'A beautiful victory': Supporters cel...

'A beautiful victory': Supporters celebrate as Minnesota legalizes gay marriage

There are 156 comments on the TwinCities story from May 15, 2013, titled 'A beautiful victory': Supporters celebrate as Minnesota legalizes gay marriage. In it, TwinCities reports that:

Kyle Hanson of Minneapolis dances with his daughter Sofie, 6, as his husband, John Stumme, left, dances with their son Henry, 3, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at Ecolab Plaza in St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.

Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#21 May 15, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
I wrote this on another thread the other day. However, it is worth repeating here.
As one who is a Conservative - but is in favor of allowing gay marriage - I am now going to point out the hypocrisy of the Leftists with respect to gay marriage.
Think back 1 year ago to when the Republicans passed the Constitutional Amendment.
The big argument from the Left was that the State Constitution was not the place to define what marriage is. AND there currently was a law defining marriage in MN as only between a man and a woman.
IN ADDITION, the Democrats stated they had no desire to change marriage as defined by Minnesota Law, but would allow the cases that they were hoping to be heard at the US Supreme Court to determine the future of marriage in Minnesota.
The 2012 elections were held. The GOP got their butts kicked by the DFL and less than 1 month into the new legislative season, the lying DFL'ers presented a bill to allow gay marriage in the State of Minnesota.
The Democrats showed themselves to be lying hypocrites while the Republicans showed themselves to be stupid.
You get the government you voted for and what you deserve. Have at it folks.
Did THEY do it in rounds, like Scrap, scrap, scrap, the Corvair or did you have ALL liberals read your typically moronic script ??? Sure, repeat nonsense, it's almost as valuable as hundreds of judging icons and blathering made up nonsense, YOU NEVER PROVE....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#22 May 15, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Awesome, glad to see yet another domino fall as the old, bigoted, homophobic America disappears and a better, freer one emerges.
Naturally Righties will be crying about this for a long time, as they cried about the end of slavery, the vote for women, the end of official racial discrimination, and the end of 'sodomy' laws.
But who cares? They're disappearing themselves!:)
If only you had a brain.

It is the Dems that are the racists. The Dems are the ones that cried over ending slavery and fought the implementation of Civil Rights.

In fact, the Dems are still fighting to keep all the "less fortunate" on the government plantations and making sure they need their government cheese to survive each month.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
billary 2016

Saint Paul, MN

#23 May 15, 2013
Im Confused wrote:
Whos pitching and whos catching?
if it was to be, God would have created ( IT )

God created Adam & Eve

not adam steve

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
787 Flying

Seattle, WA

#24 May 15, 2013
That was then, this is now.... Funny, you've forgotten the Bush years, but are willing to pretend Liberals aren't NOW supported by minorities, while on another thread you whined about black support for Obama...

So, you got that stock pick, dickless ??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#25 May 15, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>I have a double major in economics and business, with a MBA in Business. I oppose gay marriage on the basis of my faith. Studies have shown that people who live in high density, urban communities are more easily swayed by emotion versus fact. Point in case, 2012 election!
And with all that education you still believe that a snake spoke, that humans were made 6,000 years ago in the Middle East, and that a man was able to command the sun and moon to 'stand still' for a whole day?!

Don't make me laugh man. The phrase "studies have shown" is so overused by your kind of religionist, yet seldom are you guys ever able to quote a specific peer-reviewed study. Please ... PLEASE do us all a favor and quote one scientific study -- even just a single one -- that proves urban dwellers are "more easily swayed by emotion" than people living in the countryside.(Hint: the 2012 election was NOT a peer reviewed study; it doesn't even qualify as empirical data -- all it showed was that the majority of the population was not so gullible to buy the doomsday predictions of the red state dwellers whose faith is based on Hebrew mythology.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#26 May 16, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
If only you had a brain.
It is the Dems that are the racists. The Dems are the ones that cried over ending slavery and fought the implementation of Civil Rights.
In fact, the Dems are still fighting to keep all the "less fortunate" on the government plantations and making sure they need their government cheese to survive each month.
Like most Righties, you live in the past with your head up your a**. Sit down and STFU, idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#27 May 16, 2013
billary 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
if it was to be, God would have created ( IT )
God created Adam & Eve
not adam steve
There have always been homsexuals, so if you believe God created everything, he must have created them as well.

And he's supposedly the 'God of Love,' so he must be OK with gay love, too.

Where did Cain and Abel get their wives, speaking of abominations?

LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Flame Thrower

Cottage Grove, MN

#28 May 16, 2013
We renamed a bridge, now lets rename the city.
How about, St. RuPaul!
P C Free Zone

Minneapolis, MN

#29 May 16, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Like most Righties, you live in the past with your head up your a**. Sit down and STFU, idiot.
Funny, in public, at the State Capital the other day, it was "Thank You, Thank You!"
But now the real haters come out, with bigoted, hostile garbage like this! And you wonder why you will always be second-class. Make that 'No Class!'

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#30 May 16, 2013
Yeah, we see who lies, started the name calling, and posts lies/garbage, SCHMAHL!!!

Now for your stock pick, dick-less...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
liberal free zone

Minneapolis, MN

#31 May 16, 2013
God created Adam & Eve

not adam steve

Time to STOP the sin

The Catholic Church opposes gay marriage and the social acceptance of homosexuality and same-sex relationships. The Vatican and Pope are speaking out against the growing number of places that recognize same-sex marriages.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#33 May 16, 2013
Actually, they were made from Adam's rid, so they share DNA...

Separation of church & state....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
liberal free zone

Minneapolis, MN

#34 May 16, 2013
that is all they should share.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#35 May 16, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
If only you had a brain.
DAY 2

From the loser dodging MY CHALLENGE ??

Come on "little man" !!! GIVE US ALL YOUR STOCK PICK !!!!

LIBERALS!!! Let's remind this cockroach it's LIGHT OUT !!!

Looking for me ?? I'm waiting on your stock pick, dick-less.....

Fake man...

Made 4 daughters (snicker), no manhood in YOUR manhood, Corvair kook !!! LMAOROTFU~!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Smart Liberal

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#36 May 16, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you respond with a personal attack - but nothing to disprove what I said.

Let me educate you: The racists are those that tell minorities that they are not capable of fending for themselves against whitey. They need the government to survive. Bullshit.

This country became the greatest nation on Earth not because of government. They became the greatest because our existence is based on personal responsibility and personal freedom.

You gonna show how smart you are again by calling me names and avoiding the facts of the statements above?

Typical Lib.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#38 May 16, 2013
Smart Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you respond with a personal attack - but nothing to disprove what I said.
Let me educate you: The racists are those that tell minorities that they are not capable of fending for themselves against whitey. They need the government to survive. Bullshit.
This country became the greatest nation on Earth not because of government. They became the greatest because our existence is based on personal responsibility and personal freedom.
You gonna show how smart you are again by calling me names and avoiding the facts of the statements above?
Typical Lib.
Interesting, you're off topic, dodging a manly contest, and re-hashing old BS !!!

BE A MAN, as someone how to fake it !!!

DAY 2

From the loser dodging MY CHALLENGE ??

Come on "little man" !!! GIVE US ALL YOUR STOCK PICK !!!!

LIBERALS!!! Let's remind this cockroach it's LIGHT OUT !!!

Looking for me ?? I'm waiting on your stock pick, dick-less.....

Fake man...

Made 4 daughters (snicker), no manhood in YOUR manhood, Corvair kook !!! LMAOROTFU~!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#39 May 16, 2013
liberal free zone wrote:
God created Adam & Eve
not adam steve
Time to STOP the sin
The Catholic Church opposes gay marriage and the social acceptance of homosexuality and same-sex relationships. The Vatican and Pope are speaking out against the growing number of places that recognize same-sex marriages.
They can speak out against it, but can't do anything about it! Ck out all of the countries that have Catholic for their main religion. Spain, Mexico, just to name 2.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#40 May 16, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
There have always been homsexuals, so if you believe God created everything, he must have created them as well.
And he's supposedly the 'God of Love,' so he must be OK with gay love, too.
Where did Cain and Abel get their wives, speaking of abominations?
LOL
The bible is highly unclear on that one. As they are on many. Who did Noah's kids marry after the arc landed? What happened to Joseph AFTER Jesus' birth? Did he take off when he learned that Jesus was NOT actually his kid?

Also, Christians HATE cloning and think if "sinful",they don't like it when sheep are cloned and are worried that they may begin cloning humans, or at least human parts for transplants, etc.

HOWEVER, Eve was literally a clone from Adam,and they ended up having children...and they were NOT married. Why are they NOT upset about them?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#41 May 16, 2013
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
He created Pedophiles too, right? Also queer Pedophiles too, just like you.
So, by your words, you obviously APPROVE of hetero pedophiles. Got it. Anyone with young daughters, keep them FAR away from Josh.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CRASSUS

Neenah, WI

#42 May 16, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>They can speak out against it, but can't do anything about it! Ck out all of the countries that have Catholic for their main religion. Spain, Mexico, just to name 2.
I see the homosexuals are back again. Is there a pile around here somewhere? I know they're attracted to the scent.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop one word....add one word game (Apr '14) 3 hr texas pete 628
Get Over It! 11 hr Evil Roy Slade 10
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 13 hr Nipz9777 35,608
Obama & BLM mourn monstor Fidel Castro Fri Protesters CAN WORK 50
Child sex ring>Pizzagate>Clinton's>Obama's>FBI ... Dec 1 Georgia 1
News Cops To Drunk Drivers: We'll Make You Listen To... Nov 30 Ferrerman 20
BLM urge rioting over OSU SHOOTING Nov 30 Drumpf 14

Minneapolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Minneapolis Mortgages