'A beautiful victory': Supporters celebrate as Minnesota legalizes gay marriage

May 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TwinCities

Kyle Hanson of Minneapolis dances with his daughter Sofie, 6, as his husband, John Stumme, left, dances with their son Henry, 3, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at Ecolab Plaza in St.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of156
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be of the Sarah Palin wing of Alaska,legal marriage and it's benefits is a government issue don't you think? A marriage license is issue with a stae seal by the government,at least it is in the rest of the 49 states you betcha
I'll have you know that Alaska is a state that has same-sex partner benefits. It, however, is also a state that has a consitutional amendment prohibiting the recognition of same-sex "marriage".

To answer your question, though, no, I do not believe states should issue licenses for marriage because I also believe if there was a fair tax system it wouldn't matter who got 'married'. Other benefits would be decided by the provider of the benefits, e.g., medical coverage under a spouse/partner group, individual, or employer insurance plan.

The government should get out of the business of marriage and, as I said, we wouldn't have this conversation at all. If the government wasn't involved, you and the homo community couldn't give two sh!ts about 'marriage'.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be of the Sarah Palin wing of Alaska,legal marriage and it's benefits is a government issue don't you think? A marriage license is issue with a stae seal by the government,at least it is in the rest of the 49 states you betcha
... oh, and nice deflection and avoidance of any substantive response. Just throw Sarah Palin in and voila, somehow you think that gives you some cred.

“Faith based onHebrew mythology”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Your avatar says a lot. You see homosexual marriage opposition as a Christian thing only. I find it interesting how people like you find it so easy to mock and denigrate easy targets like Christians and Jews, but don't have the moxy or courage to do the same to any Islam sects. Christians won't behead you because you're homosexual, but a lot of Islamists would, yet you'll defile a cross but never a crescent and star.
Yes, I know its off topic, but I'll bring it back. Your 'morality' argument would be a non-issue if our government were small enough that it wasn't meddling in the affairs of men and women for purposes of doling out benefits, be they rates of taxation or otherwise. In other words, get the government out of the business of marriage and we won't have this conversation.
No. you got it wrong -- that's not what my Avatar means at all. If there was a tagline underneath it about marriage equality then I could see that you would make that assumption, but instead I do not limit my observations of christianity to their stand against homosexuality.

Here's what I am saying: Whenever a cross tries to behave like a swastika I will take issue with it -- not just in homosexual matters, but in everything. I have denigrated neither Jews nor Muslims nor Hindus nor Buddhists. None of these faiths actively proselytize in my face like many christians do (not all, no, only the ones who behave like Nazis).

And you're dead wrong that christians will not behead me because I'm homosexual. You have obviously not been following the news about Uganda, Zambia, or today, Georgia. Those are christians who behave like Nazis, and I condemn their behavior in the strongest possible terms. They are entitled to base their faith on Hebrew mythology as they please, but when they try to force it violently down other people's throats then I have a serious problem with it. No other religion is so virulent about proselytizing as the christians, because no other religion's book of faith requires its adherents to preach to others in order to gain salvation.(If you dispute that fact I'd be happy to provide Biblical quotations.)

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen?-- Not so fast. You say the study was announced by "ESPN 1500 Radio personality, His Honor Joe Soucheray, the mayor of Garage Logic" but you fail to mention what the name of the 'study' was. Peer reviewed studies are not announced by radio personalities -- they appear in scientific publications. IF you have a Master's degree in anything you should know that! At the very least, supply us with details of the study (Who? Where? When?) so we can search for it in some publication -- oh wait -- it hasn't been published, has it?(Hint: an oral survey done by a radio station is not considered a "study" in academia.)
So ... I'm still waiting, and ignoring the insults and ridicule being offered up lieu of facts.
The Study was published in the "Logician" the newspaper of the Garage Logic. I am sorry, I don't have the date, but I believe it was in 2009 or 2010. His Honor, Mayor Soucheray was the primary author of the article. His primary supporting documents were the graduation rates of minorities in public high schools in cities such as Chicago, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Kansas City,(See a pattern here?) All major metro areas, cities with tall buildings and a strong liberal flavor. I am sure we could add Philadelphia, Boston, New York City, Atlanta, San Francisco. Check it out and get back to on the results!
Iowan

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

You all thouhgt I left but I did not HA HA HA HA you stpid rethuglciansgasdgiutghwquiegb

Mineesota did the right thing HA HA HA HA HA HA you must be burning witd rahe

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>The Study was published in the "Logician" the newspaper of the Garage Logic. I am sorry, I don't have the date, but I believe it was in 2009 or 2010. His Honor, Mayor Soucheray was the primary author of the article. His primary supporting documents were the graduation rates of minorities in public high schools in cities such as Chicago, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Kansas City,(See a pattern here?) All major metro areas, cities with tall buildings and a strong liberal flavor. I am sure we could add Philadelphia, Boston, New York City, Atlanta, San Francisco. Check it out and get back to on the results!
I'm sorry I couldn't find the article, despite a genuine effort to locate it. I ran a Google search for the phrase "Garage Logic" plus the keywords Logician, Soucheray, study, graduation rates -- but nothing. Test it yourself -- you'll see how disappointing the results are. Do you have a few more details for me?

Maybe I was looking for the wrong phrase. Correct me if I'm wrong -- your original statement was: "Studies have shown that people who live in high density, urban communities are more easily swayed by emotion versus fact." So that was the type of title I was searching for among the numerous "Garage Logic" articles. Now, you will remember from your MBA course that there is a very specific way in which one cites a source. You normally start by mentioning the author (which you indeed provided), followed by the exact title of the study (usually in quotation marks), and then the publication in which it appeared -- underlined, if one follows MLA rules (along with page numbers)-- followed by the exact year, name of the publisher, and location of publication. That is what enables one to see whether the findings of the article were actually tested by the author's peers in his particular scientific field and accepted as scientific fact.

Now, you will excuse me, but I was not able to find that article to which you are referring because, besides the author's name, I am missing all the rest of the details. Without those, the information is of no value to me because the findings cannot be tested. I am not even sure if it was a real study, or merely an editorial presenting the author's own ideas without any proof to substantiate them.

Please write back when you have located them because I am really interested. You'll understand -- we are both educated people here. If you cannot locate the details of the study yourself, how am I going to find them?

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry I couldn't find the article, despite a genuine effort to locate it. I ran a Google search for the phrase "Garage Logic" plus the keywords Logician, Soucheray, study, graduation rates -- but nothing. Test it yourself -- you'll see how disappointing the results are. Do you have a few more details for me?
Maybe I was looking for the wrong phrase. Correct me if I'm wrong -- your original statement was: "Studies have shown that people who live in high density, urban communities are more easily swayed by emotion versus fact." So that was the type of title I was searching for among the numerous "Garage Logic" articles. Now, you will remember from your MBA course that there is a very specific way in which one cites a source. You normally start by mentioning the author (which you indeed provided), followed by the exact title of the study (usually in quotation marks), and then the publication in which it appeared -- underlined, if one follows MLA rules (along with page numbers)-- followed by the exact year, name of the publisher, and location of publication. That is what enables one to see whether the findings of the article were actually tested by the author's peers in his particular scientific field and accepted as scientific fact.
Now, you will excuse me, but I was not able to find that article to which you are referring because, besides the author's name, I am missing all the rest of the details. Without those, the information is of no value to me because the findings cannot be tested. I am not even sure if it was a real study, or merely an editorial presenting the author's own ideas without any proof to substantiate them.
Please write back when you have located them because I am really interested. You'll understand -- we are both educated people here. If you cannot locate the details of the study yourself, how am I going to find them?
Studies have shown that you are a dork.

You want to get technical on that one? We can knit-pick the details, which is what one does when they are losing the argument. Or we can discuss the subject matter.
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Irish, that was childish, even for a complete loser, like you...

Weak deflection, too.

Sad way to behave, when an adult hands your monikers, their walking papers.

Now go wipe your beaten azz....

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Studies have shown that you are a dork.
You want to get technical on that one? We can knit-pick the details, which is what one does when they are losing the argument. Or we can discuss the subject matter.
This is not your discussion -- why do you butt in? Were you able to find the "study" which he/she is citing? That is the whole point of our debate. "Studies have shown ..." he said. What studies? Unless they can be found, and read, and tested, his argument has zero validity. Like the unregistered trolls on here, your response when you don't have logic or reason is to insult and ridicule me. Try using your brain for a change. Think, man, before your run off at the mouth.

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not your discussion -- why do you butt in? Were you able to find the "study" which he/she is citing? That is the whole point of our debate. "Studies have shown ..." he said. What studies? Unless they can be found, and read, and tested, his argument has zero validity. Like the unregistered trolls on here, your response when you don't have logic or reason is to insult and ridicule me. Try using your brain for a change. Think, man, before your run off at the mouth.
Your response, as with most of the Leftist trolls on here, is to knit pick to find a reason not to discuss the specific topic.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

CRASSUS wrote:
Speaking of sheet. Did one of you homosexuals forget to clean up after sex? Or do you always smell like that?
GOD: 2 Kings 18:27, "...that they may eat their own dung and drink their own pisss with you..."

You can stop eating and drinking CRASSUS God was only kidding.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response, as with most of the Leftist trolls on here, is to knit pick to find a reason not to discuss the specific topic.
Your response like all the pew warmers on here, is to avoid answering direct questions each and every time.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nit", not "knit".

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have you know that Alaska is a state that has same-sex partner benefits. It, however, is also a state that has a consitutional amendment prohibiting the recognition of same-sex "marriage".
To answer your question, though, no, I do not believe states should issue licenses for marriage because I also believe if there was a fair tax system it wouldn't matter who got 'married'. Other benefits would be decided by the provider of the benefits, e.g., medical coverage under a spouse/partner group, individual, or employer insurance plan.
The government should get out of the business of marriage and, as I said, we wouldn't have this conversation at all. If the government wasn't involved, you and the homo community couldn't give two sh!ts about 'marriage'.
The Government should get out of all peaceful consensual business between consenting adults.

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>"Nit", not "knit".
THAT is funny. My bad.

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response like all the pew warmers on here, is to avoid answering direct questions each and every time.
OMG! You called me a what? The only thing worse than what you said is to have the fake Seattle resident call me names.

OMG! OMG! Some dipwad named "Reverand Alan" is calling me names.

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
The "specific topic" is the study he cited. I would love to discuss it -- if I can find the content. Is your sole purpose on this board to ridicule people, or do you actually want to contribute to a meaningful discussion? If so, say something of substance instead of ridicule -- if not, I'll have to ignore you as mere background noise. If you were unregistered I wouldn't even answer you; I'm merely being polite.
The Iron Dick

Podgorica, Montenegro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
The "specific topic" is the study he cited. I would love to discuss it -- if I can find the content. Is your sole purpose on this board to ridicule people, or do you actually want to contribute to a meaningful discussion? If so, say something of substance instead of ridicule -- if not, I'll have to ignore you as mere background noise. If you were unregistered I wouldn't even answer you; I'm merely being polite.
Bolshevik Jews exterminate 65 Million Christians in USSR.

Jews destroy Russia !

Watch this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask if my sole purpose on here is to ridicule people. Yet your response to Niether in Post #25 read:

"And with all that education you still believe that a snake spoke, that humans were made 6,000 years ago in the Middle East, and that a man was able to command the sun and moon to 'stand still' for a whole day?!"

"Don't make me laugh man."

You mock a person's religion and you ask if I am here to ridicule people. GFY.

Let's go back to what I said earlier: Studies show you are a dork.
The Iron Dick

Podgorica, Montenegro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask if my sole purpose on here is to ridicule people. Yet your response to Niether in Post #25 read:
"And with all that education you still believe that a snake spoke, that humans were made 6,000 years ago in the Middle East, and that a man was able to command the sun and moon to 'stand still' for a whole day?!"
"Don't make me laugh man."
You mock a person's religion and you ask if I am here to ridicule people. GFY.
Let's go back to what I said earlier: Studies show you are a dork.
Liberals are cancer to Normal World.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of156
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance