campus, with virtually all of the larger schools (1,500 students or more) having such security. Indeed, 58 percent of all public high schools have security personnel.

Interestingly, only 6 percent of all private schools have security personnel, though more than 50 percent of those with more than 1,000 students do have security. Sidwell’s enrollment is just over 1,000 students, so having some security guards is not unusual for a private school of its size.

An NRA spokesman did not return a call for comment.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#9 Jan 18, 2013
Hmmmm ? Should I believe a biased Breitbart "spokesman" or parents from the school ??

"We spoke to parents who said they had never seen a guard on campus with a weapon. And Ellis Turner, associate head of Sidwell Friends, told us emphatically:“Sidwell Friends security officers do not carry guns.”(Note: this includes those listed as special police officers.)"

Let me guess, who the teabagger/moron cantgetitup prefers...
Slew Theme Song

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jan 18, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Hmmmm ? Should I believe a biased Breitbart "spokesman" or parents from the school ??
"We spoke to parents who said they had never seen a guard on campus with a weapon. And Ellis Turner, associate head of Sidwell Friends, told us emphatically:“Sidwell Friends security officers do not carry guns.”(Note: this includes those listed as special police officers.)"
Let me guess, who the teabagger/moron cantgetitup prefers...
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I got no money cuz I got no job
How I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in awful mess
I blew in town 40 years ago, I ain't seen a lotta girls since then
If I could find'em I could get'em but as yet I have'nt met'em
That's why I'm in the shape I'm in ohhhh

Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I got no money cuz I got no job
How I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in awful mess
Another fella told me he had a sister that looked so fine
Instead of being my deliverance, she had a strong resemblance
To a cat named Frankenstein ohhhh....

Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I got no money cuz I got no job
How I wish I had someone to talk to
I'm in awful mess
It's hard for a fella, when he don't know his way around
If I can't find me a honey to help me spend her money
I'm gonna have to blow this town ohhh....

Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
I got no money cuz I got no job
How I wish I had someone to talk to
Im in awful mess
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#14 Jan 18, 2013
Dance VERMIN !!! LMAOROTFu ~!
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jan 19, 2013
NRA lied: No armed guards at Obama girls’ school

There’s a reason they’re call gun “NUTS.” The NRA just lies. These guys should consider teaming up with the religious right, considering the audacity of lies they tell.

You might recall that we reported earlier this week that the NRA had launched an ad/Web site targeting President Obama’s children. The ad claimed – falsely, we now know – that the school the Obama girls attend, Sidwell friends, has “11 armed guards.”

In fact, the school has no armed guards of any kind.

Now, you’d think that when the NRA saw that the source for lie was “Breitbart,” a far right blog known for its sensationalism rather than it’s love of veracity, they’d have double checked. Well, if they did, they double checked with Fox News, because it’s a lie.

(end snip)

The article quotes the Washington Post fact checker.

4 Pinocchios for a slashing NRA ad on security at Sidwell Friends School
Get This

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jan 19, 2013
Soooo Secret Service arn't counted as armed guards?

Oh that's right they are aways partying with some hos.
Pig Lady

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jan 19, 2013
The Secret Service agents are assigned to the Obama children, not the school. Too many moving parts for a bagger to understand.
Get This

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jan 19, 2013
Pig Lady wrote:
The Secret Service agents are assigned to the Obama children, not the school. Too many moving parts for a bagger to understand.
Splitting hairs, the Presidents kids are protected by armed guards.

Correct?

Say it as many times as you want, it don't make it true.

Libertard!!
Consistent

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Jan 19, 2013
Yes, the President - the leader of the free world - and his children are protected by armed guards, just like the children of every Republican president for decades. Just like the children of the leaders of every other major country.

There is no point to your irrational thought.
Get This

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jan 19, 2013
Consistent wrote:
Yes, the President - the leader of the free world - and his children are protected by armed guards, just like the children of every Republican president for decades. Just like the children of the leaders of every other major country.
There is no point to your irrational thought.
Yes, the President - the leader of the free world - and his children are protected by armed guards, just like the children of every Republican president for decades. Just like the children of the leaders of every other major country.

There is no point to your irrational thought.
Amused SLew

Seattle, WA

#21 Jan 19, 2013
I like when children mimic, there's fewer misspelled words and no actual argument. Poor teabagger...
Miss Piggy

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Jan 19, 2013
Bemused SLewer Rat wrote:
I like when children mimic, there's fewer misspelled words and no actual argument. Poor teabagger...
First you say the Tea Party is irrelevant, then you continue to use the sophomoric term "teabagger" which makes you "irrelevant". But you always have been. That's probably why you are so ill-natured. LMFAO!!!!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#23 Jan 19, 2013
Sure, calling irrelevant morons irrelevant, makes one irrelevant or a pig, your chose....

Have a famuily LOSER, then tell other folks how to live.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#25 Jan 19, 2013
See why you're here, too much....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utah teacher shoots herself in the leg at eleme... 59 min NEVER used AC thi... 9
Matt cassel horrendous performance 1 hr Space ace 3
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 hr litesong 32,617
Republicans Simply Don’t Want Minorities To Vote 3 hr Sangelia 13
Peterson whopping his kid 4 hr Ron 3
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr LIbEralS 26,250
Adrian Peterson child abuse 8 hr Adrian 16
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••