'A beautiful victory': Supporters celebrate as Minnesota legalizes gay marriage

May 15, 2013 Full story: TwinCities 156

Kyle Hanson of Minneapolis dances with his daughter Sofie, 6, as his husband, John Stumme, left, dances with their son Henry, 3, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at Ecolab Plaza in St.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#1 May 15, 2013
Another small step towards "Liberty and justice for all", "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" and "Equal protection under the law". Now if we could only get those ideals applied in all the other states.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 May 15, 2013
One thing is becoming apparent in our quest for equality:
It has a lot to do with the IQ levels of the populace of each state
At this point in history; 1/4 of the lower 48 states now have marriage equality; the revealing indicator of an intelligent populace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Im Confused

Saint Paul, MN

#3 May 15, 2013
Whos pitching and whos catching?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Neither of my Teeth

Seattle, WA

#4 May 15, 2013
Spaz Case is catching....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5 May 15, 2013
Im Confused wrote:
That depends on who the players are; sugar

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
P C Free Zone

Saint Paul, MN

#6 May 15, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
At this point in history; 1/4 of the lower 48 states now have marriage equality; the revealing indicator of an intelligent populace
So, if someone disagrees with you they have a low IQ? What a bigot. What do you care what happens in Minnesota, since you live in one of those low IQ states? Hypocrite!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Neither of my Teeth

Seattle, WA

#7 May 15, 2013
You have a low IQ, because you're dumb. Your writing, spelling, and general dissatisfaction with your poopy life, is my proof.

Have a nice day, spam voting.... LMAOROFU~!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#8 May 15, 2013
Has Michele Bachmann been admitted to the Psych Ward yet?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#9 May 15, 2013
From Craigslist Minneapolis:

"For sale, one clinic for the 'treatment and changing of gays'. Must sell due to no longer being legal, and not one client was ever changed anyway. Included, cattle prods, beds with straps, whips, isolation booths, vault where we used to store our gobs of money, both from clients and government handouts. Contact Dr. Marcus Bachmann, at his new job site, Rally's Hamburgers, trainee fry cook."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#10 May 15, 2013
GoldenGator wrote:
Has Michele Bachmann been admitted to the Psych Ward yet?
She is sharing a room with Nancy Pelosi

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#11 May 15, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
Another Racial bigot heard from!! Thanks for confirming what most believe.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#12 May 15, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>She is sharing a room with Nancy Pelosi
Now that sounds like fodder for a new "reality" show. We could call it "Nan and Mitch, the untold story".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#13 May 15, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
A truly "intelligent populace" would remove the government from the marriage business entirely. The idea that one needs a license to be married but any dumbass can make babies is ludicrous.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#14 May 15, 2013
I can't speak to IQ, but a statistical analysis definitely shows that there is a higher average level of education in the marriage equality states.

Now, that may be due to the fact that those states include denser urban areas with a higher concentration of colleges -- and hence college graduates. But nonetheless, it shows that better educated people tend to vote FOR marriage equality, whereas lesser educated people tend to succumb to brainwashing and believing the Hebrew mythology passed down from their under-educated ancestors.

I will continue to defend their right to believe Hebrew mythology if it makes them happy, as long as they also respect my right to enjoy the civil rights that make me happy. But if the christians come at my with scathing attacks and unfounded accusations then all bets are off.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Sausalito, CA

#15 May 15, 2013
Im Confused wrote:
You're better off remaining confused, because the concept of two players pitching at the same time is probably beyond your comprehension.:))

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Sausalito, CA

#16 May 15, 2013
... in the National League every pitcher is also required to take a turn at batting -- the SF Giants' catcher has also been their MVP batter, and every single one of their pitchers can catch a ball like nobody's business.

Do you see how it works now, or are you still confused??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#17 May 15, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that sounds like fodder for a new "reality" show. We could call it "Nan and Mitch, the untold story".
Perfect!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#18 May 15, 2013
Umninimuzi wrote:
I can't speak to IQ, but a statistical analysis definitely shows that there is a higher average level of education in the marriage equality states.
Now, that may be due to the fact that those states include denser urban areas with a higher concentration of colleges -- and hence college graduates. But nonetheless, it shows that better educated people tend to vote FOR marriage equality, whereas lesser educated people tend to succumb to brainwashing and believing the Hebrew mythology passed down from their under-educated ancestors.
I will continue to defend their right to believe Hebrew mythology if it makes them happy, as long as they also respect my right to enjoy the civil rights that make me happy. But if the christians come at my with scathing attacks and unfounded accusations then all bets are off.
I have a double major in economics and business, with a MBA in Business. I oppose gay marriage on the basis of my faith. Studies have shown that people who live in high density, urban communities are more easily swayed by emotion versus fact. Point in case, 2012 election!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The one and only Smart Liberal”

Since: Aug 12

Former MN Tax Payer

#19 May 15, 2013
I wrote this on another thread the other day. However, it is worth repeating here.

As one who is a Conservative - but is in favor of allowing gay marriage - I am now going to point out the hypocrisy of the Leftists with respect to gay marriage.

Think back 1 year ago to when the Republicans passed the Constitutional Amendment.

The big argument from the Left was that the State Constitution was not the place to define what marriage is. AND there currently was a law defining marriage in MN as only between a man and a woman.

IN ADDITION, the Democrats stated they had no desire to change marriage as defined by Minnesota Law, but would allow the cases that they were hoping to be heard at the US Supreme Court to determine the future of marriage in Minnesota.

The 2012 elections were held. The GOP got their butts kicked by the DFL and less than 1 month into the new legislative season, the lying DFL'ers presented a bill to allow gay marriage in the State of Minnesota.

The Democrats showed themselves to be lying hypocrites while the Republicans showed themselves to be stupid.

You get the government you voted for and what you deserve. Have at it folks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Science not Conservatism”

Since: Jan 12

Progress, not Denial

#20 May 15, 2013
Awesome, glad to see yet another domino fall as the old, bigoted, homophobic America disappears and a better, freer one emerges.

Naturally Righties will be crying about this for a long time, as they cried about the end of slavery, the vote for women, the end of official racial discrimination, and the end of 'sodomy' laws.

But who cares? They're disappearing themselves!:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mall of America Protest 10 hr cantmakeitup 15
Minneapolis schools superintendent FIRED 15 hr Ron 9
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 17 hr Earthling-1 33,474
Walker Wins Unions Lose (May '12) Fri LIbEralS 29
Veteran Freed From MSP VA Dental Dept Phone Abu... Fri American_Sons 13
Review: State Wide Protective Agency (Jul '11) Fri Martin Scott treptow 84
8 dead in aussie stabbing Fri Space ace 1
Minneapolis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web