'A beautiful victory': Supporters celebrate as Minnesota legalizes gay marriage

May 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TwinCities

Kyle Hanson of Minneapolis dances with his daughter Sofie, 6, as his husband, John Stumme, left, dances with their son Henry, 3, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at Ecolab Plaza in St.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of156
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
liberal free zone

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

I have a double Cheeseburger,

how is your job at the Wendy's drive thru? must be making a big impression with the customers.
Chicken Trashy

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Blathering from another neither misspelled moniker...

Try caps, child.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

ya ya, whine and cry all you want. It IS legal in Minnesota. What kind of cheese do you want with that? LOL.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not quote "studies have shown" -- you did. So which studies were you referring to?? If such "studies" existed you would name them, but since none do your response is to insult me personally.
You can always tell the trolls on this board by their inability to conduct a proper debate of the facts. Instead they resort to insults and ridicule. Show me your "studies" and I'll show you my "statistical analysis." I'm ready.
OH No!!!, You are insulted by an anonymous poster!! How bad does it hurt? The study was announced by ESPN 1500 Radio personality, His Honor Joe Soucheray, the mayor of Garage Logic. As we Christians say.... AMEN As for trolls, you jumped in to insult those who oppose gay marriage on religious grounds with your backhanded elitist remarks!! It is people like you who give gays/lesbians a bad mark!
Bushwhacker

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

STUDIES ???? Oh right, blather, from the "investor"... LMAOROFU~!

Money talks, BS WALKS !!
Spanky

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

It's great to live in Wisconsin! Freaks will flock to MN and good people will join us in gods country. I love Wisconsin!

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>OH No!!!, You are insulted by an anonymous poster!! How bad does it hurt? The study was announced by ESPN 1500 Radio personality, His Honor Joe Soucheray, the mayor of Garage Logic. As we Christians say.... AMEN As for trolls, you jumped in to insult those who oppose gay marriage on religious grounds with your backhanded elitist remarks!! It is people like you who give gays/lesbians a bad mark!
And the Honorable Mayor is never wrong.

You win Niether. Goofball from the goofball State loses.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Once America jumps off the gay bandwagon we can go back to treating them like the disgusting perverts they are.
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Speaking of sheet. Did one of you homosexuals forget to clean up after sex? Or do you always smell like that?

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>OH No!!!, You are insulted by an anonymous poster!! How bad does it hurt? The study was announced by ESPN 1500 Radio personality, His Honor Joe Soucheray, the mayor of Garage Logic. As we Christians say.... AMEN As for trolls, you jumped in to insult those who oppose gay marriage on religious grounds with your backhanded elitist remarks!! It is people like you who give gays/lesbians a bad mark!
Amen?-- Not so fast. You say the study was announced by "ESPN 1500 Radio personality, His Honor Joe Soucheray, the mayor of Garage Logic" but you fail to mention what the name of the 'study' was. Peer reviewed studies are not announced by radio personalities -- they appear in scientific publications. IF you have a Master's degree in anything you should know that! At the very least, supply us with details of the study (Who? Where? When?) so we can search for it in some publication -- oh wait -- it hasn't been published, has it?(Hint: an oral survey done by a radio station is not considered a "study" in academia.)

So ... I'm still waiting, and ignoring the insults and ridicule being offered up lieu of facts.

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

... And, no, insults and ridicule from an anonymous poster does not cause me injury; it makes me laugh so hard that it hurts! You guys have no idea how absurd your rants look to anyone with half a brain, whether educated Conservatives, Libertarians or Liberals. In your anger and frustration you want so badly to lash at out someone, but the only weapons you at your disposal are ridicule and insult. Reason is not available to the christian -- it's all faith, remember? And in your case that faith is based on mythology, so you are bereft of all logic. And the more you wiggle, the tighter the noose becomes, and the louder your squeals. The writing is on the wall for Christianity, unless they can adapt to facts revealed by modern science. Many Christians are certainly trying, but in the face of insurmountable opposition from their own midst, it seems.

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

... I have no more comments left for you until you can produce the details of that "study".

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Truth wrote:
Another small step towards "Liberty and justice for all", "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" and "Equal protection under the law". Now if we could only get those ideals applied in all the other states.
The only concern will be 'Sharia Compliant'.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
Another small step towards "Liberty and justice for all", "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" and "Equal protection under the law". Now if we could only get those ideals applied in all the other states.
Interestingly, when put to a vote of the people, these measures fail. Legislatures and Governors are enacting these laws despite the will of the majority, much like how we got Øbama-scare.

Wake up people! Throw the bums out and start voting for fiscal and social conservatives.

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Interestingly, when put to a vote of the people, these measures fail. Legislatures and Governors are enacting these laws despite the will of the majority, much like how we got Øbama-scare.
Wake up people! Throw the bums out and start voting for fiscal and social conservatives.
Fiscal yes, social NO. Small government does not mean a government that imposes it's own ideas of morality on the nation. We've seen how that works out in Iran and Afghanistan.

But by all means, put up fiscally responsible leaders who respect science and who'll stay out of my brain and my bedroom and I'll vote for them.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
I wrote this on another thread the other day. However, it is worth repeating here.
As one who is a Conservative - but is in favor of allowing gay marriage - I am now going to point out the hypocrisy of the Leftists with respect to gay marriage.
Think back 1 year ago to when the Republicans passed the Constitutional Amendment.
The big argument from the Left was that the State Constitution was not the place to define what marriage is. AND there currently was a law defining marriage in MN as only between a man and a woman.
IN ADDITION, the Democrats stated they had no desire to change marriage as defined by Minnesota Law, but would allow the cases that they were hoping to be heard at the US Supreme Court to determine the future of marriage in Minnesota.
The 2012 elections were held. The GOP got their butts kicked by the DFL and less than 1 month into the new legislative season, the lying DFL'ers presented a bill to allow gay marriage in the State of Minnesota.
The Democrats showed themselves to be lying hypocrites while the Republicans showed themselves to be stupid.
You get the government you voted for and what you deserve. Have at it folks.
Oh sure we get it,the republicans deserve all the credit
for legalizing gay marriage,that sound, like the same talking point that republicans made when Obama killed Bin Laden when your party claim if it wasn't for Bush/cheney torture policy,Obama couldn't have killed bin laden,so the credit should go to us(republicans) lame nonsense from the right and it's most notorious LIAR SL LOL

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

redeemer wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sure we get it,the republicans deserve all the credit
for legalizing gay marriage,that sound, like the same talking point that republicans made when Obama killed Bin Laden when your party claim if it wasn't for Bush/cheney torture policy,Obama couldn't have killed bin laden,so the credit should go to us(republicans) lame nonsense from the right and it's most notorious LIAR SL LOL
No, fake black guy. Obviously, you don't get it.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Fiscal yes, social NO. Small government does not mean a government that imposes it's own ideas of morality on the nation. We've seen how that works out in Iran and Afghanistan.
But by all means, put up fiscally responsible leaders who respect science and who'll stay out of my brain and my bedroom and I'll vote for them.
Your avatar says a lot. You see homosexual marriage opposition as a Christian thing only. I find it interesting how people like you find it so easy to mock and denigrate easy targets like Christians and Jews, but don't have the moxy or courage to do the same to any Islam sects. Christians won't behead you because you're homosexual, but a lot of Islamists would, yet you'll defile a cross but never a crescent and star.

Yes, I know its off topic, but I'll bring it back. Your 'morality' argument would be a non-issue if our government were small enough that it wasn't meddling in the affairs of men and women for purposes of doling out benefits, be they rates of taxation or otherwise. In other words, get the government out of the business of marriage and we won't have this conversation.
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
No, fake black guy. Obviously, you don't get it.
So what am I lying about? give it a shot lying Bo Diddity!
redeemer

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Far Away wrote:
<quoted text>
Your avatar says a lot. You see homosexual marriage opposition as a Christian thing only. I find it interesting how people like you find it so easy to mock and denigrate easy targets like Christians and Jews, but don't have the moxy or courage to do the same to any Islam sects. Christians won't behead you because you're homosexual, but a lot of Islamists would, yet you'll defile a cross but never a crescent and star.
Yes, I know its off topic, but I'll bring it back. Your 'morality' argument would be a non-issue if our government were small enough that it wasn't meddling in the affairs of men and women for purposes of doling out benefits, be they rates of taxation or otherwise. In other words, get the government out of the business of marriage and we won't have this conversation.
You must be of the Sarah Palin wing of Alaska,legal marriage and it's benefits is a government issue don't you think? A marriage license is issue with a stae seal by the government,at least it is in the rest of the 49 states you betcha

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of156
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 44 min SpaceBlues 31,868
Police: 1 Dead, 1 Hurt In North Minneapolis Sta... 1 hr Cow Tipper 8 5
Get away from the cities and all the crime 2 hr Bellweather 12
The truth about arab aggression against israel 2 hr Seattle Slime 19
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Prince Spacemonkey 26,175
It HAPPENED Murder in Muderapolis during All star 3 hr Bellweather 2
Eric Holder another BIG LIAR from the Obuma Admin (Oct '11) 3 hr Bellweather 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search