'A beautiful victory': Supporters celebrate as Minnesota legalizes gay marriage

May 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TwinCities

Kyle Hanson of Minneapolis dances with his daughter Sofie, 6, as his husband, John Stumme, left, dances with their son Henry, 3, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at Ecolab Plaza in St.

Comments
41 - 60 of 156 Comments Last updated May 23, 2013
Paul

Maryland Heights, MO

#43 May 16, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
A truly "intelligent populace" would remove the government from the marriage business entirely. The idea that one needs a license to be married but any dumbass can make babies is ludicrous.
You are correct about separating marriage from government, but you are incorrect to state that one needs a license to be married. That is not true. You need the license if you want to get the advantages that marriage gets from government. You can still marry without a license in a church. However, also remember that if you take government out of marriage, you lose the benefits it offers.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#44 May 16, 2013
P C Free Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, in public, at the State Capital the other day, it was "Thank You, Thank You!"
But now the real haters come out, with bigoted, hostile garbage like this! And you wonder why you will always be second-class. Make that 'No Class!'
Was that your boyfriend I insulted, or are you just his sockpuppet?

LOL

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#45 May 16, 2013
CRASSUS wrote:
<quoted text>I see the homosexuals are back again. Is there a pile around here somewhere? I know they're attracted to the scent.
Your post certainly qualifies as "a pile," but I doubt anyone but another Rightie buttsniffer would be "attracted to the scent." LOL
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#47 May 16, 2013
He got you Josh... Either use the God argument both ways or fold your pervert pup tent.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#48 May 16, 2013
Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
And with all that education you still believe that a snake spoke, that humans were made 6,000 years ago in the Middle East, and that a man was able to command the sun and moon to 'stand still' for a whole day?!
Don't make me laugh man. The phrase "studies have shown" is so overused by your kind of religionist, yet seldom are you guys ever able to quote a specific peer-reviewed study. Please ... PLEASE do us all a favor and quote one scientific study -- even just a single one -- that proves urban dwellers are "more easily swayed by emotion" than people living in the countryside.(Hint: the 2012 election was NOT a peer reviewed study; it doesn't even qualify as empirical data -- all it showed was that the majority of the population was not so gullible to buy the doomsday predictions of the red state dwellers whose faith is based on Hebrew mythology.
I reread your post, Show me the study:"but a statistical analysis definitely shows that there is a higher average level of education in the marriage equality states” You elitist types like to shovel bullshit by using "statistical" studies, but never seem to provide links or proof, so please do all of a favor and quote one truly recognized study that indicates higher educated individuals have a tendency to vote FOR Marriage equality. And for one who says, "they have the right to believe what they wish” yet you show your true elitist, racist bigotry: " whereas lesser educated people tend to succumb to brainwashing and believing the Hebrew mythology passed down from their under-educated ancestors."
You are the epitome of Elitist Asshole.
P C Free Zone

Saint Paul, MN

#49 May 16, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that your boyfriend I insulted, or are you just his sockpuppet?
LOL
Thank you for proving my point so eloquently. You are a fine representative of those who use gay slurs when it suits their purpose. Just like the Slewzer. LOL
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#50 May 16, 2013
Hey, he said boyfriend, but with no connotation, bYtch... If the shoe fits, buy a dozen pairs at THAT PRICE...

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#51 May 16, 2013
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I said. I don't approve of any kind of pedophilia. You tend to make up your own stories for others.
Nope, you said queer pedophiles, implying you think hetero ones are fine and dandy.

Do you go on straight sites and accuse every man of molesting girls?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#52 May 16, 2013
Josh must think his pedophilia is normal ?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#53 May 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
Another small step towards "Liberty and justice for all", "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" and "Equal protection under the law". Now if we could only get those ideals applied in all the other states.
Nicely said.

How long did it take for decent people to over-turn Christian slavery? How long did it take women to get the Bible off their backs and start exercising their right to vote? And now, how long will it take for equality for homosexuals to take place in all 50 states?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#54 May 16, 2013
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I said. I don't approve of any kind of pedophilia. You tend to make up your own stories for others.
What kind of pew warming Christian are you Josh, not approving of God via the Holy Spirit knocking up the virgin Mary when she was 12 years old?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#55 May 16, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, you said queer pedophiles, implying you think hetero ones are fine and dandy.
Do you go on straight sites and accuse every man of molesting girls?
Good question Curteese! We all already know the answer of coure, don't we! No, he only visits gay discussions to stir up dissension.

Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#56 May 16, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post certainly qualifies as "a pile," but I doubt anyone but another Rightie buttsniffer would be "attracted to the scent." LOL
Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#57 May 16, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>The bible is highly unclear on that one. As they are on many. Who did Noah's kids marry after the arc landed? What happened to Joseph AFTER Jesus' birth? Did he take off when he learned that Jesus was NOT actually his kid?
Also, Christians HATE cloning and think if "sinful",they don't like it when sheep are cloned and are worried that they may begin cloning humans, or at least human parts for transplants, etc.
HOWEVER, Eve was literally a clone from Adam,and they ended up having children...and they were NOT married. Why are they NOT upset about them?
Our resident pew warmers should get upset about Christians getting divorced instead of harassing homosexuals for wanting to get married.

A true follower of Jesus can neither divorce someone,
(a) "So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man put asunder"(Matt. 19:6, Mark 10:9), nor marry someone who is divorced,
(b) "whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery" (Matt. 5:32, 19:9, Luke 16:18).

There is an exception to the former, however. If the spouse commits adultery, divorce is permissible: "Whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery" (Matt. 5:32).

The Bible also says that anyone who obtains a divorce and marries another is an adulterer: "...whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her" (Mark 10:11, Luke 16:18), which applies to women as well--Mark 10:12. In essence, according to Christ's teachings:

•(1) one can never obtain a divorce, except from an adulterous spouse;
•(2) one can never marry a divorced person, and
•(3) one who obtains a divorce and marries another is committing adultery.

One can only guess at the number of Christians who have ignored these maxims.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#58 May 16, 2013
P C Free Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for proving my point so eloquently. You are a fine representative of those who use gay slurs when it suits their purpose. Just like the Slewzer. LOL
Thank you, for spamming votes, like the child you are....LOL !!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#63 May 16, 2013
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fagg@t, it's no more perverted than homosexuality. You should know, you engage in both.
Whoah there Josh! There is no comparison between an adult sexually abusing a minor and two consenting adults engaging in straight or homosexual sex. None whatsoever.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#64 May 16, 2013
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Pervert, you have me mixed up with one of your fellow Fagg@ts. You describe them so well.
Gee Josh, you're the "poster child" for hate crime legislation... Good job, little "christian"...

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#65 May 16, 2013
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
All the time. Check it out sometimes. Queer Pedophiles like little boys, and we are among Queers, are we not?
And hetero pedophiles like little girls, both are repugnant.

You really do like to sit and blab the obvious, don't you?

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#66 May 16, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>I reread your post, Show me the study:"but a statistical analysis definitely shows that there is a higher average level of education in the marriage equality states” You elitist types like to shovel bullshit by using "statistical" studies, but never seem to provide links or proof, so please do all of a favor and quote one truly recognized study that indicates higher educated individuals have a tendency to vote FOR Marriage equality. And for one who says, "they have the right to believe what they wish” yet you show your true elitist, racist bigotry: " whereas lesser educated people tend to succumb to brainwashing and believing the Hebrew mythology passed down from their under-educated ancestors."
You are the epitome of Elitist Asshole.
I did not quote "studies have shown" -- you did. So which studies were you referring to?? If such "studies" existed you would name them, but since none do your response is to insult me personally.

You can always tell the trolls on this board by their inability to conduct a proper debate of the facts. Instead they resort to insults and ridicule. Show me your "studies" and I'll show you my "statistical analysis." I'm ready.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#67 May 16, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>I have a double major in economics and business, with a MBA in Business. I oppose gay marriage on the basis of my faith. Studies have shown that people who live in high density, urban communities are more easily swayed by emotion versus fact. Point in case, 2012 election!
I have a double Cheeseburger, that's OBVIOUSLY smarter that you.... on your best day, senile misspelling moron.

Citing education to support faith ??

The irony is ONLY dwarfed, by your lack of honest dialog.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men who don't like football 23 min Sammie 6
The 1% Should Pay Their Fair Share in Taxes 31 min LIbEralS 31
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 12 hr SpaceBlues 32,489
Obamacare More Unpopular Than Ever 16 hr Sadie 9
Obama: "no strategy" on Isis. 16 hr Wendall 12
Minneapolis: A Hotbed For Radical Islam 16 hr JamesA 77
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 19 hr LMS 26,227
•••
•••
•••