1. Modern Communism is a combination of two other forms of government called socialism and fascism.
2. The government owns all property that can be used to make a profit ... farms, factories, mines, railroads, stores, houses, telephone, gas and electric light companies, and nearly every thing else.
3. The government is controlled by one political party.
4. The head of the party is also the head of the country. He is a dictator who has absolute power over everyone.
5. Anyone who criticizes the government may be killed or put in jail.
6. Newspapers may print only what the government tells them to.
7. The leaders of the party are very rich, even when most of the people in the country are starving these people have no freedom.
From a 1957 encyclopedia:
1. The Communist Manifesto maintained capitalism must, in time, give way to the higher form of socialism or communism.
2. The communists openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions.
When I was in high school in the '60s, the communists said they would never attack the U.S. with their military because they knew they would lose. They said they would take over from within.
Does anyone see the connection to what's happening in our country today? Are we rapidly moving in this direction?